Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'm not buying any further WH2 DLC until WH3 is on Steam (or at least, 100% confirmed to be)

124»

Comments

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    edited June 2
    BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

Well CA already lied people

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/gv8oga/this_aged_poorly/

So I agree with the OP.

Like you havent once or twice.

But yeah would i wanna sell my steaks in an already well established local shop, with a solid customer base for 10-15 years or go over to that guy selling from his van for some pocket change compared what i would make. You guys said it, its a no brainer
    When I lie it is not false advertisement or false statements that affect entire product and many customers.

CA marketing has been dishonest to us. If you like getting lied from companies I do not care but I prefer any company I do business with to be honest. Not changing their promises in last second.

It is going to be near impossible to trust anything coming from dishonest marketing of CA.
    well they probably didn't lie because then they made that statement they didn't made the deal yet.

Besides:
    a game coming later, isn't exactly the most outrages.
    So, with that logic it is okay for CA to change their statements in the future as long as they make new deals.

How much weight anything they say will hold afterwards?
    Its not a lie, if you belived it to be true in the moment you say it.
    simple as that.
    Bad logic.

So at this moment CA believes game 3 will be on steam, but Epic throws cash at their face and they make a new deal, so now it is Epic exclusive.

That is a lie man. If it was not, they would release it on both platforms on its release date.

When I purchased this game, I purchased for it to be on steam and not to be on stupid Epic Store for a year.
    "So at this moment CA believes game 3 will be on steam," No, they dont. NO, not at all.

But you migth want them to? Go have an affair, steal some meat or tupperware if you lack some drama. Please. Im saying this very gently, not harsh.
    Dude type coherent sentences please, if you want to start some drama.
    No. My. Typing. Is. Still. Too. Prefer. Over. Your. Make-Believe.

How is my point make believe? It just happened today. Troy just became Epic exclusive.
    So, what it is to stop CA from doing it again?

Also, it is a lie. We do not know when they made the deal with Epic, we do not know if the CA was pushing to get a deal with Epic before.

So, for all we know they might already knew that steam date was going to be pushed. That is most likely why we never heard any news about this game for ages.

It is just dishonest. No matter how you try to spin it.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,563
    gekj said:

It's impossible for WH3 to appear on Epic.. combining 3 games on 2 different platforms? No.

why not ? I can see it cleary for the exclusivity :

"Buy WH3 on epic and get WH1+WH2+all DLC for free"
    But my game 1 and 2 are on Steam. That would just complicate things on ME and how it all works.
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 597
    edited June 2
    LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

But yeah would i wanna sell my steaks in an already well established local shop, with a solid customer base for 10-15 years or go over to that guy selling from his van for some pocket change compared what i would make. You guys said it, its a no brainer
    When I lie it is not false advertisement or false statements that affect entire product and many customers.

CA marketing has been dishonest to us. If you like getting lied from companies I do not care but I prefer any company I do business with to be honest. Not changing their promises in last second.

It is going to be near impossible to trust anything coming from dishonest marketing of CA.
    well they probably didn't lie because then they made that statement they didn't made the deal yet.

Besides:
    So, with that logic it is okay for CA to change their statements in the future as long as they make new deals.

simple as that.
    Bad logic.

So at this moment CA believes game 3 will be on steam, but Epic throws cash at their face and they make a new deal, so now it is Epic exclusive.

That is a lie man. If it was not, they would release it on both platforms on its release date.

When I purchased this game, I purchased for it to be on steam and not to be on stupid Epic Store for a year.
    "So at this moment CA believes game 3 will be on steam," No, they dont. NO, not at all.

But you migth want them to? Go have an affair, steal some meat or tupperware if you lack some drama. Please. Im saying this very gently, not harsh.

How is my point make believe? It just happened today. Troy just became Epic exclusive.

Also, it is a lie. We do not know when they made the deal with Epic, we do not know if the CA was pushing to get a deal with Epic before.

So, for all we know they might already knew that steam date was going to be pushed. That is most likely why we never heard any news about this game for ages.

