Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Units running very slowly during sieges.

KrunchKrunch Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 4,306
There seems to be some sort of bug in the beta that causes your units to move EXTREMELY slowly, even while supposedly running, during sieges. I have only noticed this during offensive sieges(because I haven't fought any defensive sieges yet) but it is very annoying as it takes forever for your troops to move. It only happens once I have units past the walls, but it does affect the whole battlefield after my untis are passed the walls. It is VERY annoying and needs to be fixed. And I have checked, they aren't walking or anything, the game says they are running. Even Lu Bu on Red Hare is going at a snails pace when the bug happens, it is causing me to lose hundreds of men to arrowfire from towers and units.

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,233
    It's not a recent bug, I've been personnally unable to reproduce it consistently however... :(
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090 (NEW : Alternatively use the 1.6.1 BETA patch)
  • MrTyrannicalDictatorMrTyrannicalDictator Registered Users Posts: 12
    Is your settings on low or max? It does depend but it should run fine if you have an acceptable CPU and GPU such as an Intel i5-9400F or a GTX 1650 4GB, etc. Even so it may be your processor or your graphics card.
  • BAB1918BAB1918 Registered Users Posts: 237

Is your settings on low or max? It does depend but it should run fine if you have an acceptable CPU and GPU such as an Intel i5-9400F or a GTX 1650 4GB, etc. Even so it may be your processor or your graphics card.

Why would you reference that setup as acceptable? If you want to play consistently above 30 FPS, you need to do have a bit more in the case than that.
    It has nothing to do with FPS and settings, it's about unit movement speed. Action is fluid, model just move at a snail pace.
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090 (NEW : Alternatively use the 1.6.1 BETA patch)
  • BAB1918BAB1918 Registered Users Posts: 237
    Rewan said:

It has nothing to do with FPS and settings, it's about unit movement speed. Action is fluid, model just move at a snail pace.

Honestly, it's not completely farfetched that troops are unable to run as quickly through the city streets as they are an open battlefield.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    edited May 26

Ha, I realize that I was a bit unclear. When I say "Running", I don't mean the game is running slowly. My game runs perfectly. The units are literally running VERY slowly, as in that thing that you do with your legs. Here are my specs just to prove that it isn't a processor issue and that it is some sort of bug in the game, it isn't at all related to performance.

Ryzen 7 2700x
    16 GB of Ram
    RTX 2070

As you can see, my machine has no problem running 3K.
    edited May 26
    Honestly, it's not completely farfetched that troops are unable to run as quickly through the city streets as they are an open battlefield.

We're talking litterally snail pace and AFAIK it doesn't happen everytime you play a siege.

Actually one map I saw it happen is on the city Sun Jian starts next to in the RotW start.
  • OldManBoomOldManBoom Registered Users Posts: 14
    I have this same issue now. Everything else about the game is normal, no mods, units "run" at walking speed and "walk" in a weird juddery 1/2 walking speed. Not in a siege either, just a normal battle.

Anyone get any solutions?
    Best thing I could do as of now is this : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090

Unfortunately since CA removed access to the older versions I don't have access to the pre Caltrops tables so I can't revert to what was the original value (I suppose it was 0.9 for all units but whatever, it's regular speed for now)