Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ideas to Make Guns More Distinct

TheGrandWizardTheGrandWizard Registered Users Posts: 13
I'm currently toying around with some ideas to make units like Handgunners and Thunderers more unique and distinct from other ranged units while staying balanced. My current version has Guns do a lot more damage per volley (5 Base damage to 10 base damage and 17 AP to 22 AP) but have a significantly longer reload (13s-19.4s). I also made their range 185 rather than 145 but kept their calibration distance around 100 and made slight changes to general accuracy like a spread value of 1 and changes to calibration area. Lastly I gave them Shieldbreaker, increased their price and upkeep and lowered their unit size by 10 for both Handgunners and Thunderers. I played an empire campaign with these changes to Handgunners and and a couple small changes to Free Company Militia which just normalized and slightly increased their Base damage and AP damage from 12 BD and 2 AP to 9 BD and 8 AP and increased their reload from 9s to 11s aswell as giving them a spread of 1 like the Handgunners. I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas, especially for the Vampire Coast because their range is all guns, I don't know what to do with them because I feel like just giving them similar changes would be too overwhelming especially for the Lizardmen which they spawn close to, but I also feel that making them flat out more expensive would take away from their theme and make them have less range because there is no alternative for them.
Tagged:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file