Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Brets chnages in the next patch taken from Aerocrastic

Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,409
Apparently Brets changes in the next patch:

Bretonnia
-Questing Knights +1 MD
-Companions of Quenelles +1 MD, +50 cost
-Green Knight -100 cost

Thx CA that was needed that +1 MD on QK was everybody was asking for.

taken from the https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnHEteuBw3U1k-1rXeHIXiw/videos

So how more months shall we wait for a meaningful chnage to their AP options?

Comments

• MarkroxMarkrox Registered Users Posts: 188
    Cheaper Green Knight is quite nice.

I'd love to see pegasus knights and griffon knights tweaked further. Their air to ground charge against single entities is better but not quite right, and often results in a couple of models duelling the SE while the majority form a polite queue behind them and watch. It has been said many times but perhaps Griffon knights becoming a SE could help, it would at least avoid the above problem.
  • KurnothHunterKurnothHunter Registered Users Posts: 319
    maybe those are not all changes to Brets
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 165
    edited May 18
    These are positive changes, but very conservative ones. I really think it's time for CA to treat low tier factions with more enthusiasm.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 6,929
    Regular pegs still $50 overpriced, they didnt scale properly with royals and grails

Roster still loaded with many dead units, which is unacceptable for a brain dead one dimensional faction such as this. Not only that, their roster r just that, they arent gonna get any new units anytime soon, making every single unit in the roster extremely precious.

Duplicate units like trebs a major handicap for the faction when it could be made into something far more useful to help them.

If +1 def for questing is all these guys getting. They gonna remain as trash tier, it’s literally the end of them, completely outclassed
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,409
    Well -100g on GK won't change much, but will help a tiny bit. QK didin't need any change.

Pegasi both variants perform atrocious on the ground since wh2. I think RPG are just not worth their pricetag if you plan on using them on the ground becasue: no AP, low mass, and low HP. Good air vs air unit but other then that it's better to spend your cash on RHK.

I don't recall any from the wh2 races that have 1,6k priced monstrous unit with no AP on them. They are good at winning air fights but for 1,6k their bad performance on the ground makes them not a really good pick vs RHK, who are good both in the air and on the ground and much more tanky.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,581
    we definitely don't know yet the full patch notes.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Registered Users Posts: 542
    This would not be a buff to the faction. You lose 50 gold for +1 MD on a few units, which is at best neutral, and the Green Knight will still be useless.
    the green knight ain't useless. he just maybe doesn't do what you want him to do. Like a lot of ethereals, its all about abusing them properly.
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Green knight is useless
    eumaies said:

the green knight ain't useless. he just maybe doesn't do what you want him to do. Like a lot of ethereals, its all about abusing them properly.

if thats the case, then a lot of units in the game don't deserve buffs

ungrim is useful you know, you just gotta abuse the rune of wrath to let him do something. He doesn't deserve any buff. Hes just doing something outside what you want to do

same as gyrobombers

see?
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,518
    edited May 18

see?

Nah. It is more like Green Knight are just like double banshees build by VC. You can use it sometimes vs faction that lack counter(Coast). But that is it. Unit just have very narrow purpose.

While Ungrim purpose are just to draw kite in QB.

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

ungrim is useful you know, you just gotta abuse the rune of wrath to let him do something. He doesn't deserve any buff. Hes just doing something outside what you want to do

same as gyrobombers

see?
    i see that you make very poor arguments. there are no examples of gyrobombers or ungrim performing well in competitive games even when wasting good support items on them as you suggest.

green knight, however, is often used in competitive games and used effectively.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,178
    eumaies said:

For the life of me, I can't recall such instance.
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
    Green Kight just sucks, and needs other buffs. Even good splash attack would help him immensly.

Bretonnia is and will be arguably worst race in MP right now.

A lot of units in Bretonnian roster are just very situotianal which by itself is not bad, but not in a roster that is one of the smalles in the game whit the biggest holes.
    eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?
    i see that you make very poor arguments. there are no examples of gyrobombers or ungrim performing well in competitive games even when wasting good support items on them as you suggest.

yes show me really competitive game swith very competitive top notch builds where gk performs that good, which i doubt.

He is not useless, but since he is only usefull against Single entities he should be a lot better at dealing with them given how much he costs, it's 2k right now with his sword.

eumaies said:

For the life of me, I can't recall such instance.
    when i have a minute i'll find some recent ones to share.

eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

yes show me really competitive game swith very competitive top notch builds where gk performs that good, which i doubt.

He is not useless, but since he is only usefull against Single entities he should be a lot better at dealing with them given how much he costs, it's 2k right now with his sword.
    they just lowered his price.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,178
    eumaies said:

eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

Ok I didn't know that. By how much?
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server
    tank3487 said:

see?

Nah. It is more like Green Knight are just like double banshees build by VC. You can use it sometimes vs faction that lack counter(Coast). But that is it. Unit just have very narrow purpose.

