Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Beastlord Rakarth of Karond Kar may have a chance be the next DE legendary lord

cossacks368cossacks368 Registered Users Posts: 82
edited May 22 in General Discussion

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,864
    I don't know. Maybe as FLC.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,994
    Canuovea said:

I don't know. Maybe as FLC.

THis
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Registered Users Posts: 984
    I honestly thought people didn’t actually care about Rakarth and just wanted someone instead of Malus back in December when some were hyping Throt vs Rakarth. Seems I’m wrong

Anyway I don’t see them choosing a nobody over one of the three remaining Dark Elf 8th edition characters even if Rakarth could be more interesting (except for the dragon cause god last thing we need is another Dark Elf riding a dragon).
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 1,435
    The problem is that some of 'his' units are already in the DLC. Alongside with an RoR named after him.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 4,648
    SerPus said:

The problem is that some of 'his' units are already in the DLC. Alongside with an RoR named after him.

Yeah and it's kinda implied he's dead ingame.
    edited May 22
    neodeinos said:

kinda implied he's dead ingame.

Where?
  • subsphinxsubsphinx Registered Users Posts: 287
    Yeah, I don't think so.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 4,648
    SerPus said:

neodeinos said:

Where?
    There's an event ingame mentionning Rakarth IIRC.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Registered Users Posts: 984
    neodeinos said:

SerPus said:

neodeinos said:

Where?
    Isn’t that just about his dead horse that he names the Dragon after?
    neodeinos said:

And what does that event say?
  • YitterbumYitterbum Registered Users Posts: 236
    As a FLC sure, and he would give the DE a LL beastmaster.

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,936
    SerPus said:

neodeinos said:

And what does that event say?
    The event says that someone has found Rakarth's dead horse, gives a dark elf specific magic item iirc. His horse is dead canonically though, it's the one he named his dragon after, so it does not really mean anything for whether Rakarth himself is alive or not.

The event says that someone has found Rakarth's dead horse, gives a dark elf specific magic item iirc. His horse is dead canonically though, it's the one he named his dragon after, so it does not really mean anything for whether Rakarth himself is alive or not.

Yeah I know that one. It just makes we wonder if people actually read the whole thing or just skip everything but 'dead' and 'Rakarth'.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,581
    They gave Malus the unique beast summoning rite. All the remaining units that would have fitted Rakarth's theme, from Beastmasters to Scourgerunners to additional monsters, have already been implemented.

I think it's pretty clear CA has rejected Rakarth as not fitting their needs for a DLC or even an FLC lord. The question is why? If we can figure out why Rakarth was rejected then we might have a better idea of what kind of lord options CA might pursue instead.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,936
    SerPus said:

Yeah I know that one. It just makes we wonder if people actually read the whole thing or just skip everything but 'dead' and 'Rakarth'.
    I'm guessing that people not familiar with Rakarth might think that the horse is his "current" mount, and dead mount = dead character.

They gave Malus the unique beast summoning rite. All the remaining units that would have fitted Rakarth's theme, from Beastmasters to Scourgerunners to additional monsters, have already been implemented.

I think it's pretty clear CA has rejected Rakarth as not fitting their needs for a DLC or even an FLC lord. The question is why? If we can figure out why Rakarth was rejected then we might have a better idea of what kind of lord options CA might pursue instead.

I'm guessing Rakarth was rejected simply because they considered Malus a better option for the DLC lord. Then they added the remaining missing stuff along with Malus to make it a full DLC. Rakarth still has a chance if dark elves get another DLC though, all the remaining dark elf characters are fairly minor. Personally I would prefer Kouran or Tullaris, but neither are essential.

SerPus said:

I'm guessing that people not familiar with Rakarth might think that the horse is his "current" mount, and dead mount = dead character.

I'm guessing Rakarth was rejected simply because they considered Malus a better option for the DLC lord. Then they added the remaining missing stuff along with Malus to make it a full DLC. Rakarth still has a chance if dark elves get another DLC though, all the remaining dark elf characters are fairly minor. Personally I would prefer Kouran or Tullaris, but neither are essential.
    If they rejected him the first time and gave all his stuff to Malus I am seriously skeptical that they plan to bring him back later and give him some other stuff. I think you're also cont considering other reasons he might have been rejected.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 6,768
    edited May 22
    I think Rakarth still has a future chance.

