Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

You better not make Warhammer 3 an Epic exclusive

1235»

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,759
    Nyxilis said:

If Epic offers CA a bag of cash why not? Good for them, good for the game, good for the fans.

Sometimes I have to wonder.

How is being forced to go to a platform not of my choosing good for me? That is just plain stupid.
    More money for developers means more games and bigger budgets.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332

Nyxilis said:

If Epic offers CA a bag of cash why not? Good for them, good for the game, good for the fans.

How is being forced to go to a platform not of my choosing good for me? That is just plain stupid.
    Yeah, and screw the players because they'll buy the game anyway, is that it?.

Are you really okay with CA selling their playerbase to Epic?
    Fossoway said:

Nyxilis said:

Yeah, and screw the players because they'll buy the game anyway, is that it?.

Are you really okay with CA selling their playerbase to Epic?
    More money for developers and bigger budgets mean better games.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Commisar#2307Commisar#2307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,178

It really doesn't.
  • DarklawthDarklawth Registered Users Posts: 13
    Why not put the game on both storefronts at the same time? Because Epic don't play that game, that's why. Exclusivity or nothing, and they got the fortnite bucks to make it happen. That is why I think TWW3 is in jeopardy.
    Commisar said:

It really doesn't.
    How so?

If game development is more profitable it means more games are produced, just by sheer weight of numbers that means more good games will be produced.
  • gekj#8548gekj#8548 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411

Commisar said:

It really doesn't.
    How so?

If game development is more profitable it means more games are produced, just by sheer weight of numbers that means more good games will be produced.
    Yes in the smurfs world maybe
    gekj said:

Commisar said:

It really doesn't.
    How so?

Yes in the smurfs world maybe
    Hmm?
  • RezbotRezbot Registered Users Posts: 3
    Can you not do these Epic Exclusive deals please?
    It's honestly infuriating watching games go to Epic Exclusives, just because they throw enough money at them. Then the Dev's post some long announcement about how 'it's better for everyone really' (see Phoenix Point when they announced their Epic Exclusive deal, it's very similar) At least just be honest and say they cut you huge check, and you went for the easy money. Please don't fluff it up with how it's 'better,' because it isn't. =/

Let us, the community who have been with you from the beginning chose our platform for our favorite games. A lot of us will now wait an entire year longer because of this. There are so many issues with the Epic launcher STILL, and instead of fixing it and making it more tolerable, they continue buying out exclusive deals and forcing people onto their platform.

Even with a free offer of Troy, I will never hop onto the Epic launcher. This will only reinforce and perpetuate their behavior with exclusive deals/games.

This is hot garbage, and you at CA know it is.

"Rikis said:
    Guess I'll get it on 13 august 2021 on steam at half off, if its still on my mind by then. They either got one big paycheck from Epic or they arent confident in Troy at all."

And they are right on one or both points. Either you took a huge paycheck, and/or you don't have enough faith in Troy to offer a fair landscape for platforms and gamers to choose.

I don't know if i'll be back in a year for Troy.
    I would have bought it on Aug 13th if it were offered for steam/GOG/etc. Even with a free version available on Epic.

(and yes, I understand the viewpoint some people have of "I don't care what platform it's on, or how many different logins or friends lists I have to manage, I just want to play" and more power to you if you don't mind Epic/other platforms.)

But it's the choice that matters. Keeping the choice in the hands of the gamers/consumers/community is why we resist exclusive deals.