Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CHY-NA

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,542
    SiWI said:

yeah and you know why?
    Because people screaming "**** china" every time any Chinese Business makes a deal, doesn't sound to far of for me to "Kauf nicht bei Juden".

I think that might be your own personal, or indeed national neuroses in action more than anything actually happening in reality.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899
    Amonkhet said:

Tencent is partially funded by the CCP. Tencent partially owns EGS.

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

I don't think equalizing Epic store with the Chinese regime is "reasonable".

You didn't say that though, you said you found "bashing" of China "creepy", a suitably vague and largely inference based term used to imply unsavoury motives in modern parlance.

Certainly China has up until recently faced far less public criticism than Russia, when objectively despite it's many problems Russia is freer and the behaviour of it's state less reprehensible. Russia is however comparatively poor and not so important to global economics, therefore public figures feel far freer to criticise.
    yeah and you know why?
    Because people screaming "**** china" every time any Chinese Business makes a deal, doesn't sound to far of for me to "Kauf nicht bei Juden".
    Aren't they doing that to Muslims anyway?
    and replying in kind (or laying the groundwork for it) makes it better?
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,489
    SiWI said:

ArneSo said:

SiWI said:

What are you talking about, dude?

Cathay? A twitter statement?

CA made a deal to make TW Troy a one year exclusive for the Epic store.
    Source?
    look at the thread here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/266551/you-better-not-make-warhammer-3-an-epic-exclusive/p1
    Yeah just missed that, my bad 😂🙈
    edited June 2
    IceD said:

Rualkaar said:

Wow that's some amusing sinophobic cringe we got here)))

No, not chinese people. The CCP and its totalitairian regime, the west is taking in the backside and company’s are lining up to take it cuz $$$$ and im sick of it. Capitalisme does not beat morality.
    Somehow I doubt that follow that last line through too much.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,228
    edited June 2
    SiWI said:

I'm the only one who finds the china bashing increasingly creepy?

Yes and no.

Look a bit into China.... Tibet, Hong Kong, Taiwan... same as what they are currently doing globaly with debts and other factors on top of the Corona-Situation, organ-harvesting camps, essentially concentration camps for ANY practicing muslims, forced abortions (in regards to their 1-child-policy) and the overall attempt to censor the world by using their market power.

I think the suspicion in regards to Chinese companies is somewhat justified, given what tactics the chinese government is indeed using...... but with Tencent ONLY owning 40%.... its questionable as to how much influence they can possibly have.
    SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

All things considered it's pretty mild, and people are making the distinction between the regime and the race. I'd actually like the criticism to become considerably sterner.
    really? do we need another "yellow scare"?
    Being legitimately concerned about the action of a government is not the same as being racist.

Example:
    Blaming the Corona pandemic on chinese people or asians in general, is horseshit, but blaming it on the CCP is absolutely justified. If they had reacted the same way as the indian government in 2018, when they had a virus outbreak (which they stopped VERY quickly), none of this would have happened, instead they made sure to lie to the public in order to stock supplies and add clauses into international contracts, that would benefit them in a case of an "act of god", which includes pandemics.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    IceD said:

Rualkaar said:

Wow that's some amusing sinophobic cringe we got here)))

No, not chinese people. The CCP and its totalitairian regime, the west is taking in the backside and company’s are lining up to take it cuz $$$$ and im sick of it. Capitalisme does not beat morality.
    Unfortunately, capitalism winning over morality is pretty much the central theme of modern history. 😕
    ò_ó
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    Don't forget lies over Covid-19.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

You didn't say that though, you said you found "bashing" of China "creepy", a suitably vague and largely inference based term used to imply unsavoury motives in modern parlance.

Certainly China has up until recently faced far less public criticism than Russia, when objectively despite it's many problems Russia is freer and the behaviour of it's state less reprehensible. Russia is however comparatively poor and not so important to global economics, therefore public figures feel far freer to criticise.
    yeah and you know why?
    There is a difference between ''China'' and ''CCP'' just like there is a difference between the Empire having the regular folks and the inquisitors that tend to purge everyone seen as a heretic. The difference is that the Empire has monsters while the real world has humans that act like monsters, aka the CCP. Tencent is partially owned by the CCP and it now has a deal with CA. That means that they could also to some degree force TW3 to be epic exclusive so they can get the data of all the people playing TW and sell it.

Some of us do not trust those companies controlled by the CCP. You may, but that's on you.
  • ujopujop Registered Users Posts: 99
    Nice that we discuss the Total War Warhammer games here and not politics.

That would be against forum rules wouldn't it?

SiWI said:

Yes and no.

Look a bit into China.... Tibet, Hong Kong, Taiwan... same as what they are currently doing globaly with debts and other factors on top of the Corona-Situation, organ-harvesting camps, essentially concentration camps for ANY practicing muslims, forced abortions (in regards to their 1-child-policy) and the overall attempt to censor the world by using their market power.

I think the suspicion in regards to Chinese companies is somewhat justified, given what tactics the chinese government is indeed using...... but with Tencent ONLY owning 40%.... its questionable as to how much influence they can possibly have.
    SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

All things considered it's pretty mild, and people are making the distinction between the regime and the race. I'd actually like the criticism to become considerably sterner.
    Being legitimately concerned about the action of a government is not the same as being racist.

Example:
    Blaming the Corona pandemic on chinese people or asians in general, is horseshit, but blaming it on the CCP is absolutely justified. If they had reacted the same way as the indian government in 2018, when they had a virus outbreak (which they stopped VERY quickly), none of this would have happened, instead they made sure to lie to the public in order to stock supplies and add clauses into international contracts, that would benefit them in a case of an "act of god", which includes pandemics.
    fair enough, but I'm skeptical that justified criticism on the CCP contains itself to that.

