Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

HE Campaign Rebalance is great!

MantrielMantriel Registered Users Posts: 31
I started a new Tyrion game and I can't confederate the other HE nations, no matter how high my relationship is with them, which is great. It makes the game slightly more challenging and logical. (I think it is linked with your army size whether or not they accept the confederation offer).

And the other HE nations didn't attack each other (except for Saphery), which is very thematic in my opinion.

Usually Tyrion starts the game with two wars already declared against Cothique and Yvress. Instead there are Dark Elves in Eataine, Vampire Coast in Caledor and Greenskin in Yvress... which makes for a nice and interesting start. The first quest is to conquer the Phoenix Gate (which suggests getting rid of the DE on Ulthuan) and which leads to a natural progression towards the DE in Naggaroth.

And I really like the change that basic Spearmen and Archers don't need the basic "Barracks" building anymore.

Overall I really enjoy the new HE changes.
Eltharion and Imrik are great aswell!

I guess somewhere later in TW:WH3 Korhil will come for Chrace, and maybe Caradryan as a FLC too.

Comments

• Asurwarrior998Asurwarrior998 Registered Users Posts: 135
    edited May 22
    Yes I agree the High Elves are sitting pretty this patch. With the mini rework they got, the Influence system feels better than ever before. Their new units are SOO good. Rangers and silveran guard are amazing units and silveran guard are packed into all my armies. It feels like all the holes they had that were huge disadvantages were filled and I love it. They have so much colour and flavour they never had before. And the Greenskins too.

Let's hope the Asrai receive the same amount of care next patch as these two did if not even better as CA seems to just keep constantly out doing their own ever higher bar.
  • Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 62

Yes I agree the High Elves are sitting pretty this patch. With the mini rework they got, the Influence system feels better than ever before. Their new units are SOO good. Rangers and silveran guard are amazing units and silveran guard are packed into all my armies. It feels like all the holes they had that were huge disadvantages were filled and I love it. They have so much colour and flavour they never had before. And the Greenskins too.

Let's hope the Asrai receive the same amount of care next patch as these two did if not even better as CA seems to just keep constantly out doing their own ever higher bar.

Rangers are just alright imo, I mean they definitely fill a roster gap, I just don't find them that useful.

Silverin guard on the other hand, oh they are SO good, heavily armored and shielded infantry, they are excellent at holding the line and more resilient to Archer fire than Phoenix guard, which let's them Frontline in the endgame as well.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,142
    Having Cult of Pleasure on Ulthuan is definitely more interesting. Not sure where it will lead but Morathi crushed Tyrion's first army and is doing pretty well on turn 14 already 5 regions + the gate. https://ibb.co/3r17YkZ

Now just add some random Chaos spawns from the Vortex and Ulthuan feels fairly complete.

The Spire archers are quite good- Charge Defence vs All and Unbreakable? Nice.

Rangers filled more of a void than I realized HE had with only Spearmen.

Playing more early battles with HE lineup I am finding Ellyrion Reavers are very good against enemies who are not DE or Lizardmen. Rarely used them after the early battles as HE because of the enemies they typically fought but vs Greenskins, Vampires, and Tomb Kings the Ellyrion Reavers are the stars of many battles.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 646
    Ichon said:

Having Cult of Pleasure on Ulthuan is definitely more interesting. Not sure where it will lead but Morathi crushed Tyrion's first army and is doing pretty well on turn 14 already 5 regions + the gate. https://ibb.co/3r17YkZ

Now just add some random Chaos spawns from the Vortex and Ulthuan feels fairly complete.

The Spire archers are quite good- Charge Defence vs All and Unbreakable? Nice.

Rangers filled more of a void than I realized HE had with only Spearmen.

Playing more early battles with HE lineup I am finding Ellyrion Reavers are very good against enemies who are not DE or Lizardmen. Rarely used them after the early battles as HE because of the enemies they typically fought but vs Greenskins, Vampires, and Tomb Kings the Ellyrion Reavers are the stars of many battles.

I've seen Morathi taken Tiranoc pretty regularly in last patch. And concerning Ellyrian Reavers they're very good, no matter against who. In my Teclis campaings I always pick a couple and they're great at making big dinos go on rampage a charge my lines ahead of the rest of their army or at cleansening the battlefield, something that is very important for Teclis.