Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Variants - do-it-yourself edition

Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,985
Are you upset you got no Spear Boyz and Orc Bosses? Be upset no more! You can fix it yourself with a simple click. Here you are:

-Expanded Roster - Greenskins - Orc Pack
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195671626

-Black Orcs Shield
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1179074746

-Guv's Goblin Swords (REUPLOAD)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1877135359

-We'z Speshul - Black Orc Big Boss
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1892546199

-Black Orc Boss.pack
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1890292661

-Mezzo Black orcs units
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2079502824

-Savage Orc Axe and Shield Mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1890056965

-Greenskin Orc Boyz Halberd Mod - Version 4
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1871593759

We have 6800 mods and counting on the Workshop. Chances are you'll find what you're looking for. Give it a chance!
Tagged:

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 7,762
    I'll say that again and again mods are not an excuse for CA to not add something.

It's not because these mods exist that we can't ask for them to be officialy added.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,985
    neodeinos said:

I'll say that again and again mods are not an excuse for CA to not add something.

It's not because these mods exist that we can't ask for them to be officialy added.

Sure, you can ask. While you ask, you can also fix the problem easily. Or you can leave if unfixed out of principle, I guess.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,885
    Mods aren't a reason for CA not to add them themselves.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 7,762
    Xenos7 said:

neodeinos said:

Sure, you can ask. While you ask, you can also fix the problem easily. Or you can leave if unfixed out of principle, I guess.
    I'm already using mods for GS but I'll keep asking until CA hears me.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"
  • RYANS319RYANS319 Registered Users Posts: 170
    I Only try to use loreful mods so I do use quite a bit from above. But I agree with @neodeinos, it should be included in the game and not modded in.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,889
    I am kind of curious. Could CA just use the work done in some of these mods and just giving some compensation to the creators? Or even ask them if they could have them for free, I'm sure mods would be more than happy to let their work be used in the base game.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Mods aren't a reason for CA not to add them themselves.

Did I say this somewhere?

I am kind of curious. Could CA just use the work done in some of these mods and just giving some compensation to the creators? Or even ask them if they could have them for free, I'm sure mods would be more than happy to let their work be used in the base game.

I think they could. Cities Skylines' devs do it routinely, for example. But there is really no reason, it's not like there are special custom assets here, CA can accomplish the same result very easily.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 451
    Xenos you disappoint me.If I would have to rely on mods for this ,I would pay them and not Ca.

Xenos you disappoint me.If I would have to rely on mods for this ,I would pay them and not Ca.

I'm a practical man. White Lion Chariots? We can't mod them, they would look terrible. Black Orcs (Shields)? We can mod them, and they'll look exactly like CA's official unit. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask for things. Feel free. I'm just suggesting ways to fix this stuff right now.
  • HeinzuHeinzu Registered Users Posts: 924
    My problems with mods:

- Each update can break mods.
    - Mods might cause some bugs.
    - Mods might cause crashes.
    - Mods might cause performance issues.
    - Mods are often less balanced than official stuff because developers have access to battle results.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 451
    Xenos7 said:

I'm a practical man. White Lion Chariots? We can't mod them, they would look terrible. Black Orcs (Shields)? We can mod them, and they'll look exactly like CA's official unit. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask for things. Feel free. I'm just suggesting ways to fix this stuff right now.
    Fair point ,I still prefers mods to add creasy or unique stuff rather then things that Ca can do.
    hanesdav said:

My problems with mods:

- Mods are often less balanced than official stuff because developers have access to battle results.

Not all mods are created equal. A simple unit mod with no special stuff cannot really cause bugs or crashes and very rarely needs updates.
  • WarfieldWarfield Registered Users Posts: 366
    Mods can be good in some ways by showing CA what's possible and what people want, but would like to add that mods aren't great for multiplayer as each person requires the mod.

