Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'm not buying any further WH2 DLC until WH3 is on Steam (or at least, 100% confirmed to be)

Comments

• Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 781
    Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Because I will not buy WH1 and WH2 and all its DLCs again on Epic if WH3 becomes an Epic exclusive. If that ends up happening, I will cease buying any and all CA and TW games where I stand when discovering that news.

Sorry, but this is just the way that I feel about the situation. CA can tell me all they want "We don't plan to", but as we all know, plans change on a dime where business and money is concerned. Everything has a price. Even Loyalty.

Dude just read the actual article rather than trying to prove a point, they literally say they wont be doing exclusivity with their other titles.
    Everything has a price.
    Is this thread not entirely null and void then? because if theyd break their word here what would make an actual confirmation of WH3 anymore binding?
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 597
    edited June 2
    Fossoway said:

BrynjarK said:

Fossoway said:

Barrel02 said:

I do not believe they will port everything over to Epic Games Store and I doubt CA would do something like that, but why is there no statement from them? Wouldn't it be better for them to comment on this clearly before the community goes crazy about some unconfirmed information?

They already did. They said this is only for Troy and that in the future they want to release on Steam and Epic.

The problem is, we don't believe them. If they did it once, they can do it again, and things can change in a few months or a few years. They wouldn't be the first developers to go back on their words for money. So until they 100% confirm that WH3 will release on Steam, keep your butt clenched.
    Always guilty before proven innocent!! Yeah, thats the rigth way to tackle life. I migth add 100%, is not enough. We need to have played it, until we complain about it. Then the game has been released, but should never have of course
    In this line of business? Absolutely. CA would not be the first developers to go back on their words. All that matters is if Epic can match the $ lost if their future games are Epic exclusive. Between staying true to their words and a boatload of cash, what do you think they will chose?
    Well, the smart thing is they havent really said alot my friend, so they can do both.

And the total war franchice has seen me through alot of bull, so even if it f**ck up one time or two, ill forgive. We go way back.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,551
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Because I will not buy WH1 and WH2 and all its DLCs again on Epic if WH3 becomes an Epic exclusive. If that ends up happening, I will cease buying any and all CA and TW games where I stand when discovering that news.

Sorry, but this is just the way that I feel about the situation. CA can tell me all they want "We don't plan to", but as we all know, plans change on a dime where business and money is concerned. Everything has a price. Even Loyalty.

Dude just read the actual article rather than trying to prove a point, they literally say they wont be doing exclusivity with their other titles.
    Everything has a price.
    Is this thread not entirely null and void then? because if theyd break their word here what would make an actual confirmation of WH3 anymore binding?
    ... that's actually a fair point xD
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,633
    edited June 2
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.
    They haven't confirmed anything yet though. Just said "No plans currently" more or less. So yeah, its disconcerting.

Sometimes words help. But yeah.

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,092
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.
    Yeah, how can OP ask for "confirmation" if he believes they'll do otherwise even if they do so now! Talk about self-defeating causes.

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.
    They haven't confirmed anything yet though. Just said "No plans currently" more or less. So yeah, its disconcerting.

Well seeing as WH3 has been in development for like 4 years now and should come out within a year or so, I'd say it probably falls into their "planned" category.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,034
    Ness098 said:

I don't get... CA broke the game with bugs in the last patch and everyone is like: omg I wonder what the next DLC will be about but when they do some business deal with doesn't affect the game at all everyone is going mad. Its none of your busines where they will release the game

If a vendor is trying to make you buy his stuff from a different store, one that is moldy and has maggots and rats and corpse flies all over the place, one that smells like Nurgle had diarrhea on the shelves and then Uncle Sam cleaned the place up with a mixture of Agent Orange and VX... Then I do think that as a customer you have the right to tell said vendor to sod off, and it would probably also be wise to consider the implications of a vendor being willing to expose you to that hellhole of a store.

It's none of my business where CA releases the game, but it absolutely is my business where I'm supposed to be buying it from, and if CA wants me to take a bath in the septic tank that is EGS then clearly they don't care one bit about me as a customer. And if they are that uninterested in my experience as a customer then it becomes a problem, both in the literal rational sense and in a moral one, for me to not reciprocate the attitude.
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.

Well seeing as WH3 has been in development for like 4 years now and should come out within a year or so, I'd say it probably falls into their "planned" category.
    Of it being on Steam off the bat?

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.

Yes probably
    Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.

Yes probably
    Lets hope. I'm just a concerned player right now. I think quite a few are.

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,923
    edited June 2
    No chance WH3 will be an Epic exclusive. The game is intended to be part of a trilogy, and the trilogy started on Steam. Would cause a lot of compatibility and modding problems. Future TW games? Yep, that's possible.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,393
    edited June 2

I'd say I care, considering I have all the DLCs for Warhammer 2+1, but I don't. CA wants to sell me snake oil? Np, I'll get my damn snake oil from my own sources. This move from them also proves me that money is the only thing talking to CA, therefore that's EXACTLY what they will not get from me.

I guess we can throw CA in the lot with EA, Naughty dogs, Bethesda, Gearbox and other companies burning bridges with customers.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.

