Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dont confederate with Morathi on Vortex

GuillermidasGuillermidas MadridRegistered Users Posts: 261
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
I'm playing vortex campaign with Morathi on very hard/very hard.

Turn 139. We already painted most of the map: The whole Ulthuan and Naggarond, Hexoalt and surroundings, 80% of Lustria and some pronvices in Southlands.

WE. Plural. I didn't confederete a single time. I tried once with Malekith but only for building achievements, and load last game inmmediately since it was a huge mistake. Why?

This is the political situation, since turn 80 or so.
-Naggarond 1st rank (Destroyed most North Ulthuan and now invading Khemri)
-Cult of pleasure (me) 2nd rank (Started Ulthuan invasion and single handel Hexoalt - very hard dino battles though)
-The blessed dread 3rd rank (Destroyed Itza and finishing Teclis)
-Har Ganeth 4th rank (Conquered east Ulthuan)
-Hag Graef 7th (winning against Clan Mors, but with few provinces)

The dark elves empire bullies all races without any retaliation. You just need to start the invasion and they do the rest.

PROS: the game is sooo much fun. Many battles won alongside my besties. Conquering Ulthuan is a cake walk.
Ally armies spread throught all the map, it is so wild.
CONS: you get much lower rate Scrolls for the ritual, making campaign slow for the long run. But you can always conf when enemies are gone, which will happen muuuuch sooner.

PD: I didn't use any cheese comp for games. I play all Dreadspear stacks and darkshards, with a mage and a death hag, and always a Black Ark around. I already have 4. All economic buildings. Not a single recruit one. That is black arks job. 15000 money for trade. Trade is your friend, and so are slaves.

PD 2: Morathi is most OP lord in battle (besides Kroak). She single handel stacks of fenix guards/sisters/dragon princes+tyrion many times. That made Lothern lose rest of territories against my allies fast.
"It's small, filthy and noisy. H! Just like a dwarf!"
Tagged:

Comments

• korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 420

and always a Black Ark around. I already have 4. All economic buildings. Not a single recruit one. That is black arks job. .

this, never understand how people can say blak arks are underwhelming, they let you fill every city with economic\slave building, a couple of black arks and you can spam full gold stack right or close to the frontline, they ve also plenty of slots to get tons of buff\aoe.

• GuillermidasGuillermidas MadridRegistered Users Posts: 261

and always a Black Ark around. I already have 4. All economic buildings. Not a single recruit one. That is black arks job. .

this, never understand how people can say blak arks are underwhelming, they let you fill every city with economic\slave building, a couple of black arks and you can spam full gold stack right or close to the frontline, they ve also plenty of slots to get tons of buff\aoe.

Black arks are OP. I just wish Norsca have something similiar to recruit far from home, to play "sack nautic faction" mode, just how they should.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    That's easy to do, just don't lose units and you wont need to be hiring them all the time away from home.
    edited May 2020
    When 40 rank9 dinos are charging towards you, with slanns using vortex on your backline, it doesnt matter if you have all black guard. Most of them will die.
    If you're fighting with an all Blackguard army, then perhaps you need to learn how to play. You've got AP line archers, AP skirmisher archers, AP artillery, and AP flying monsters, that would all give you better utility and options for dealing with both the dinosaurs and the Slann.

I've gone entire games without losing a unit card outside of AR.
  • Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,049
    I'll never understand people that like playing armies made entirely of one unit.

It just sound boring even if it works.
    I explain myseld wrongly in my last comment. I repeat, just like in the original post, I said “no cheese” tactics or army comp.

As an old TT player, I like balance and loreful armies. This means I mostly use “basic units”, dreadspears and darkshards as core, and never more than 8 “special”+”singular” units.
    I've been using the TT caps mod. It will prevent any 40 dinosaur armies you're running into in that case. :)

Although the basic AP archers really do make that a bit less than irritating as DE...
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 809
    Nice post. I always enjoy reading about other people's campaigns. I've never tried Morati, I hate the chaos spread thing... curious to give her a go now though.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151
    psychoak said:

I've been using the TT caps mod. It will prevent any 40 dinosaur armies you're running into in that case. :)

Although the basic AP archers really do make that a bit less than irritating as DE...

I agree, Darkshards are ridiculous in the campaign, given current paper-rock-scissors got wild meta of “ranged beats everything else”.

Ranged + tier one + AP + decent range + early buffs from any lord = ROFLSTOMP.

AFAIK, it’s the only tier 1 and even tier 2 ranged unit that has AP. It’s insane.
  • CharpCypressCharpCypress Registered Users Posts: 63
    Prkl8r said:

I'll never understand people that like playing armies made entirely of one unit.

It just sound boring even if it works.

It’s fine to do so if you’re playing hard difficulty or lower. However, once you start playing very hard and legendary, you pretty much have to go the most effective route or loose the game. With so many factions, that usually mean doom stack Units that works well for them even if it’s all just one unit. You can always revert back once you established a foothold though.
    psychoak said:

It is also my very first total war campaign i give a try to mods. Though they are all visuals, I was thinking to subscribe to sth that improves campaign.

You recommend me the cap mod? What’s the full name? Thaaanks for your responses btw!!