Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New photos and videos.

RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,314

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER and THREE KINGDOMS campaigns:
ROMEII
GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
RotR: Rome, Samnites, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
ATTILA
GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
THRONES OF BRITANNIA
Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
WARHAMMER 1 & 2
W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
THREE KINGDOMS
MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
AWB: Cao Cao, Lü Bu, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 349
    Looks cool, to bad I have to wait a whole year.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer 1/2
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones of Britannia
    6. Attila
    7. Rome
    9. Rome 2

• Achilles13Achilles13 Registered Users Posts: 163
    CA is being more generous with materials today than it has been for over half a year.
    A few thoughts:
    1. Speculation over siege equipment is over and I think most of us is happy from what we have seen. Also second version of "trojan horse" as CA Sofia mentioned that it will be portrayed in several ways
    2. In 6th photo behind ?Aeneas? there is a hero in lion pelt... some Herakles follower analogical to Minotaur and Cyclop thing? Because Herakles obviously cannot be in the game because he was dead by the time.
    3. On the video the motion of heroes is a bit stiff, exadurated and false, Achilles especially. I hope they will work it over
    4. Also I dont know if its only me and it is a detail shouldnt spears, at least those belonging to heroes be two-bladed? It would look better, enable better animation and... I just think that if Achilles or Hector had a spear it was shourely two-bladed since heroes should have best possible equipment often called "god-forged"
    5. Achilles blondie after all ;) Not like it really matters
    Shogun2, Med 2 and Rome 2 veteran, always playing very hard
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,361
    Hector is definitely my first playthrough. He suits my playstyle down to the ground; slow, heavy infantry that grind down everything in front of them.
  • IelloIello Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 443
    Interesting! I wonder if these videos are going to serve as our intros to the heroes/faction leaders.

If (as speculated) Aeneas is one of the playable heroes, I'm looking forward to what his description will be.
    edited June 2
    Iello said:

Interesting! I wonder if these videos are going to serve as our intros to the heroes/faction leaders.

If (as speculated) Aeneas is one of the playable heroes, I'm looking forward to what his description will be.

Aeneas is confirmed from the start they even described his mechanics being raising his wisdom and authority (or sth similar) through speaking to great heroes if conquered the region with their thomb
    Just two other photos from campaign map:

• ValraValra Registered Users Posts: 19
    Since the trailer made me lowkey want to play the Trojans first (Let love bloom... ;) ) I will probably play as Hector first (or Paris if he is one of the remaining lords) and I am very happy with his presentation in the game.
  • TeutonicusTeutonicus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    Valra said:

Since the trailer made me lowkey want to play the Trojans first (Let love bloom... ;) ) I will probably play as Hector first (or Paris if he is one of the remaining lords) and I am very happy with his presentation in the game.

He is. You will be able to play as Hector, Achilles, Agamemnon, Menelaos, Odysseus, Sarpedon and Aeneas. ^^

"I am Karl Franz, and I was born into this world, just like you. A world of unceasing war and endless terrors. But with a nation of men at its heart, a bastion of hope and courage: the Empire. Led by the craven, torn apart by the greedy, weakened and exposed, forever on the defence. But no longer.

Now, we unite! To purge the evil that dare confront us! Follow me, and we will banish this darkness! I swear this as your Emperor!"

- Karl Franz
  • Paddy234Paddy234 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 407
    It looks a bit too cartoonish, why is that?
  • KingsGuardofArchersKingsGuardofArchers Registered Users Posts: 44
    Paddy234 said:

It looks a bit too cartoonish, why is that?

Right? Looks like an animated children's fantasy show.

He is. You will be able to play as Hector, Achilles, Agamemnon, Menelaos, Odysseus, Sarpedon and Aeneas. ^^

Is Sarpedon confirmed or we just speculate because Maya in last interview mentioned Lycians? Even if Lycians are faction they may still apoint Glaukus for a main hero.