Where else and why, were chasin' ghosts here buddy! Lets get back to the important ones; yellow and blue drangons with more teeth, orcs with long sticks and the ghorgebuhltron(?) That ONE thing that fixes the race completely
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,808
    edited June 2
    If we just think about this logically for a minute, there is a less than 0.000001% chance that they make Warhammer 3 an epic exclusive title. It would be completely nonsensical and cause more negatives for them than positives...even when it comes to money. Sure, they could get a nice payout in the short term and make WH3 an epic exclusive title but then they risk tanking their future sales due to essentially giving a big F YOU to the fanbase. And that's just one of the many issues.

Now, I DO think that CA will probably start selling their games on other stores, in addition to, Steam at some point. Makes sense to spread around your various sales channels to appeal to a larger audience as a whole. Epic may be a part of that...which personally I'm fine with. But an epic exclusive title? Won't happen. Put it out of your minds and don't worry about it.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,032
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,923
    Ness098 said:

I don't get... CA broke the game with bugs in the last patch and everyone is like: omg I wonder what the next DLC will be about but when they do some business deal with doesn't affect the game at all everyone is going mad. Its none of your busines where they will release the game

It is. Epic right now has a terrible client, no modding platform, very limited discounts... it's worse than Steam in every way.
    Ness098 said:

It is our business. Steam workshop is one of the reasons I got the game, with 3 game combined map.

If they release it on Epic it will be false marketing.
    LolTHELol said:

Well CA already lied people

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/gv8oga/this_aged_poorly/

So I agree with the OP.

Like you havent once or twice.

But yeah would i wanna sell my steaks in an already well established local shop, with a solid customer base for 10-15 years or go over to that guy selling from his van for some pocket change compared what i would make. You guys said it, its a no brainer
    Bonutz619 said:

If we just think about this logically for a minute, there is a less than 0.000001% chance that they make Warhammer 3 an epic exclusive title. It would be completely nonsensical and cause more negatives for them than positives...even when it comes to money. Sure, they could get a nice payout in the short term and make WH3 an epic exclusive title but then they risk tanking their future sales due to essentially giving a big F YOU to the fanbase. And that's just one of the many issues.

Now, I DO think that CA will probably start selling their games on other stores, in addition to, Steam at some point. Epic may be a part of that...which personally I'm fine with. But an epic exclusive title? Won't happen. Put it out of your minds and don't worry about it.

I hope you're right bro.

Someone did mention you can claim Steam keys over on Epic. Can you or anyone confirm that?

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Rob18446 said:

Kelefane said:

Everything has a price.

Yes probably
    Lets hope. I'm just a concerned player right now. I think quite a few are.
    The most likely explanation is that Thrones and to a lesser extent 3K didn't sell as well as they expected so they're using this to test the waters as to whether theres interest in further saga or possibly all historical games being developed. Seeing as Epic will likely give them a lump sum for the exclusivity, if Troy does tank it's not such a loss and they can cancel further saga games.

Now of you dont care for the Saga dont buy it ever, if you do but dont like Epic wait till it comes out on steam, it sucks but you've proved your point to CA, and if you dont care at all get it free from Epic.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,564
    LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

This along with CA's tepid assurances makes me more convinced it was Sega's influence. I mean they do own the company and it complies with their stated 2019 fiscal report mission statement.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 593
    Kelefane said:

You can't be serious.... relax dude. Mass hysteria is contagious.
    WH will NOT be affected at all. It's crazy to think otherwise.
    Rheingold said:

Kelefane said:

What is your reasoning behind thinking it wont be affectied?

Rheingold said:

Kelefane said:

I am actually pretty convinced that WH 3 in best case scenario will be released on both Epic and Steam at the same time but will not have modding support on steam due to not having modding support in Epic store.

In addition, Epic store version of WH 3 will most likely get game 1 and/or game 2 free.

So, game 3 on steam will most certainly suffer because of this.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,223
    Class action lawsuits about bait and switches and anti-trust law breaches imo. They have for years claimed this will tie together and it's all on steam. At this point there's enough promises that grounds would be had if they tried to pull this with WH3.
    BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

But yeah would i wanna sell my steaks in an already well established local shop, with a solid customer base for 10-15 years or go over to that guy selling from his van for some pocket change compared what i would make. You guys said it, its a no brainer
    When I lie it is not false advertisement or false statements that affect entire product and many customers.

CA marketing has been dishonest to us. If you like getting lied from companies I do not care but I prefer any company I do business with to be honest. Not changing their promises in last second.

It is going to be near impossible to trust anything coming from dishonest marketing of CA.
    Itharus said:

Class action lawsuits about bait and switches and anti-trust law breaches imo. They have for years claimed this will tie together and it's all on steam. At this point there's enough promises that grounds would be had if they tried to pull this with WH3.

They can pull it. It will eventually come to steam. So, no promises will be broken legally.

But it could very well be Epic exclusive for a year.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,246
    Itharus said:

but who will file law suit.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,117
    The only thing in our favour is that its a massive headache to transfer ownership of DLC and Game 1 and 2 over from here to Epic Theft Studios.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,131
    LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

When I lie it is not false advertisement or false statements that affect entire product and many customers.

CA marketing has been dishonest to us. If you like getting lied from companies I do not care but I prefer any company I do business with to be honest. Not changing their promises in last second.

It is going to be near impossible to trust anything coming from dishonest marketing of CA.
    well they probably didn't lie because then they made that statement they didn't made the deal yet.

Besides:
    a game coming later, isn't exactly the most outrages.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892