Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is the High Elves Lothern Skycutter coming ?

cossacks368cossacks368 Registered Users Posts: 98
edited May 7 in General Discussion

Comments

• xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Registered Users Posts: 904
    Might be the FLC mount
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,668
    Skycutter will probably come with Aslinn and Merwyrm.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,302
    xXF1aKOXx said:

Might be the FLC mount

None of the current characters can use it.

It seems the Skycutter is being saved for a game three crossover DLC.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,160
    Uh, whatever you posted is not loading for me.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    Aislinn
    - Seahelm Lord
    - Skycutter
    - Merwyrm
    - Sea Patrol

This is the way!
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,229
    Crossil said:

Uh, whatever you posted is not loading for me.

It's just a picture of a Skycutter mini.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,655
    This screams a Sea Lord Aislinn DLC in game 3
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 881
    It might either come with Imrik in FLC or Aislinn in next game.

All the units besides the Lothern Sea Guard that alludes to the High Elven navy are absent, which to me means that Aislinn is coming. The High Elves are *the* naval power in the canon, so I don't think CA is neglecting them.
  • BordigaBordiga Registered Users Posts: 293
    Bonutz619 said:

This screams a Sea Lord Aislinn DLC in game 3

I was thinking the exact same, merwyrm and skycutter for Sea lord Aislinn dlc in game 3.
    All opinions my own.

Medieval II is still the best Total War.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097

All the units besides the Lothern Sea Guard that alludes to the High Elven navy are absent, which to me means that Aislinn is coming. The High Elves are *the* naval power in the canon, so I don't think CA is neglecting them.

CA has NEVER made something as complicated as the Skycutter would be as FLC. Aislinn is the only hope now, and unless the plan is for that mysterious final DLC to be HE versus Skaven or something, that's probably going to be a long time coming if ever.
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 856
    There is hope for the future.

Not for this DLC.

It's the biggest thing I wanted from a High Elf upgrade, but there's still hope for future content. Probably in game three.
    Draxynnic said:

CA has NEVER made something as complicated as the Skycutter would be as FLC. Aislinn is the only hope now, and unless the plan is for that mysterious final DLC to be HE versus Skaven or something, that's probably going to be a long time coming if ever.
    We have The Hunter and The Beast: an older faction with a facelift being squared off against a newer one featured in the game. If, and very likely if, Chaos and Demons are main players in the next game, it's likely that the High Elves will make an appearance.

Draxynnic said:

We have The Hunter and The Beast: an older faction with a facelift being squared off against a newer one featured in the game. If, and very likely if, Chaos and Demons are main players in the next game, it's likely that the High Elves will make an appearance.
    Yeah HE vs DoC with Aislinn seems to be a given now
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 703
    It doesn't seem so, but I take it as good news as it could mean that in could come in a dlc in a far far future.

Draxynnic said:

As I've been saying for months now: I'm sceptical at best. There's not likely to be a lot of room to fit a HE lord into the TWW3 lands, and Aislinn in particular has the problem that the coastline of the Dark Lands is already pretty much occupied in Mortal Empires as it is.

And even if it does come, it'll be a long wait.
    Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

As I've been saying for months now: I'm sceptical at best. There's not likely to be a lot of room to fit a HE lord into the TWW3 lands, and Aislinn in particular has the problem that the coastline of the Dark Lands is already pretty much occupied in Mortal Empires as it is.

So the Far East gets more and more likely
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,160
    Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

The Sea of Chaos would be the general area for him, though. It aligns more with what he did with his list.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 856
    Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

Hmm...

Imrik is confirmed to start in the Dragon Isles area, near Malus. That knocks out Aislinn's most likely starting location.

There has been some murmuring that CA will expand Southlands and Lustria south in the game three world map.

If so, that could help solve that problem.

All speculation at this point, effectively baseless. But I'd love to see the Skycutter introduced some day. Always liked that model.
    Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

There was room for Markus, for the Vampire Coast, Repanse, for all the rogue armies in this map. If CA is planning to implement Aislinn, they can make room for him, especially since he can play like Lokhir or VC being a naval leader.
    Erathil said:

Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

Hmm...

Imrik is confirmed to start in the Dragon Isles area, near Malus. That knocks out Aislinn's most likely starting location.

There has been some murmuring that CA will expand Southlands and Lustria south in the game three world map.

If so, that could help solve that problem.

All speculation at this point, effectively baseless. But I'd love to see the Skycutter introduced some day. Always liked that model.
    It all depends on the map size of WH3.

If we get Tor Elithis and the Gates of Calith Aislinn can start there.

We also still have Tor Elasor as a potential start position for WH3
    Crossil said:

Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

The Sea of Chaos would be the general area for him, though. It aligns more with what he did with his list.
    True enough, even if technically I think he was more active in the Sea of Claws than the Sea of Chaos. There's also not much potential for him to have a home port there, and there might not be a lot of Sea of Chaos for him to be a sea horde in. So I'm still sceptical.

Now, if they go the full Far East, that opens up Gates of Calith and the Lost Isles, but going full Far East and doing it justice would mean Cathay at least and I know how you feel about that.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,302
    Draxynnic said:

Crossil said:

Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

True enough, even if technically I think he was more active in the Sea of Claws than the Sea of Chaos. There's also not much potential for him to have a home port there, and there might not be a lot of Sea of Chaos for him to be a sea horde in. So I'm still sceptical.

Now, if they go the full Far East, that opens up Gates of Calith and the Lost Isles, but going full Far East and doing it justice would mean Cathay at least and I know how you feel about that.
    Doing Cathay as the occupied by other races just like Araby.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• KandennKandenn Registered Users Posts: 485
    I could see Aislinn as a dlc, but against who ? We need an other sea themed lord for this potential pack.

The PERFECT match is sadly already in the game (Lokhir).