Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'm not buying any further WH2 DLC until WH3 is on Steam (or at least, 100% confirmed to be)

KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,629
Because I will not buy WH1 and WH2 and all its DLCs again on Epic if WH3 becomes an Epic exclusive. If that ends up happening, I will cease buying any and all CA and TW games where I stand when discovering that news.

Sorry, but this is just the way that I feel about the situation. CA can tell me all they want "We don't plan to", but as we all know, plans change on a dime where business and money is concerned. Everything has a price. Even Loyalty.

Comments

• BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 597
    So you'll miss the last one but got the first what, 20. Bit late to "vote with the vallet" :)
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,540
    Wh3 will 100% on Steam, CA is not gonna take the Headache of carrying all yours(ours) DLC purchases and both games over to Epic.
    They could make a hybrid platform, Epic Steam
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 2,169
    If they did (and that’s a big if), I would not buy anything else either.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,006
    At least if they do release it a year early on Epic, by the time it comes out on Steam you'll have a good idea of how well Game 3 will be supported.

Don't think any of us want to wait three years before full rosters all over again.

But I think you're worrying unduly.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • BungyFlungyBungyFlungy Registered Users Posts: 109
    It would be suicide to release Warhammer 3 on Epic but we need to put pressure on CA
    I really dont think pressure is nessesary dude :D
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,099
    I don't think CA would do that. The backlash would be intense on these forums and on the sub-reddit (which is what they read more).
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    Sorry, this is gonna sound super uniformed.

What is epic games? Why do people hate it so much?
    Theo91 said:

It’d be best if you just copy and paste that into the YouTube search bar.
  • Ness098Ness098 Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited June 2
    I don't get... CA broke the game with bugs in the last patch and everyone is like: omg I wonder what the next DLC will be about but when they do some business deal with doesn't affect the game at all everyone is going mad. Its none of your busines where they will release the game
    Ness098 said:

I don't get... CA broke the game with bugs in the last patch and everyone is like: omg I wonder what the next DLC will be about but when they do some business deal with doesn't affect the game at all everyone is going mad. Its none of your busines where they will release the game

It technically is our business since we’re the consumers. They have the right to do what they want with their product, just like we have the right to bash the **** out of their decision.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,130
    Theo91 said:

its an alternative to steam as game distribution platform.

It famously throws money around to make exclusive deals, like this one with troy but also for example Borderlands 3, which has drawn criticism, especially in cases where kickstarter projects were bought off to be at least a year exclusive.

It is also criticize for the fact that the store is underdeveloped feature wise (it didn't have a shopping cart (perhaps still not)... yeah really)

Also the fact that chinese companies hold around 40% of the stocks is viewed with sceptics.

I think I put most of it in natural terms as possible.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,006
    Theo91 said:

In order of asking..

It's a competitor to Steam, a games platform.

And..

A) not very good to use. Looks half finished.
    B) one of it's biggest investors is a Chinese company, and people have security concerns, and moral objections to supporting Chinese beholden anything due to recent events/past actions.
    C) it's become an influential platform by throwing massive amounts of money at developers to make games exclusive, not by offering anything new or better than Steam.

There's also sort of a D) which involves certain Kickstarter projects pocketing cash from fans then signing exclusivity deals and sticking two fingers up at the Kickstarter patrons who were promised Steam keys, but I'd say that's more a case where anger should be directed at the developers.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • innerpinnerp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 836
    it would be review bomb time if they did that
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,540
    It's impossible for WH3 to appear on Epic.. combining 3 games on 2 different platforms? No.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,629
    Epic could offer CA a lump sum of cash up front (its what they do) to move WH1 and WH2 and all of their DLCs to Epic. Or maybe even bake all of the DLCs from WH1 and 2 into both games to make it less of a bulky move. If we see WH1 and 2 get moved to Epic in the coming months, then it maybe worry time that WH3 is going Epic exclusive for a year.

• Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    I do not believe they will port everything over to Epic Games Store and I doubt CA would do something like that, but why is there no statement from them? Wouldn't it be better for them to comment on this clearly before the community goes crazy about some unconfirmed information?
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,244
    there should be massive amount of review bombs and spread awareness of **** situation until CA know they shouldn't do this.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 779
    Kelefane said:

Because I will not buy WH1 and WH2 and all its DLCs again on Epic if WH3 becomes an Epic exclusive. If that ends up happening, I will cease buying any and all CA and TW games where I stand when discovering that news.

