Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Just now released grom's start is surrounded by unfavorable terrain on all sides.

GamgeeGamgee Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,912
edited May 21 in General Discussion
Another lord I'll never touch lol. Starting unfavorable terrain is like the bane of my existence in TW games. Any start that has it or has lots of it in mid game even is nope. Elf start it is.

Edit
It's basically just a timer until you can start the real campaign.

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    I use all climate suitable, so dont have that issue :3
  • bayesbayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 426
    edited May 21
    If you are talking about the ME campaign my strategy was just sacking the first settlement until I get strong enough to invade ulthuan and get a waagh going, then just peace out paravon. Seems pretty fitting for a grom campaign.
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 282
    Oh no, not the minor debuffs! Anything but the MINOR DEBUFFS!

But as the other guy said, if it really bothers you, you can always mod it out if it prevents you from enjoying the LL.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,912
    Laindesh said:

I use all climate suitable, so dont have that issue :3

I’ll have to get this thanks.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,432
    I don't see an issue, personally.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,526
    One of if not my best Vampire Counts campaigns had me unite Sylvania and then I fended of Empire minors and the main faction as I then had a back and forth war with the Dwarfs starting with the Zhufbar settlements, via the Mount Gunbad settlements and down into the Silver Road. That was harsh but super fun!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Registered Users Posts: 882
    RikRiorik said:

One of if not my best Vampire Counts campaigns had me unite Sylvania and then I fended of Empire minors and the main faction as I then had a back and forth war with the Dwarfs starting with the Zhufbar settlements, via the Mount Gunbad settlements and down into the Silver Road. That was harsh but super fun!

Vamp counts with 3 gold mines are terrifying :lol:

SURELY the winning strat as Grom is to go inland, slap Skarsnik in to confederating, THEN head to the donut
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 967
    edited May 21
    Im finding that Grom can sack for insane amounts of money, so Im not really trying to settle the Brettonian settlements - just using them to fuel my economy and WAAGH!! meter.

Like others, my goal is going to be forcing Skarsnik to confederate - and fending off the HEs - in the early stage of the game.

As far as the terrain type, it doesn't really bother me. I like that different lords/starts provide different challenges on the campaign map.
    Post edited by Blaeys on
  • Kapten_GarsKapten_Gars Registered Users Posts: 217
    You are not meant to paint the enitre map as Grom , raid, sack and raze to get all the gold and waagh points you need. Use settlements in favourable terrain as base camps to rest and recover before heading out again. In the lore the Greenskins never captured and held huge amounts of human territory, WH1 represented this side better, with the climate system it is too easy to snowball using unfavourable terrain for a lot of factions. Capturing a settlement should have more drawbacks than it does currently, would help slow down the game and extend the mid game.
  • Dullahan125Dullahan125 Registered Users Posts: 75
    same thing with khatep it adds an additional challange