Warfield Undermountain
    Dwarf Lord of Zhufbar (for the time being)
    LINK: Dwarf Engineering DLC
    Daemons of Chaos vs Dwarfs - The Daemon and The Slayer DLC
    Greenskins vs Dwarfs - The Troll-Eater and The Vengeful DLC

• hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    I actually think CA should just add assets to the game here on out... then we can have more do it yourself edition threads.

I’ve been hearing just use mods thing every time there seems like a group of people want something it’s use a mod. Hearing that in the days of asking for an alternate battle pace (hey, seen from afar-at least 3k got a separate balance).

What happens when mods aren’t updated anymore? Mods should be seen as a temporary supplement-not a solution imo.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,139
    I appreciate the list OP, it’s a really handy reference.

Personally, main reason I’d like to see them ‘officially’ added is to use them in MP battles.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,223
    hanesdav said:

My problems with mods:

Exactly. And it causes problems when playing a multiplayer campaign, because it is hard to have exactly the same mods at the same time, and even if you manage to do it, it can still cause crashes/bugs.

That is why, even if I do like such kind of mods that adds lorefull units, I often do not use them. And so, I wish they were officials.

The only mods I can use freely are reskin mods.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
    hendo1592 said:

I actually think CA should just add assets to the game here on out... then we can have more do it yourself edition threads.

I’ve been hearing just use mods thing every time there seems like a group of people want something it’s use a mod. Hearing that in the days of asking for an alternate battle pace (hey, seen from afar-at least 3k got a separate balance).

What happens when mods aren’t updated anymore? Mods should be seen as a temporary supplement-not a solution imo.

They'll still work. You can probably take a unit mod out of WH1 and it will work in WH2. Very simple mods like these cannot really break anything. These are all prejudices.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,587
    What if I don’t like mods and prefer official stuff by CA?
    ArneSo said:

Then you play without spear orcs till CA officially adds them. I don't really see why, but to each his own.
    Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Then you play without spear orcs till CA officially adds them. I don't really see why, but to each his own.
    That’s why people asking CA to add these units.
    ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

And? It's not like I'm asking them to stop. I just said they can solve the problem right now very easily.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,339
    Do these units get buffed by racial, faction and lord skill/red tree abilities?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
    edited May 2020

Do these units get buffed by racial, faction and lord skill/red tree abilities?

Think so. It's a matter of writing things in unit_set_to_unit_junctions_table, not difficult. Most modders add it by now.
    Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

And? It's not like I'm asking them to stop. I just said they can solve the problem right now very easily.
    „Use a mod“ is not a valid argument.
    ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Not a valid argument for what? It's a valid argument for solving a problem, if it solves that problem.
    Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Not a valid argument for what? It's a valid argument for solving a problem, if it solves that problem.
    Okay so we don’t need the missing WoC units because there is a mod for that.

Mods are nice to have for those who want to use them. But they are not an excuse for CA to not implement missing units.

We need Spearboyz and CA should add them, period.
  • HealMeDudeHealMeDude Registered Users Posts: 156
    Passive aggressive thread trying to disguise itself as helpful.
    ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Xenos7 said:

ArneSo said:

Okay so we don’t need the missing WoC units because there is a mod for that.

Mods are nice to have for those who want to use them. But they are not an excuse for CA to not implement missing units.

We need Spearboyz and CA should add them, period.
    It's not the same thing at all. No modder could add Chimeras or Vortex Beasts. They are too complex, would require new models and animations, simply too much. Only CA can do that kind of things. But weapon variants are kitbashes. In making them CA uses the exact same method modders use. They did it with Horsemasters, Giant Slayers and a lot of free stuff. So they are technically the same thing, there is no real difference, it's just that one has an "official" label strapped on.

Now, I'm not saying CA shouldn't add stuff that can be reliably modded in. I myself don't care, other people care, that's fine. I'm just saying that there is no point in waiting endlessly when you can solve the problem right now.
    Vicas said:

Passive aggressive thread trying to disguise itself as helpful.

WTF?