Is Sarpedon confirmed or we just speculate because Maya in last interview mentioned Lycians? Even if Lycians are faction they may still apoint Glaukus for a main hero.
    Yes he is pretty much confirmed. If you scroll down here and examine the HTML elements, you need to mouse over the template pictures and two of them are named Aeneas and Sarpedon. https://www.totalwar.com/games/troy/hector/

"I am Karl Franz, and I was born into this world, just like you. A world of unceasing war and endless terrors. But with a nation of men at its heart, a bastion of hope and courage: the Empire. Led by the craven, torn apart by the greedy, weakened and exposed, forever on the defence. But no longer.

Now, we unite! To purge the evil that dare confront us! Follow me, and we will banish this darkness! I swear this as your Emperor!"

- Karl Franz
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,314

Yes he is pretty much confirmed. If you scroll down here and examine the HTML elements, you need to mouse over the template pictures and two of them are named Aeneas and Sarpedon. https://www.totalwar.com/games/troy/hector/
    Good catch!

I hoped that it will be him.

With Amazons DLC we will have Achaeans, Trojans, Lycians and "Amazons" (probably some nomad tribe) playable.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER and THREE KINGDOMS campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,565
    Really nice pictures for a game 1 year away from release.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

@Teutonicus You are right thanks mate! Also glad that Aeneas is this one from artwork I hoped him to be because I would love to play Aeneas but didnt quite like the design of - now we know it - Sarpedon. Great discovery you made!
    Let's just hope they don't use these names as placeholders, although that would be very unlikely. ^^

I am particularly curious to see which heroes will still appear within the factions.
    Someone mentioned in the forum that at least one character could be unlocked through a mission.

- Karl Franz
    edited June 3
    Another photo presenting revamped battlefields.

Someone mentioned in the forum that at least one character could be unlocked through a mission.

It was Telemachus, but you can unlock him after finishing Odysseus' missions. He will only join your faction (he is not a faction leader).

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    RafSwi7 said:

It was Telemachus, but you can unlock him after finishing Odysseus' missions. He will only join your faction (he is not a faction leader).
    Oh right, Telemachus was the one, thanks. With "within the factions" I meant Heroes without their own factions.

- Karl Franz
    Guys I just noticed one more interesting fact on 6th photo beside some Herakles-similar guy - a little bit up and right from Aeneas there is a smoking, demolished city. So as in warhammer and Atilla (I may be wrong didnt play those) we may have option to sack/destroy city without occupying it.
  • TalavalakasTalavalakas Registered Users Posts: 39

Guys I just noticed one more interesting fact on 6th photo beside some Herakles-similar guy - a little bit up and right from Aeneas there is a smoking, demolished city. So as in warhammer and Atilla (I may be wrong didnt play those) we may have option to sack/destroy city without occupying it.

It would be cool, but maybe it’s just plundered, but not destroyed. Too little damage to the city.
    Yes thats what I meant, I havent played tw where you have other options than occupy (even after sacking or destroing most of buildings) so I dont know these mechanics but I always found it stupid that I couldnt just plunder another city so it sounds cool for me
    edited June 3

Oh right, Telemachus was the one, thanks. With "within the factions" I meant Heroes without their own factions.

Well you have two heroes you may get already confirmed and these are Minotaur and Cyclop. I wish we can convince to join us heroes from faction we defeat or hero we take captive it would be cool
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,094
    Simple ladders came back!!!
    jamreal18 said:

The main thing is that these are not pocket ladders.
  • AkisTheGReatestAkisTheGReatest Registered Users Posts: 28

jamreal18 said:

I believe they will sadly be ladders that get spawned when you reach the walls
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,094

jamreal18 said:

I believe they will sadly be ladders that get spawned when you reach the walls
    Oh No...

Pocket Ladders? Again?
    Another photo

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    @RafSwi7,
    Wow, horse archers? It seems to me that these are almost always very imbalanced units when the player controls them.
    edited June 6

@RafSwi7,
    Wow, horse archers? It seems to me that these are almost always very imbalanced units when the player controls them.

Yeah, it was mentioned in some previews that there will be different "centaurs" in certain regions on the map. In preview we have seen "savage centaurs" which were melee cavalry.

I suppose that there will be ranged version as well. In blog post we have seen some armored variant.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    Cool image! LOve to have horse archers. @RafSwi7 where did you manage to find this?