Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Berserkers are a joke

1235»

Comments

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 21,283
    Green0 said:

Green0 said:

Knights Errant get slaughtered by Berserkers if you leave them longer than 2s in melee vs the Berserkers since they have some 45 MA and 50 ish WS which let's be honest if you are Bretonnia will happen more than you like since first of all you need the CB to work its way into the unit, so typical contact of a cav unit is like 5s and then disengage, secondly Brets typically play with 20 units so your micro might be less than ideal in some moments of the battle.

So buff knight errants?
    they are a fine unit for 700g just Berserkers are OP vs mid- and low-tier cav also.
    Brets need a cheap melee cav varient.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 21,283
    Green0 said:

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

Knights Errant get slaughtered by Berserkers if you leave them longer than 2s in melee vs the Berserkers since they have some 45 MA and 50 ish WS which let's be honest if you are Bretonnia will happen more than you like since first of all you need the CB to work its way into the unit, so typical contact of a cav unit is like 5s and then disengage, secondly Brets typically play with 20 units so your micro might be less than ideal in some moments of the battle.

So buff knight errants?
    they are a fine unit for 700g just Berserkers are OP vs mid- and low-tier cav also.
    they do have Mounted Yeomen which are not the best but for 400g it's hard to balance them also.

You're welcome to propose buffs to Yeomen though but 700g for Errants is a very favorable price.
    They are not a melee cav though just cav.

And i have had this discussion with lore experts mounted yeomans are weaker than TT

I tried Chevron them up to 9 work ok. But their leadership and armour kind of suck. Oh well all the balancing on the world won't be enough for poor race design.

I dream of a day brets get a dlc.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 3,182

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

So buff knight errants?
    they do have Mounted Yeomen which are not the best but for 400g it's hard to balance them also.

You're welcome to propose buffs to Yeomen though but 700g for Errants is a very favorable price.
    They are not a melee cav though just cav.

And i have had this discussion with lore experts mounted yeomans are weaker than TT

I tried Chevron them up to 9 work ok. But their leadership and armour kind of suck. Oh well all the balancing on the world won't be enough for poor race design.

I dream of a day brets get a dlc.
    same bro :(