Sorry, but this is just the way that I feel about the situation. CA can tell me all they want "We don't plan to", but as we all know, plans change on a dime where business and money is concerned. Everything has a price. Even Loyalty.

Dude just read the actual article rather than trying to prove a point, they literally say they wont be doing exclusivity with their other titles.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    Arsenic said:

Theo91 said:

In order of asking..

It's a competitor to Steam, a games platform.

And..

A) not very good to use. Looks half finished.
    B) one of it's biggest investors is a Chinese company, and people have security concerns, and moral objections to supporting Chinese beholden anything due to recent events/past actions.
    C) it's become an influential platform by throwing massive amounts of money at developers to make games exclusive, not by offering anything new or better than Steam.

There's also sort of a D) which involves certain Kickstarter projects pocketing cash from fans then signing exclusivity deals and sticking two fingers up at the Kickstarter patrons who were promised Steam keys, but I'd say that's more a case where anger should be directed at the developers.
    Did some research and it seems like this is the consensus online
  • RiskafishRiskafish Registered Users Posts: 684
    Is there a reason they can't release it on both? I definitely like Steam but it does charge developers like 30% the value of the transaction and that quite often is a cost carried on to the paying customer.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,550
    Barrel02 said:

I do not believe they will port everything over to Epic Games Store and I doubt CA would do something like that, but why is there no statement from them? Wouldn't it be better for them to comment on this clearly before the community goes crazy about some unconfirmed information?

They already did. They said this is only for Troy and that in the future they want to release on Steam and Epic.

The problem is, we don't believe them. If they did it once, they can do it again, and things can change in a few months or a few years. They wouldn't be the first developers to go back on their words for money. So until they 100% confirm that WH3 will release on Steam, keep your butt clenched.
    Riskafish said:

Is there a reason they can't release it on both? I definitely like Steam but it does charge developers like 30% the value of the transaction and that quite often is a cost carried on to the paying customer.

Money. Epic payed CA to release only on their platform.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,592
    edited June 2

Wh3 will 100% on Steam, CA is not gonna take the Headache of carrying all yours(ours) DLC purchases and both games over to Epic.

It could still end up as an EGSclusive for one year, until we filthy casuals can buy it full price on Steam ;)
    And I would be majorly **** off by such an decision, if they would do it one year from now.

CURRENTLY the stance from CA seems to be

but things can change in one year. Especially if Sega/CA sees a steady income without repurcussion from Epic who not only pays for exclusive but basically will pay every free Troy game released in the first 24h.

------Red Dox
    Fossoway said:

Barrel02 said:

They already did. They said this is only for Troy and that in the future they want to release on Steam and Epic.

The problem is, we don't believe them. If they did it once, they can do it again, and things can change in a few months or a few years. They wouldn't be the first developers to go back on their words for money. So until they 100% confirm that WH3 will release on Steam, keep your butt clenched.
    Always guilty before proven innocent!! Yeah, thats the rigth way to tackle life. I migth add 100%, is not enough. We need to have played it, until we complain about it. Then the game has been released, but should never have of course
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,901
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Dude just read the actual article rather than trying to prove a point, they literally say they wont be doing exclusivity with their other titles.
    They said "currently".

Which FYI is the exact same word they used to describe crossgame lord packs, which we got 6 months later.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 779
    Fossoway said:

Barrel02 said:

I mean if you dont believe them now why would you believe them if they did confirm WH3 for steam, maybe theyd just be lying about that too? Throwing a fit on the forums isn't going to achieve anything, when the time comes just make sure you vote with your wallet.

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,629
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.

BrynjarK said:

Fossoway said:

Barrel02 said:

Always guilty before proven innocent!! Yeah, thats the rigth way to tackle life. I migth add 100%, is not enough. We need to have played it, until we complain about it. Then the game has been released, but should never have of course
    In this line of business? Absolutely. CA would not be the first developers to go back on their words. All that matters is if Epic can match the $ lost if their future games are Epic exclusive. Between staying true to their words and a boatload of cash, what do you think they will chose?