Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Guys, Creative Assembly DOES listen to player feedback

2»

Comments

• Draxynnic#3149Draxynnic#3149 Registered Users Posts: 11,445
    tww2ranks said:

@Draxynnic,
    "Sure, the silent majority might not care" - they even are here, these are those who do not put Like =)

the first thing to start is to create tools for communication on the forum.

1. e.g. Voting

The people who use silent majority arguments would still claim that the people who even saw the vote are too small a minority to be a representative sample. Funnily enough, they're often convinced that the silent majority agrees with them despite being silent on the matter.
  • Ad4mGAd4mG Registered Users Posts: 476
    edited May 2020
    how they listen...

Welcome new DLC The Warden & The Paunch!
    bugs the same!
    ok, wait next 5 months...

How long does it take to fix this?
    probably less than agreed with the project management?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2610338#Comment_2610338
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    Business discussion. Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,211

The people asking for things and complaining are just really passionate about the game and want it to be the best it can be/what they envision. Sure it gets a bit much sometimes but that's the internet.

If the game was crap there would be no one on here asking for things. It's also quite a common cultural thing to raise criticism and point out negatives more so than positives.

Not sure why you felt disheartened, are you new to the internet?

Don't forget many passionate fans are people in or just out of their teens and they haven't yet learned to deal with criticism lie adults. You seem the same patters of irrational and defensive behaviour in pretty much every gaming franchise ad it's all part of the territory.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArecBalrin#2350ArecBalrin#2350 Registered Users Posts: 2,935
    The silent majority agree 100% with everything I post. I know this because they never say so, hence 'silent majority'.

I also do not like that poison-type effects no longer afflict friendly-units: it makes zero intuitive sense. How does the poison distinguish between friends and enemies? This is being done purely because other poor design decisions CA have made make it hard to actually make specific use of poisoned missiles.

File in the same folder as spear-walls causing 'reduced missile block-chance' in 3K: nonsense which CA will never explain. Total War will continue becoming less intuitive and more nonsensical because of this.
  • Ad4mGAd4mG Registered Users Posts: 476

I want to preface this rant (because this is honestly what this is going to be) by saying that I am extremely excited about the next dlc/free update, which is two days away at the time of my posting. After seeing the dlc trailer almost two weeks ago, I was so freaking excited about the changes that were coming and how cool the characters showcased are going to be to play. After having my fill of the trailer, I took to these very forums to see how excited everyone else was about what the next content drop had to offer, and I did see that a lot of people were similarly excited about what was to come.

But I was disheartened to see how many people were angry for some reason of other. The reasons ranged from being mad about the lack of Goblin spear chakkas, discontent over the wood elves and beastmen not getting a re-work, that CA is incompetent and the only good content is made through fan-made mods, etc etc. But the overarching theme ( and often central arguement) is that somehow, CA is at fault and doesn't listen to player feedback, and honestly, I can understand some of the complaints.

Spear chakkas are a cool unit that'd be useful. Wood Elves and Beastmen absolutely need a rework. The online modding community is incredible and has given a lifetime of content for this amazing game. I agree to all of these things, but it feels like more than a few people ignore everything else positive that CA has done with the game, and makes their own complaints sound way more important and pressing than they really are, in order to justify their anger towards CA. I get that these are generally a small group of people who are loud to seem like they're bigger than they are, but I want to express my anger and frustration to the people who don't actually seem to appreciate anything CA does.

I want to say right now that CA have been doing an amazing job with Warhammer and that yes, they do listen to player feedback. The entire WAAAGH! update is a (free) overhaul of the Greenskins, a race that fans have pointed out has been in need of an update and specifically addresses most of the Greenskins previous problems. In the same vein, the High Elves are having an Influence overhaul, another complaint players have had. The entire Proving Grounds Beta was an experiment to test out a bunch of different solutions to various complaints players had, and relied on player feedback on what changes they liked. In their latest video update, they specifically referenced the Proving Grounds and expressed a desire to try to implement some more extreme changes made in the Proving Grounds and to reopen the Proving Grounds a second time, because they were excited for more player feedback and to test out new ideas. AND POISON ARROWS DON'T INFLICT POISON TO FRIENDLY UNITS ANYMORE. Maybe some of these changes took a bit too long to be implemented into the game, but isn't it more important that at the end of the day, they WILL be implemented? What has CA been but receptive to feedback?

