Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Orc boar riders, wolf chariots and snotling wagons?

BeardedragonBeardedragon MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,478
edited May 22 in General Discussion
Whats the entire point of snotling wagons? i mean i thought that cheap fast infantry was the point of Wolf riders.

Also how are pump wagons different from a wolf/boar chariot? except they cant shoot arrows while they drive. The Pump wagons seem very powerful for their cost, which i dont really mind but i feel like it puts the rest of the orc boar/goblin wolf chariots to shame.

Sure orc boar cavalry is still cavalry, but at least the wolf riders dont seem to do more damage than wagons, they only really have speed as a thing.

While im happy about the pump wagons i feel like they cross a line of usage that the wolf riders and their chariot version should be filling instead.

Maybe thats just me.

Comments

• DaothaGitDaothaGit Registered Users Posts: 49
    It definitely creates the issue you describe

On the tabletop the pumpwagon was a special unit and thus limited. It also was kinda unreliable as the movement was determined at random by the dice roll. It could be utterly devastating but also fizzle out like a wet fart.

The game doesn't have that amount of randomness, that the entire Greenskin army on the table top had. Squigs, animosity, randomness of Pumpwagons, Fanatics are just a few of the uncontrollable units from the tabletop that now work in TWW2 like clockwork and are devastating.

I guess the only point now is that they come from different unit chains. Meaning that you now have 3 building chains that provide some form of cav/chariot, with the odd result that the boar building chain is probably off the worst. Which is ridiculous since Boarriders and chariots where some of the most devastating charge units of the entire Greenskin tabletop roster, but severely underperform in TWW.
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Registered Users Posts: 724

Whats the entire point of snotling wagons? i mean i thought that cheap fast infantry was the point of Wolf riders.

Also how are pump wagons different from a wolf/boar chariot? except they cant shoot arrows while they drive. The Pump wagons seem very powerful for their cost, which i dont really mind but i feel like it puts the rest of the orc boar/goblin wolf chariots to shame.

Sure orc boar cavalry is still cavalry, but at least the wolf riders dont seem to do more damage than wagons, they only really have speed as a thing.

While im happy about the pump wagons i feel like they cross a line of usage that the wolf riders and their chariot version should be filling instead.

Maybe thats just me.

Honestly I feel like 9/10ths of the greenskin roster are just trash for meming in multiplayer battles. Ok ok, that's a bit excessive... 7/10ths.
  • LayzanLayzan Registered Users Posts: 1,012
    I was personally really hoping for feral wyverns you could recruit like other monsters and as black orc hero.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,250

Maybe thats just me.

Wolf Riders are a lot faster and they have higher numbers, thus they benefit from buffs stronger. They are also Goblin units, benefiting from Goblin-Buffs. They are more the equivalent of Warhounds.

Boar Riders are slower and they are best vs enemy cav.

Wolf Chariots area skirmish chariots with a hybrid role for melee, but they are not a grinder-chariot and they are not easily non-armorpiercing killed by skirmishers. They can be used to hunt for example skirmish-cav, war machines and light skirmishers.
    Boar Chariots are supposed to be impact-chariots vs heavy armor units...but they are quite bad at it.
    Pump wagons are mostly just grinder Chariots, that are also SUPERWEAK against anything large and against any skirmish-fire.

They have different ups and downs. Pump Wagons are destroyed super easily, the others are tougher.

Watch a pump wagon struggle vs lets say ellyrian reaver archers. The Goblin Wolf Chariot and Goblin Wolf Riders on the other hand just laugh at them.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,757
    Wolf Riders can vanguard deploy and are much faster so they can harass archers & and artillery.

They can also chase down missile cavalry.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,613

Maybe thats just me.

Nope I 100% agree. This addition basically made a micro-free "for idiots" version that merged several units of the roster to make the race more approachable for filthy stinking casuals (lol) because previously GS actually needed some decent skills to play.