Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CHY-NA

IceDIceD MemberRegistered Users Posts: 367
Keep your greedy hands filled with chinese $$$ out of my warhammer game, CA.

Bow to communists all you want but dont make us do it. #ShamefullDisplay
Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS

Comments

• KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 474
    ....If you pass go, do not collect 200.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,255
    What are you talking about, dude?

Cathay? A twitter statement?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,910
    I'm the only one who finds the china bashing increasingly creepy?
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

CA made a deal to make TW Troy a one year exclusive for the Epic store.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,286

TROY will be an epic exclusive for a year which has made some fear that future games will do the same.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2
    SiWI said:

Well, EGS contains Spyware and is part owned by Tencent, a shady company.
  • Nico_NINico_NI Registered Users Posts: 207
    CA explicitly said that no other games will be Epic exclusive, so don't worry mate.
    Amonkhet said:

SiWI said:

Well, EGS contains Spyware and is part owned by Tencent, a shady company.
    that is true for many other companies, chinese or not.

I don't remember ubisoft being attack with
    "Keep your greedy hands filled with france $$$ out of my YX"
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,275
    Tencent owns 40% of Epic games, which has led to accusations it is spyware, usually without merit. They do, however, have a history of censoring free speech and criticism of the CCP which frankly CA should steer well clear of. It's capitalism and everyone will wring their hands and turn a blind eye, as usual.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,548
    SiWI said:

Probably.

All things considered it's pretty mild, and people are making the distinction between the regime and the race. I'd actually like the criticism to become considerably sterner.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    Nico_NI said:

CA explicitly said that no other games will be Epic exclusive, so don't worry mate.

For the moment, however that policy can change any time their overlords tell them to bow down for scraps.
    Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

All things considered it's pretty mild, and people are making the distinction between the regime and the race. I'd actually like the criticism to become considerably sterner.
    really? do we need another "yellow scare"?
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 352

Tencent owns 40% of Epic games, which has led to accusations it is spyware, usually without merit. They do, however, have a history of censoring free speech and criticism of the CCP which frankly CA should steer well clear of. It's capitalism and everyone will wring their hands and turn a blind eye, as usual.

Spyware and censoring of free speech has nothing to do with capitalism.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer 2
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones of Britannia
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Warhammer 1

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

"Yellow Peril"

And that was a series of racist tropes based on fear of population replacement, not a quite reasonable concern over a pretty God-awful regime.
    SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Putting a million people in Concentration Camps due to their ethnicity could quite reasonably be considered to be justification for a 'scare'. Frankly, it's horrifying.
  • yx3768031yx3768031 Registered Users Posts: 162
    I'm from China. You may attack me now.

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Putting a million people in Concentration Camps due to their ethnicity could quite reasonably be considered to be justification for a 'scare'. Frankly, it's horrifying.
    and you really care about those people right and not pick and chose where to get outrage at, do you.
    Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

"Yellow Peril"

And that was a series of racist tropes based on fear of population replacement, not a quite reasonable concern over a pretty God-awful regime.
    I don't think equalizing Epic store with the Chinese regime is "reasonable".
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,844
    SiWI said:

Source?
    ArneSo said:

SiWI said:

Source?
    look at the thread here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/266551/you-better-not-make-warhammer-3-an-epic-exclusive/p1
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

and you really care about those people right and not pick and chose where to get outrage at, do you.
    Yes silly me for caring about one million people forced into Concentration Camps for 'reeducation'. By all means though make some suppositions about my political beliefs and how much I espouse them.

Sorry you're such a CCP fan and have decided to get outraged at people criticizing it's actions, but hey, this isn't a Tencent platform were it'd be censored in minutes. Yet.
  • IceDIceD Member Registered Users Posts: 367
    edited June 2

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Yes silly me for caring about one million people forced into Concentration Camps for 'reeducation'. By all means though make some suppositions about my political beliefs and how much I espouse them.

Sorry you're such a CCP fan and have decided to get outraged at people criticizing it's actions, but hey, this isn't a Tencent platform were it'd be censored in minutes. Yet.
    Gonna get closed tough, cuz reasons. I dispise the ccp, and the west is closing its eyes towards it, first blizzard now CA beginning to cave. I hate it wont be long before stuff gets censored to appease the chinese market. CA knew the **** they were gonna get as they already adress it in the post.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

I didn't defend anything, I just question the "children in africa" "argument" whenever I see it.

And not I'm not a CCP "fan", I just don't assume that every Chinese company is a CCP plot to control the world, silly me.
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

I didn't defend anything, I just question the "children in africa" "argument" whenever I see it.

And not I'm not a CCP "fan", I just don't assume that every Chinese company is a CCP plot to control the world, silly me.
    Tough every chinese company is controlled by the CCP, wow. How come people think like that. Silly me

TEAM - CHAOS
    SiWI said:

You didn't say that though, you said you found "bashing" of China "creepy", a suitably vague and largely inference based term used to imply unsavoury motives in modern parlance.

Certainly China has up until recently faced far less public criticism than Russia, when objectively despite it's many problems Russia is freer and the behaviour of it's state less reprehensible. Russia is however comparatively poor and not so important to global economics, therefore public figures feel far freer to criticise.
  • RualkaarRualkaar Registered Users Posts: 19
    Wow that's some amusing sinophobic cringe we got here)))
    Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

You didn't say that though, you said you found "bashing" of China "creepy", a suitably vague and largely inference based term used to imply unsavoury motives in modern parlance.

Certainly China has up until recently faced far less public criticism than Russia, when objectively despite it's many problems Russia is freer and the behaviour of it's state less reprehensible. Russia is however comparatively poor and not so important to global economics, therefore public figures feel far freer to criticise.
    yeah and you know why?
    Because people screaming "**** china" every time any Chinese Business makes a deal, doesn't sound to far of for me to "Kauf nicht bei Juden".
    IceD said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Tough every chinese company is controlled by the CCP, wow. How come people think like that. Silly me
    the same every US tech company is "controlled" by the US gouverment?
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2
    Tencent is partially funded by the CCP. Tencent partially owns EGS.
    SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

yeah and you know why?
    Because people screaming "**** china" every time any Chinese Business makes a deal, doesn't sound to far of for me to "Kauf nicht bei Juden".
    Aren't they doing that to Muslims anyway?
    Rualkaar said:

Wow that's some amusing sinophobic cringe we got here)))

No, not chinese people. The CCP and its totalitairian regime, the west is taking in the backside and company’s are lining up to take it cuz $$$$ and im sick of it. Capitalisme does not beat morality.

TEAM - CHAOS
This discussion has been closed.