Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

BOB Assembly Kit TotalWar Warhammer2 crashes

brun3125brun3125 Registered Users Posts: 3

DAVE and TERRY Assembly kit function quite well, but Bob doesn't.

Does anyone get the same problem?
Is there somethong to do to solve it?

Assembly kit and Totalwar warhammer2 game are in the same folder.
I've already uninstalled and installed assembly kit totalwar warhammer2. The problem is still there.

Thank you for your answers

Brun3125

Comments

• brun3125brun3125 Registered Users Posts: 3

DAVE and TERRY Assembly kit function quite well, but Bob doesn't.

Does anyone get the same problem?
    Is there something to do to solve it?

Assembly kit and Totalwar warhammer2 game are in the same folder.
    I've already uninstalled and installed assembly kit totalwar warhammer2. The problem is still there.

Thank you for your answers

Brun3125
  • sendaisursendaisur Registered Users Posts: 10
    I have exactly the same issue. I have send a support request to [email protected]
    Still waiting for a reply.

Just so you know you're not alone in this.

On my part, I also checked the files and uninstalled/download the game and the tool twice.

Regards.

Sendai
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 201
    I'm having the same problem. I also tried reinstalling it all etc
  • brun3125brun3125 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited May 22
    Thanx mat for your answers. I'm still trying to get it to work. I'll let you know if it goes right.

I've got also a problem with Warhammer2 laucher right now !! :(

Regards
    Post edited by brun3125 on
    To help CA, my ID build for the entire Assembly Kit tool is 4514863.
    I also checked file .txt call: bob_startup_error.txt wich can be found in Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II\assembly_kit\binaries

The .txt is empty after another failed attempt to launch BOB.
    DAVE and Terry still working fine, DAVE report no error when export binaries.

Hope this help.

Regards
  • BugmansxxxBugmansxxx Registered Users Posts: 240
    I have the same thing.

And when i open assembly kit properties on steam it does not even show BOB at all. DAVE and TERRY show up as usual but no BOB.
  • S0V3REiGNS0V3REiGN Registered Users Posts: 1
    For some reason BOB is looking for files in a directory that does not exist. I tried reinstalling it, rebooting PC and even deleted all the local files to make sure.
  • bobtrufontbobtrufont Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited May 24
    Have the exact same issue. Haven't used the kit in a while as I was waiting for the new DLC, tried to use BOB on the day the new DLC was released to update my mod, only to run into the same error.

No probs using Dave nor Terry.

CA, please update YOUR tools that YOU are meant to be supporting.
    Post edited by bobtrufont on
  • blackthorn9999blackthorn9999 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I am getting the same exact issue.

This only happens when trying to load BOB.

CA please fix ASAP!
  • simbalmsimbalm Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm also having the problem.
    Terry is bugged for me.
    In Terry, it seems to be linked to building entities.
    When loading a map with buildings, the messages appear at 47% of the project loading.
    Only the message box can be interacted with.
    Clicking ignore repeatedly shows 136 error messages pertaining to database tables audio_group_sound_tables, audio_ability_phases_tables and special_ability_phases_tables. Always in the same order.
    And ignoring the last one (Record: wh_main_spell_light_bironas_timewarp_upgraded in table: special_ability_phases_tables) leads to a crash to desktop.
    Clicking retry leads to a "console break" message and the program freezes.
    Clicking abort closes Terry.
    The first message is particulary strange since "agic_Generic_Tomb_Kings_Debuff_Loop_Start-" is not an actual record in the audio_group_sounds_tables, and also because of the unknown character at the end.

When loading a map that has no buildings, or creating a new map, the project loads properly. However,
    1. If you click the render window, during the loading of the render, the same error messages appear, but in boxes that don't prevent you from interacting with the rest of Terry. If you click "ignore" on all 136 of them, Terry crashes.
    2. If you click the building menu after loading the render, Terry freezes.
    3. If you click the building menu before loading the render, you get the same blocking error messages as when loading a map with buildings

One thing I notice is that both screenshots posted above have french labels on the buttons. I'm also French, so maybe there is a localisation problem here. However, I run Windows, Steam and TWWH2 in english, so I don't know where the problem might be occuring

I have tried:
    re-installing TWWH2
    re-installing Assembly Kit
    re-installing Microsoft VC and DirectX redists
    offending database entries seem fine when opened in Dave or RPFM, and the game has no audio issues
    Hi, @simbalm,

Yes, i have also tought about the localization issue, so i change the game from french to english, but it doesn't solve the issue so i came back to french.

I also did the same for VC and redist.

But in the data.pack (in Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II\data), checked with PFM the table audio_group_sound was empty.
    So i deleted the data.pack, check the files with steam. It downloaded the missing .pack, the table is now full, but the error still remain.
  • bobtrufontbobtrufont Registered Users Posts: 2
    Bump. Hoping to at least hear devs acknowledge this is an issue.
  • wmdwmdwmdwmd Registered Users Posts: 2
    I am having the exact same console message from Bob.modder.x64 as OP has: "s:\branches\warhammer2\shadow... etc. Can't use BOB. Unfortunate because I just made my first foray into modding and was pretty excited to publish a mod raising the maximum number of famous battle sites that can exist. I found the line and edited it using DaVE, exported it, now I'm not sure how to get it into the game and onto the workshop without BOB...
  • simbalmsimbalm Registered Users Posts: 2
    In case you want to continue working on your mods and don't need the new content or to publish up-to-date mods, I've found that the problem disappears by switching my game back to 1.8.3 using the beta selection in the game's Steam properties
  • TheCelt990TheCelt990 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same problem here. BOB is broken and getting the same errors.
    Problem solve after an update of both game client and AK this day.
    Only downside is that it takes between 5-7 minutes to either export tables changes from dave to binaries or to launch bob.

Just tried to make a .pack with it, and it works as intended.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file