Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Three Kingdoms released one year ago! What would you like to see in its second year?

2»

Comments

• kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 243
    LESAMA said:

It’s by far the best Total war although the replayability is lower vs Rome and warhammer. Perhaps even lower than shogun. Not sure why though

Not for me i'm afraid... I couldn't even get started with Rome 2. While fantasy Warhammer is not for me... 3K has way more character for me
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    kaihoo said:

LESAMA said:

It’s by far the best Total war although the replayability is lower vs Rome and warhammer. Perhaps even lower than shogun. Not sure why though

Not for me i'm afraid... I couldn't even get started with Rome 2. While fantasy Warhammer is not for me... 3K has way more character for me
    Your right, it’s a personal opinion. As I mentioned not sure why previous titles kept my attention longer. Still playing 3k though although time spend has gone down significantly these past few weeks. Might be the wetter 😉
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 29
    Wang Lang as playable faction focusing mainly on diplomacy reducing penalties and increasing gains to disposition and possibly being able to force peace and give a bonus to disposition (based on how he talked his way out of death with a humble speech to sun ce who was then all over him to join) . Besides we dunno how things like three kingdoms scenarios are going to play out like . He could easily become a playable vassal or Allie to wei later in the scenario
  • serumphserumph Registered Users Posts: 2
    I love this game and it's very challenging, but it's been very buggy and the rules of how things actually work in the campaign, especially army movement and initiation of combat, are very vague. So I would like to see a real manual. I would like all of the information on how armies move and engage on the map to actually be visible. Right now there are parts of the terrain where it isn't clear if I can force an army to battle me or not.

The backspace gimmick is fine for children, but it's gotta go. This game is too good to have such fudges built into it.

The alliance vassal mechanics are weird, too. I don't mean buggy. For example, why can a vassal simply declare independence with no benefit to me or harm to him? Nobody is that stupid. I want hostages to kill, at the least. My erstwhile vassal has to suffer some penalty for breaking away. Right now the game vastly encourages totally destroying an enemy faction.

Wang Lang as playable faction focusing mainly on diplomacy reducing penalties and increasing gains to disposition and possibly being able to force peace and give a bonus to disposition (based on how he talked his way out of death with a humble speech to sun ce who was then all over him to join) . Besides we dunno how things like three kingdoms scenarios are going to play out like . He could easily become a playable vassal or Allie to wei later in the scenario

Yes why not? There's plenty of historical records of Wang Lang.. definitely enough information on his character and his way of governance as a scholar as well as an administrator to create a faction with a unique play style around him. Recognizing his limitations and political disadvantages of the time, his faction difficulty could be set at Very very hard.
    serumph said:

I love this game and it's very challenging, but it's been very buggy and the rules of how things actually work in the campaign, especially army movement and initiation of combat, are very vague. So I would like to see a real manual. I would like all of the information on how armies move and engage on the map to actually be visible. Right now there are parts of the terrain where it isn't clear if I can force an army to battle me or not.

The backspace gimmick is fine for children, but it's gotta go. This game is too good to have such fudges built into it.

The alliance vassal mechanics are weird, too. I don't mean buggy. For example, why can a vassal simply declare independence with no benefit to me or harm to him? Nobody is that stupid. I want hostages to kill, at the least. My erstwhile vassal has to suffer some penalty for breaking away. Right now the game vastly encourages totally destroying an enemy faction.

Allow the imprisonment of generals after their defeat in battle to be used as bargaining chips in the future would be awesome.
  • TheBigBadShadeyJTheBigBadShadeyJ Registered Users Posts: 4
    I might be in the minority on this, but I would love to see them revisit the Eight Princes. This DLC has its own unique mechanics, and I think it's a real shame that those mechanics tend to be overshadowed by the lack of variety of generals present. The only portraits we have that are unique are for the eight princes themselves- not even their starting generals, unique to each faction, have unique portraits!

Maybe it'd be too costly to hire artists to properly remedy the issue for Eight Princes (especially given its current lack of popularity), but at the very least I would like to see way more variety in generic generals such as new faces and armors- something that I think would tremendously help immersion across all campaigns.

I might be in the minority on this, but I would love to see them revisit the Eight Princes. This DLC has its own unique mechanics, and I think it's a real shame that those mechanics tend to be overshadowed by the lack of variety of generals present. The only portraits we have that are unique are for the eight princes themselves- not even their starting generals, unique to each faction, have unique portraits!

Maybe it'd be too costly to hire artists to properly remedy the issue for Eight Princes (especially given its current lack of popularity), but at the very least I would like to see way more variety in generic generals such as new faces and armors- something that I think would tremendously help immersion across all campaigns.

I like to point out the character portrait designs and 3D models of the characters in the Eight Princes DLC are especially well done... It would be great if they could hire more talented illustrators, artists and 3D modellers to work on fleshing out and creating more characters...
  • TheBigBadShadeyJTheBigBadShadeyJ Registered Users Posts: 4
    kaihoo said:

I like to point out the character portrait designs and 3D models of the characters in the Eight Princes DLC are especially well done... It would be great if they could hire more talented illustrators, artists and 3D modellers to work on fleshing out and creating more characters...
    Amen! The portraits that are in Eight Princes are among my favorite!