I get that it sometimes takes a while for CA to the issues some people have, and sometimes CA makes a mistake, but I also want to point out that CA isn't perfect, and doesn't need to be perfect in order to make a fun and engaging game that offers hundreds of hours of content. Furthermore, CA has more than just this one game to worry about. Three Kingdoms released about a year ago and they're currently working through and developing dlc for it. They have an entire catalogue of different games they have to pay attention to and different problems to solve, so obviously they aren't going to be able to immediately attend to our every complaint or criticism.

Finally, I want to end this by thanking Creative Assembly for all of their hard work, from the quality of the work they provide to how much they include the community in their development, and I'm heartened to see other people in the community who are also posting appreciation threads on this forum.

they listen but don't hear or understand...
  • virginia1861virginia1861 Registered Users Posts: 302

I want to preface this rant (because this is honestly what this is going to be) by saying that I am extremely excited about the next dlc/free update, which is two days away at the time of my posting. After seeing the dlc trailer almost two weeks ago, I was so freaking excited about the changes that were coming and how cool the characters showcased are going to be to play. After having my fill of the trailer, I took to these very forums to see how excited everyone else was about what the next content drop had to offer, and I did see that a lot of people were similarly excited about what was to come.

But I was disheartened to see how many people were angry for some reason of other. The reasons ranged from being mad about the lack of Goblin spear chakkas, discontent over the wood elves and beastmen not getting a re-work, that CA is incompetent and the only good content is made through fan-made mods, etc etc. But the overarching theme ( and often central arguement) is that somehow, CA is at fault and doesn't listen to player feedback, and honestly, I can understand some of the complaints.

Spear chakkas are a cool unit that'd be useful. Wood Elves and Beastmen absolutely need a rework. The online modding community is incredible and has given a lifetime of content for this amazing game. I agree to all of these things, but it feels like more than a few people ignore everything else positive that CA has done with the game, and makes their own complaints sound way more important and pressing than they really are, in order to justify their anger towards CA. I get that these are generally a small group of people who are loud to seem like they're bigger than they are, but I want to express my anger and frustration to the people who don't actually seem to appreciate anything CA does.

I want to say right now that CA have been doing an amazing job with Warhammer and that yes, they do listen to player feedback. The entire WAAAGH! update is a (free) overhaul of the Greenskins, a race that fans have pointed out has been in need of an update and specifically addresses most of the Greenskins previous problems. In the same vein, the High Elves are having an Influence overhaul, another complaint players have had. The entire Proving Grounds Beta was an experiment to test out a bunch of different solutions to various complaints players had, and relied on player feedback on what changes they liked. In their latest video update, they specifically referenced the Proving Grounds and expressed a desire to try to implement some more extreme changes made in the Proving Grounds and to reopen the Proving Grounds a second time, because they were excited for more player feedback and to test out new ideas. AND POISON ARROWS DON'T INFLICT POISON TO FRIENDLY UNITS ANYMORE. Maybe some of these changes took a bit too long to be implemented into the game, but isn't it more important that at the end of the day, they WILL be implemented? What has CA been but receptive to feedback?

I get that it sometimes takes a while for CA to the issues some people have, and sometimes CA makes a mistake, but I also want to point out that CA isn't perfect, and doesn't need to be perfect in order to make a fun and engaging game that offers hundreds of hours of content. Furthermore, CA has more than just this one game to worry about. Three Kingdoms released about a year ago and they're currently working through and developing dlc for it. They have an entire catalogue of different games they have to pay attention to and different problems to solve, so obviously they aren't going to be able to immediately attend to our every complaint or criticism.

Finally, I want to end this by thanking Creative Assembly for all of their hard work, from the quality of the work they provide to how much they include the community in their development, and I'm heartened to see other people in the community who are also posting appreciation threads on this forum.

Agreed. I found this out long ago. They listen to the money they are a business.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,075
    They listen but at the same time they are not going to take advice from people who know very little about game balance. I consistently see people arguing for old mechanics that were originally removed due to all the original complaints. Just because people think they understand game design doesn't mean they actually do.
  • ArecBalrin#2350ArecBalrin#2350 Registered Users Posts: 2,935

They listen but at the same time they are not going to take advice from people who know very little about game balance. I consistently see people arguing for old mechanics that were originally removed due to all the original complaints. Just because people think they understand game design doesn't mean they actually do.

For CA themselves to make this argument however, they'd have to actually explain the daft decisions they've made. They never do.