Thank you im from iceland and im not educated in linquistics. Seems i have done you wrong "So at this moment CA believes game 3 will be on steam" I though you said EPIC and not steam. Im sorry about that, you are not making anything up. You just have a good imagination! :)
    edited June 2
    double post, please delete
    Post edited by LolTHELol on
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,220
    Please discuss the topic without personal or political commentary.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

Besides:

simple as that.
    Bad logic.

Thank you im from iceland and im not educated in linquistics. Seems i have done you wrong "So at this moment CA believes game 3 will be on steam" I though you said EPIC and not steam. Im sorry about that, you are not making anything up. You just have a good imagination! :)
    Sadly no one here had that good of imagination.

No one here thought Troy would become Epic exclusive but it did.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,553
    BrynjarK said:

They could make a hybrid platform, Epic Steam

Steamy Epic.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,132
    LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

Besides:

simple as that.
    Bad logic.

Not logic simple fact.
    If you don't have any plans yet to sell it on the 1 exclusive on epic store and say that, then it is true.
    Its only a lie if you already have the plans for it.
    There is no evidence that this is the case for Troy.

And your Wh3 fiction is that, fiction.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2
    Red_Dox said:

Wh3 will 100% on Steam, CA is not gonna take the Headache of carrying all yours(ours) DLC purchases and both games over to Epic.

It could still end up as an EGSclusive for one year, until we filthy casuals can buy it full price on Steam ;)
    And I would be majorly **** off by such an decision, if they would do it one year from now.

CURRENTLY the stance from CA seems to be

but things can change in one year. Especially if Sega/CA sees a steady income without repurcussion from Epic who not only pays for exclusive but basically will pay every free Troy game released in the first 24h.

------Red Dox
    Thanks for the clarification. Still no very clear statement. It sounds like they are trying to leave the backdoor open, just in case. Making future Total War games exclusive (even if just temporarily) would be a shame and would keep me from buying them/supporting CA any further =/.
    edited June 2
    SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

Besides:

simple as that.
    Bad logic.

Not logic simple fact.
    If you don't have any plans yet to sell it on the 1 exclusive on epic store and say that, then it is true.

Just look at my post above. Troy being Epic exclusive was unimaginable, but now it is reality.
    Who is to say what is going to happened to WH 3.

Also stop trying to spin CAs dishonestly and false marketing. It is a lie. It was supposed to come to steam on release date, it is not coming to steam on release date. Simple, they are not keeping their word.

If they did not want to look like liars they could easily release it on both platforms and keep their word.

Anyway, I am happy to see even on reddit people are not pleased with this.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,553
    ROMOBOY said:

Ness098 said:

I don't get... CA broke the game with bugs in the last patch and everyone is like: omg I wonder what the next DLC will be about but when they do some business deal with doesn't affect the game at all everyone is going mad. Its none of your busines where they will release the game

It technically is our business since we’re the consumers. They have the right to do what they want with their product, just like we have the right to bash the **** out of their decision.
    So go bash them right now, talking is cheap on this forum
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,132
    LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

Besides:

simple as that.
    Bad logic.

Not logic simple fact.

Just look at my post above. Troy being Epic exclusive was unimaginable, but now it is reality.

Also stop trying to spin CAs dishonestly and false marketing. It is a lie. It was supposed to come to steam on release date, it is not coming to steam on release date. Simple, they are not keeping their word.

I don#t bother to look up your post because quite frankly it doesn't change that you calling CA liar, doesn't make them so.

Its release date on steam is delayed. Oh no a game comes later... what a lie.. because there can be no reasons what soever to delay a game right... if the game was delayed because half the staff was killed in an earthquake I guess you still call them liars.

Funny that the trailer doesn't seem to be hit too hard.
    9K likes 4K dislikes.
    So we will see how hard this actually hits or not.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,563
    Ares354 said:

ROMOBOY said:

Ness098 said:

I don't get... CA broke the game with bugs in the last patch and everyone is like: omg I wonder what the next DLC will be about but when they do some business deal with doesn't affect the game at all everyone is going mad. Its none of your busines where they will release the game

It technically is our business since we’re the consumers. They have the right to do what they want with their product, just like we have the right to bash the **** out of their decision.
    So go bash them right now, talking is cheap on this forum
    He said bash the decision not them. There's a difference, one involves deconstructing their strategy and the other gets you arrested.
    SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

SiWI said:

LolTHELol said:

BrynjarK said:

LolTHELol said:

So I agree with the OP.

