Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Politics & Buffs

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,412
Hello everyone !! :)

I have been wondering something and I am sure you guys and girl can help me with this one.

You know how every character has there own buffs ? +2 PO and the likes etc etc. Now I am wondering something. How do wive buffs apply ? I assume when a character is a politician it resides in the capital of your kingdom (and party). But are these active for that province ?

Same applies for other parties. They mostly own there an entire province and they have there capital in that province. Does this mean that there politicians and there spouse stay in that capital (which I assume is true) but also give all there buffs to that province ?

Are politicians even giving an active buff ? Like a wive for example with a trait like +10% commercial in province. Does this apply to the capital province and if so, only to capital or region wide ?

These things are a bit unclear to me, do certain buffs even apply when they are not on the campaign map as a general ? Since many races can't field wives I can only assume that there traits of the aforementioned example do need to work for the capital she resides in, due to the fact you can not raise a woman as a general for many cultures. Logical conclusion is that here buffs work then for the place she resides in, otherwise her traits where nonsense and useless.

But I am not very sure of all this, I would really like to understand some of these mechanics better.

Please, do tell ! :)

I am thankful for your attention and effort. Have a great day now everyone.

The Dark One.
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• EasternRoman5EasternRoman5 Registered Users Posts: 67
    edited May 15
    Politicians do not give an active buff if the buff affects "local province"

The "local province" buffs affect the province the character is in, only if he is a general/admiral. Usually it is for your province but some effects may affect enemy province (for example the -x morale to enemy units)

Wife effects do not work unless the effect is factionwide or the wife is a general (as is the case with most barbarian factions and some arabians)
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,412

Politicians do not give an active buff if the buff affects "local province"

The "local province" buffs affect the province the character is in, only if he is a general/admiral. Usually it is for your province but some effects may affect enemy province (for example the -x morale to enemy units)

Wife effects do not work unless the effect is factionwide or the wife is a general (as is the case with most barbarian factions and some arabians)

hmmm alright, thanks man.

Weird though. confusing more to be honest. So wives traits (expect gravitas buff per turn) don't really do ANYTHING at all if its not factionwide ?

THanks !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • EasternRoman5EasternRoman5 Registered Users Posts: 67
    If the wife's traits is +x public order in local province for example then yes, it doesn't do anything unless this woman is a general/admiral, which can be the case for factions like barbarians, Egypt, Arabs, etc.

If the wife's trait buffs the husband somehow it works too. But if the effect is for local province, no.

A tip: if this looks confusing right now, in a few weeks they will make perfect sense. You will see. It takes time to learn the game but it is very very enjoyable.

Let us know if you have any more questions!