While Ungrim purpose are just to draw kite in QB.
    at least double banshee is cheap, 1500 in total
    can be in two places

even against coast hes bad, summons and zombies just keep blocking him.
    the last time i saw Green knight used competitively was against coast, and he was just constantly locked out of important combat till he dies
    eumaies said:

eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

yea, still 2k with his sword as godefrey said

with the price buff -100
    its 1800 + 210
    eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

ive seen ungrim facing LZM in turin tourney

its that a good proof that ungrim is good?
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    Sigh, qk buffs, totally the unit that isnt already overtuned and brets are crutching on super hard...
    Green knight buffs are alright, but when changes to blessed treb, reliquae, yeomen, wardens etc all need changes, this is not what brettonia needed.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw

eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

K I stand corrected, he’s certainly not a common pick in tourneys - since I’m not finding any good examples in a quick search.

I did recently, maybe on twitch in a myson hw tourney finale or similar see him used very competitively multiple times. Essentially pairing him with other heroic characters (gotrek fay) and just exploiting his extreme tankiness and healing. It was that weird player who is very good but always exploits the woods deployments.

And I’ve generally faced competitive builds that do this kind of extreme attrition thing quite well.

Big picture, he’s not efficient in the traditional sense of getting lots done for 2k spend. However he can win games simply by being unkillable by many units and builds.

Like all ethereal units basically, it’s very hard to balance healing ethereals without them having a lot of abuse potential in the simply unkillable war of attrition department.

So redesign him if you want but I don’t know what else you want from an ethereal cav assassin. That’s basically what they’re designed to do.
    edited May 18

eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

If he won or made an appreciable difference sure that’s some evidence.

And yeah he’s not actually bad naked he’s just worse than the other lords since he brings no real utility and 100% of his items and abilities are crap. Except maybe 36pt deathblow lol.
  • AerocrasticAerocrastic Registered Users Posts: 446
    So far this is only an early look so the changes are not final: I included my disclaimer late into the video so that may be a part of why there is a bit of undue havoc surrounding some of the changes. That said, yes a lot of balance passes at a glance look very tone deaf to me right now and I can only hope that they reign things in.

Normal Pegasus knights could have done with a -50 to their cost.
    Mounted yeomen maybe a -25 or -50 as well.
    If they were going to buff any core knight units it should have been Knights Errant.
    The Green Knight is all right being cheaper but his issue was an inability to free himself from blobs and bretonnia's general lack of AoE spells. I'm not sure if hit reaction chance changes affected his viability but having 2 weaker SE is better than one more expensive one when it comes to hero ethereals I feel.
    Hippogryph mount for paladins would be great.

that's pretty much all I'd ask for myself
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 6,929
    ^ that and I would personally also add
    - Mounted yeoman archers -$25
    - Poleman at arms +2 hp
    - Reliq -$100
    - Pilgrims +3 speed
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 165
    Personally, I'm more concerned about expanding Bretonnia's options to include Henri and some kind of armour piercing/armour sundering ranged unit, to shore up their terrible matchups. As other rosters grow, it becomes less and less possible to fix things with stat-tweaks. Especially ones like +1MD.
    eumaies said:

eumaies said:

Green knight is useless

eumaies said:

same as gyrobombers

see?

If he won or made an appreciable difference sure that’s some evidence.

And yeah he’s not actually bad naked he’s just worse than the other lords since he brings no real utility and 100% of his items and abilities are crap. Except maybe 36pt deathblow lol.

Ya the point is the same as that would be some evidence if i see green knight being used and won

He doesnt
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 8,661
    I heard that peg knights normal got +2MA, +2 Bonus v large...can someone confirm or dispute this?

So far this is only an early look so the changes are not final: I included my disclaimer late into the video so that may be a part of why there is a bit of undue havoc surrounding some of the changes. That said, yes a lot of balance passes at a glance look very tone deaf to me right now and I can only hope that they reign things in.

Normal Pegasus knights could have done with a -50 to their cost.
    Mounted yeomen maybe a -25 or -50 as well.
    If they were going to buff any core knight units it should have been Knights Errant.
    The Green Knight is all right being cheaper but his issue was an inability to free himself from blobs and bretonnia's general lack of AoE spells. I'm not sure if hit reaction chance changes affected his viability but having 2 weaker SE is better than one more expensive one when it comes to hero ethereals I feel.
    Hippogryph mount for paladins would be great.

that's pretty much all I'd ask for myself

Amen to that.

Green Knight is just easy to bog down by cheap inf or summons. He should have something like Repanses explosion but without the debuff component but instead he could buff his speed to be able to just escape inf formations. This on a 90 or 120 sec CD wouldn't too OP but would help him immensely.

The easiest change would be just to give him a good splash attack so he can leave his way out of inf blob.
    so another 6 months of waiting till we get another +1 MA on Knights Errant or something.