Besides:

simple as that.
    Bad logic.

Not logic simple fact.

I don#t bother to look up your post because quite frankly it doesn't change that you calling CA liar, doesn't make them so.

Its release date on steam is delayed. Oh no a game comes later... what a lie.. because there can be no reasons what soever to delay a game right... if the game was delayed because half the staff was killed in an earthquake I guess you still call them liars.

Funny that the trailer doesn't seem to be hit too hard.
    9K likes 4K dislikes.
    So we will see how hard this actually hits or not.
    There was no disaster, Game is knowing becoming Epic store exclusive. CA is ignoring their promises in the past, delaying steam release date for Epic store exclusivity.

So, any game which states that their game will not have microtransactions or will have x and y but in the end change it is not lying. No man sky did not lie. I refuse to believe that you are this gullible.

As I have stated there was nothing stopping CA from saying no to Epics deal or making the game be available in both platforms. They did not to do any of these things. They preferred Epics cash over their consumer commitment.

Additionally, even CA thinks it will sink hard. That is why they are giving a new game for free.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,080

Itharus said:

Yes vanilla we get it, you are a cheapo and love free anything :-P

Personally I hope the whole thing crashes the first 24 hours. Will make me giggle.

Spent 2+ grand on this PC, but stuff paying for my games!

I doubt it will. Epic's given out a lot higher profile things for free without issue. Got Civ6 last week.
    If only they could stop having data breach after data breach. Currently I refuse to use them because they are a security hazard before we even get into the morality of supporting Tencent or the self suicide by consumers who continue to support the worst in companies. Tencent is like EA but on cocaine and pcp.

Ultimately they were showing and advertising this on Steam and then balked when they got offered a wad of cash by a platform that has openly championed as being pro developer over the consumer. So yeah they made a bad choice for a platform that is inherently against me.

It is not an impossibility for them to.get warhammer 3. Tencent is throwing ludicrous amounts of money for this and free game offers. Because they are attempting short term buy ins to.get the crowds rather than anything long term consumer friendly.

Epic, can bite me.
  • ArchRangerArchRanger Registered Users Posts: 105
    I definitely don't support the decision to to do a exclusive deal after already going through the effort of setting up a Steam page and having an announcement date on there (showing this exclusive deal was made after the fact). This goes double for the fact that Sega and CA are not small indie devs that could really use the extra funds but instead, at the surface level, appears to be a cop-out for them to curve some of their losses by not having much confidence in the game. I'd say either corporate or marketing is to blame on that one though as neither company really hasn't put much effort into spotlighting the game after announcing it or doing a surprise launch (like what Fire-Axis recently did with a small X-Com side game) and being done with it. Also the generic PR excuse of being more agnostic when it comes to platforms doesn't make sense since there are other viable platforms on PC that don't require going exclusive for a year but oh well.

That being said, I am going to be cautious of this decision and watch CA more carefully going forward. Personally I feel that Wh3 should be safe for the most part but at the same time, there is a small chance we could see it happen. Since Steam would be receiving the game at some point and it's not completely abandoning the platform, the argument that CA would be denying us current owners anything would be untrue. We'd just be subjected to having a year delay which would be pretty crappy to do to your loyal customers but honestly, a lot of companies these days don't seem to care about that when it comes to short-term revenue (look at any big triple A publisher and see a lot of them have been sacrificing good will for profits in the past 5 years). They could also use the exclusive year as a cheap way to add another year of development on the Grand Campaign map since EGS doesn't have the previous Warhammer games or DLC needed to unlock that mode so who knows.

I'll continue buying the DLC for Wh2 since I have that product now and enjoy the content they put out, I will definitely put some hesitation on my pre-order for Wh3 until closer to launch date rather than immediately pre-order due to this choice of theirs. Not going to pre-order a game (something I already rarely do to begin with) 4-6 months in advanced just for a chance of them artificially pushing it out a year due to Epic throwing money their way a month or 2 before releasing. Disappointed in CA/Sega a bit and will be more cautious with them going forward. Let's hope for the best when it comes to Wh3.
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 175
    edited June 2
    There in no way Warhammer 3 won't be on Steam.