SerPus said:

If they rejected him the first time and gave all his stuff to Malus I am seriously skeptical that they plan to bring him back later and give him some other stuff. I think you're also cont considering other reasons he might have been rejected.
    They gave it to Malus because that's all the remaining stuff the DE needed. It seems pretty clear the DE are done on the DLC side of things but that doesn't affect the FLC side. I do think, however, Tullaris is pretty much the premier choice now rather than Rakarth.

I could, however difficult, yet imagine a DLC scenario for Rakarth, but I think that DE don't need a hero level Beastmaster as well, so FLC it is.

But what I wanna know is what makes you think that him not being added as FLC until now means he won't be FLC later? Repanse was seemingly added because people wanted a Bretonnian crusader state. If game 3 won't have a DE DLC, as they're seemingly done with DLC for DE, then it makes sense to add them there as FLC. It might sooner be a matter of designs rather than hard passes that he wasn't FLC.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 92
    I would prefer shadowblade to represent the more devious, subtle and clandastine aspect of the druchis with a campagin about spreading terror and making targeted strikes.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 921
    edited May 22
    Well. Clar Karond still don't have own representation in the game. All others main Dark Elves cities have own legendary lord.
    Clar Karond is more focus to beast theme. So, It make more sense to add Rakarth to this faction.

I see two main potential playable factions for Dark Elves in the future:
    Clar Karond - Rakarth
    Scourge of Khaine - Tullaris Dreadbringer
    Post edited by Labria on
    Amazons should be pre-order race with jaguars and big apes, inclusive of warhammer version of King Kong. B)
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 658
    He'll probably be FLC at some point, given he already has RoR, and is mentioned in some event, but he probably won't be DLC. The DE roster is too complete at this point.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,392
    We do need a Clar Karond lord; none of the DE LLs deal with beasts.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 498
    I have a hunch that we are going to get a DE FLC.

Whether it will be Rakarth I don’t know. He could buff hydras/kharybdisses/dragons, this niche in DE roster is still unoccupied. But to be honest, I’m not a big fan of his art, he looks like a lame, edgier attempt at imitating an already ridiculously edgy Malekith. On the other hand, Tullaris is perhaps the only truly intimidating looking DE.
    edited May 22
    I suspect whatever FLC Dark Elf character we might get will play differently on the battlefield than most of the existing ones. Tullaris and Kouran could maybe fit that bill, being foot lords, but I think Shadowblade as a stealthy assassin is also plausible.

My dark horse pick has been, and remains, Anaethra Hellbane as a new caster option.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 921

I suspect whatever FLC Dark Elf character we might get will play differently on the battlefield than most of the existing ones. Tullaris and Kouran could maybe fit that bill, being foot lords, but I think Shadowblade as a stealthy assassin is also plausible.

My dark horse pick has been, and remains, Anaethra Hellbane as a new caster option.

What will be different between Anaethra Hellbane and Morathi in the game?
    Amazons should be pre-order race with jaguars and big apes, inclusive of warhammer version of King Kong. B)
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    edited May 23
    Labria said:

What will be different between Anaethra Hellbane and Morathi in the game?
    I mean, she's a dark horse pick for a reason. She's only a lore blurb attached to a few other lore blurbs about the rest of her family, so as with Nakai there's some wiggle room for exactly how she could be implemented.

Still, to start with I would say giving her the Lore of Beasts. Morathi's spell selection is largely offensive in nature, whereas the Lore of Beasts is a mix of offensive spells and buffs, making Hellbane a bit more of a support caster, though still packing some offensive abilities as is suitable for a Dark Elf. To add to that, maybe an ability to summon her loyal assassin Khelthrai, similar to Krell.

The Hellbanes also hail from Clar Karond, another city notable for its beast-tamers. So I could see some special abilities focused on that; maybe she gets a special version of the Transformation of Kadon that summons a Hydra instead of a Manticore.

As for the campaign, she's a bit like Wulfhart in that multiple Dark Elf mechanics could work for her. Clar Karond is also a chief shipyard, so maybe a mechanic about sending ships to explore the Black Way, gaining rewards or potential setbacks as the subterranean waterways are mapped. She's also a politician, so perhaps a mechanic based around the Obsidian Table, all about Dark Elf politicians jockeying for Malekith's favor and possibly even to usurp him.

Basically, the way I see it is she would map similarly to the High Elves. They have a pure Offense Caster (Teclis), a Defense/Support Caster (Alarielle), and a Hybrid Melee/Caster with a monstrous mount (Eltharion). With the addition of Hellbane, the Dark Elves would be the same: Offense Caster (Morathi), Defense/Support Caster (Hellbane), Hybrid Melee/Caster with a monstrous mount (Malekith).