Corona is a good example.
    Blaming the CCP for lying and mismanagement is one thing, to clame it is a biological weapons another.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,259
    SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

yeah and you know why?
    Funny you should mention that as it's no different to criticizing Israel and having the usual tools pipe up about how you shouldn't make anti-semitic remarks, as though the two were interchangeable. The Chinese business such as tencent allows full government access to it's social media and tows whatever line and whatever message the CCP wants it to.
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 284
    China has no civil liberties, prosecutes ppl attempting to flee the country, puts minorities in concentration camps, and has a dictator for life in power sure looks familiar.

Question is why does anyone still do business with them?
    ujop said:

Nice that we discuss the Total War Warhammer games here and not politics.

That would be against forum rules wouldn't it?

Kinda like CA breaking Steam ToS.
  • Lord of CinderLord of Cinder Registered Users Posts: 362
    Genuinely curious how this thread managed to survive even a few minutes without being locked by a moderator.

• RualkaarRualkaar Registered Users Posts: 19

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Putting a million people in Concentration Camps due to their ethnicity could quite reasonably be considered to be justification for a 'scare'. Frankly, it's horrifying.
    US- Mexico border concentration camps where parents are separated from their children and people are held in terrible conditions are worse though.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,027

Tencent owns 40% of Epic games, which has led to accusations it is spyware, usually without merit. They do, however, have a history of censoring free speech and criticism of the CCP which frankly CA should steer well clear of. It's capitalism and everyone will wring their hands and turn a blind eye, as usual.

Spyware and censoring of free speech has nothing to do with capitalism.
    Companies doing unethical things and dealing with unethical regimes to earn money has everything to do with capitalism.
  • Tzeentch711Tzeentch711 Registered Users Posts: 27

Genuinely curious how this thread managed to survive even a few minutes without being locked by a moderator.

Its a test to see how active they are.
    Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Putting a million people in Concentration Camps due to their ethnicity could quite reasonably be considered to be justification for a 'scare'. Frankly, it's horrifying.
    US- Mexico border concentration camps where parents are separated from their children and people are held in terrible conditions are worse though.
    They aren't organ harvesting though.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,588

China has no civil liberties, prosecutes ppl attempting to flee the country, puts minorities in concentration camps, and has a dictator for life in power sure looks familiar.

Question is why does anyone still do business with them?

Same reason why crooks deal drugs and cons. Money over morals. I'm 100% pro-free market, but without ethics, stuff gets really seedy, real quick.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.

It'll be the same with every Epic Games theft announcement. They know people will be **** and will let them vent for a day.
  • GobsmakaGobsmaka Registered Users Posts: 277

Keeps it contained rather than spawning 20 other threads, including a few that will claim closing it is a sign of Chinese interference in free speech, Which is **** but it will happen. once the thread slows down it will be killed.
    Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

They ARE split from their families and put into state-run orphanages. How is that worse?
  • WeisskreuzWeisskreuz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 731
    edited June 2
    Well it was admitted by the CEO that the Epic Game Launcher searches your drive for 'steam data'. Meaning this software is fully capable of collecting all kinds of informations from your drive and sending it god knows to whom and that is something i'm not comfortabel with.

In regards to the chinese regime: Epic Store -> Tencent (shareholder 48%) -> Tencent controls basically all social media in a country with censorship-> chinese regime. It is not that far fetched if you ask me.

You can't control a countries entire social network without beeing heavily involved with the regime if there is censorship.

However this has nothing to do with bashing china, it is simply well deserved cautioness in regards to a dictatorial regime.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,637

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

They ARE split from their families and put into state-run orphanages. How is that worse?
    It's voluntary to illegally cross a border knowing the possible consequences.

Hardly equatable to being ripped from your home and put into a camp by your own sovereign nation, of which you are a citizen, reeducated, and your wife being married off to someone of the ethnic majority to remove your bloodline and culture.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • ZelnikZelnik Registered Users Posts: 450
    Its only creepy if you support the CCP

I don't want chinese influence or chinese propaganda in these games

Three kingdoms was enough CCP fanwankery.

Maybe moderator did not lock it yet for the sake of lulz?XD I am having a lot of fun reading all this **** here)

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

It's voluntary to illegally cross a border knowing the possible consequences.

Hardly equatable to being ripped from your home and put into a camp by your own sovereign nation, of which you are a citizen, reeducated, and your wife being married off to someone of the ethnic majority to remove your bloodline and culture.
    I was refering to the Uighurs.

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Ah so spliting children from their parents and putting them in state-run orphanages is okay now? Got it. So when papa state does smtg horrible in the US it is okay cause "US democracy muh" But when China does their own stuff it is "TotTaliTAriAn REgimE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
  • ZelnikZelnik Registered Users Posts: 450
    Tencent is an extension of the CCP designed to invest in foreign cultural products and technologies so those products can be stolen and duplicated in China. They also generate a ton of cash for the CCP through their investments.

The best thing you can do is NOT give them money, and shame companies that do business with them.

IF a company takes their money, they are party to the atrocities Chyna is performing RIGHT NOW, not something that happened two hundred years ago.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,588
    Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Illegal immigrants that get caught crossing the Mexican US border are separated from their children upon detaining so the local authorities can contact the Mexican authorities and make sure that their kids actually are their kids. The southern border is the single biggest highway for child/human trafficking in both countries. It's done to save children and women from sexual slavery and it WORKS. Actual families are reunited quickly when they find out they're legit.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
This discussion has been closed.