Mortal Empire 2.0 will require the two previous games to play, if it's exclusive to the Epic Game Store the owners of the previous games on Steam will be locked from a huge part of the game. Furthermore, the Workshop is another huge selling point for the game, which is obviously not available on Epic.

At last, and that's probably the most important point, Creative Assembly took the deal with Epic because they have little confidence in Troy, as Thrones got mixed reception, and therefore took the easy way out to at least cover the development cost, while also introducing the Total War licence for free to Epic's younger market.

Warhammer is a huge game, Troy isn't, Creative Assembly cannot afford making it an exclusivity.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,551
    This a Warhammer discussion sub-forum folks. This thread is a discussion about Creative Assembly business practices, with only a casual reference to WH3

Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I've been on two gaming platforms for almost a decade now (Steam and GOG) and I refuse to go to a third (Epic) - So yeah, if CA decides the exclusive Epic route with WH3, i'm done with CA and TW in general.

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,262
    edited June 3
    delete
    Post edited by kasunrathnatunga on
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681

can we get a dislike button i dislike mods decision to move all these threads

Seriously, this.

dge1 is clearly doing it on purpose. It's not the first time some threads go a bit off topic, many more have done so before and they never moved them.

Out of a sudden people are angry or deeply concerned with CA and the future of Warhammer and every related thread is getting closed/moved. Let's not pretend that they had nothing to do with Warhammer.

And let's be honest "moved to chat" is like a death sentence. Everyone and their mother knows that it's a dead category, the most active is by far the Warhammer one.

Anyways. Never liked the guy if I'm being honest and I'm not afraid to say it. He acts aggressively quote often, he always gave me the impression that he's a ****.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,551

Graden said:

Seriously, this.

dge1 is clearly doing it on purpose. It's not the first time some threads go a bit off topic, many more have done so before and they never moved them.

Out of a sudden people are angry or deeply concerned with CA and the future of Warhammer and every related thread is getting closed/moved. Let's not pretend that they had nothing to do with Warhammer.

And let's be honest "moved to chat" is like a death sentence. Everyone and their mother knows that it's a dead category, the most active is by far the Warhammer one.

Anyways. Never liked the guy if I'm being honest and I'm not afraid to say it. He acts aggressively quote often, he always gave me the impression that he's a ****.
    As a reminder, from the forum Terms & Conditions:
    5) TotalWar.com Forum Behaviour:
    5.1a Post threads only in the appropriate forums (read sub-forum descriptions for help)
    5.1b Before posting a new thread ensure it does not already exist
    copyrighted material (also see the intellectual property rights section below)
    5.5 Commentary on 'industry-wide policies', 'comparative game company business models', and like subjects are discouraged. These tend to devolve into R&R, bashing and flaming posts that do nothing to improve player access to developers; disseminate game ideas; create balance discussions; or other serious benefits that can result from the exchange of ideas amongst developers and players. There are other places where one may debate about the business-end of the discussion pool, but that is not here, thus threads and posts of this nature will usually be removed.

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)
    1.3 Commenting on a decision/action made by a volunteer moderator or CA staff member is not allowed .

Let's keep the discussion on the thread.

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • RAMPZYRAMPZY Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 219
    Since we all know CA are sellouts now, if EGS would hand them a big pile of cash with WH1&2 and all DLC's for free for anyone that orders TW:W3 on EGS, i have no doubt in my mind that CA is going to sell us out.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    WH Epic edition (WH1 + WH2 + all dlcs) soon.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo

Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!

• poloniko69poloniko69 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Same, they lost all the trust they gained after the Rome 2 scam.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,226
    I just want to know if CA can guarantee that TWW3 and content related to TWW1/2/3 won't be exclusive to epic.
    I don't mind if the games are available on epic - but exclusivity is consumer unfriendly and needs to stop.
    Total War: Warhammer <3