Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Greenskins and Karak Multiplayer is pointless now

Loomy13Loomy13 Registered Users Posts: 5
Now with the confederate AND the Waagh! Mechanic, the multiplayer between Mors, Angrund, and Crooked Moon is utterly broken. It’s unplayable, anyone who picks Crooked Moon just needs to pick off any LL and they just win with no actual investment into anything. Greenskins in general are just absolutely busted and it leaves nothing to be desired. Please fix this mess, I get it lore-wise, but in terms of gameplay it’s a total mess.

Comments

• Sparkwarrior777Sparkwarrior777 Registered Users Posts: 59
    To clarify I’m assuming that when you say miltiplayer you mean the race to take Karak 8 peaks with crooked moon, mor, and clan anduin( I butchered its spelling),

Your correct on snartsnitch being in a Better boat than the other two, but snarznich start with little green skins around him. A lot of enemy factions surround him with no easy way out unless he abandons his start location with the hope of beating another tribe. On top of that he still does not have orcs until he get 8 peaks of he can beat a lord with what he’s got I would say he has earned it by then.
  • Loomy13Loomy13 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Yes that’s what I mean, and no it’s not hard at all. I’m playing with a friend and he subsumed like 2 factions into him within 10 turns? And acquired 3 other factions and acquired Karak in 30 turns. Not having orcs never hurt him because he just grabbed orcs on the way. We’re on turn 32 and he’s got every major orc faction and Karak eight peaks, with 0 struggle.
    No other enemy factions wanted to war and even then they never attacked meanwhile Belegar is huffing and puffing with 50% upkeep and trying to stop grudges from piling increasing upkeep more. It’s honestly has no balance.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,001
    Yeah, I am not sure the mechanic should be 'confederation' rather vassalization and if the Waaaghs keep coming eventually confederation but most of the LLs should be thinking at least once or twice they were only beat by mistake.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,691
    Yeah that's unfortunate. There was already some pretty bad matchups to avoid in head to head campaigns, but this iconic one should really be looked at.

It also just seems pretty OP in single player as well, and doesn't make me want to play greenskins. Vassals are just much more fun of a mechanic.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,497
    krunsh said:

Yeah that's unfortunate. There was already some pretty bad matchups to avoid in head to head campaigns, but this iconic one should really be looked at.

It also just seems pretty OP in single player as well, and doesn't make me want to play greenskins. Vassals are just much more fun of a mechanic.

Vassals have never once been a fun mechanic in the history of Total War.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 936
    Ichon said:

Yeah, I am not sure the mechanic should be 'confederation' rather vassalization and if the Waaaghs keep coming eventually confederation but most of the LLs should be thinking at least once or twice they were only beat by mistake.

Ye, it is ridiculously overpowered and absolutely no thought went into it. Greenskins are WAY stronger and more advantageously than Norsca, for whom it actually made sense.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,283
    Yeah it's not as cool as we thought it would be.

Perhaps as a tweak... you should only gain confederation as an option if you beat the leader *and* have a higher strength rating than them?

Or maybe make it some sort of proportion if that sounds TOO hard?

Maybe you have to win X number of battles against the faction and THEN beat their faction leader?

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,469
    Just as I have forseen complete garbage.

And everyone was like: "Yeaahh CA! you go girl!"
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    krunsh said:

Vassals in TWWH are horrendous.
    edited May 22
    Better vassals, than to literally double your economic and military strength for winning a single goddamn battle.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 866
    I know CA said they wanted to make some factions easy and some factions hard but I feel like the Battle for K8P should be of equal difficulty for Mors, Moon and Ironhammer.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file