Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Asavar Kul

erza321erza321 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,350
I wonder if CA will add the previous Everchosen Asavar Kul into the game because he isn't really dead and CA has already brought back several characters from the dead.

His body is sealed on an island in the Sea of Claws by Teclis because it couldn't be destroyed and his soul currently resides in a great tower dedicated to Khorne in the Realm of Chaos.

Comments

• Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 464
    Probably not, because we have Archaon. Most the characters that were brought back from the dead don't actually 'replace' anyone. Asavar Kul however doesn't fit, because Archaon takes his place. Same thing with Gorbad Ironclaw in my opinion, I believe that Gorbad doesn't fit as well, because Grimgor takes his place.

The setting is mainly during Archaon, adding Asavar takes too much away from Archaon's character.
  • Cuchulainn88Cuchulainn88 Registered Users Posts: 31
    Mortkin is who we want
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,777
    My very first White Dwarf contained three things of note if memory serves. One was a story of the Great War Against Chaos, another the Index Astartes for the Word Bearers and the third excerpts from the table top playing life of the Great Mike Walker.

Hence I am a huge fan of Asavar Kul, the Bearers of the Word and in need of finding my own Little Dave these days.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,548
    Qwerty55 said:

Probably not, because we have Archaon. Most the characters that were brought back from the dead don't actually 'replace' anyone. Asavar Kul however doesn't fit, because Archaon takes his place. Same thing with Gorbad Ironclaw in my opinion, I believe that Gorbad doesn't fit as well, because Grimgor takes his place.

The setting is mainly during Archaon, adding Asavar takes too much away from Archaon's character.

Vlad <-> Mannfred
    Repanse de Lyonesse <-> Adalhard d'Lyonesse

I would not exclude a future Magnus the Pious VS Asavar Kul DLC. Imo all gloves went off when Undead Repanse was digged up.

-----Red Dox
  • kokosha777kokosha777 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Maybe he is in fact the only choice for the next LP. Not just LL but mega LP i.e. lord that gives cover for three most obscured nations in whole game - WoC, BM and Norsca. With only one "mega LL" there is opportunity to add the "trio" to WH2 and simultaneously update them for the ME map.
  • NimdullNimdull Registered Users Posts: 37
    I don't think it would make sense. Asavar Kul is a different age of Warhammer, more center in medieval. Such era never had models. And think about it. If they would add him than they could add Magnus The Pius, Emperor.

What CA can offer for us are new campings.
    -War Of The Beard
    -End Times
    -Storm Of Chaos
    -The Sundering
    -Sigmar vs Mortkin vs Nagash time
    -3 Emperors
    -Rise of Nagash
    ETC. To be honest I expect that with Warhammer 3 instead of making lord pack's they just make more campings.

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,434
    Nimdull said:

I don't think it would make sense. Asavar Kul is a different age of Warhammer, more center in medieval. Such era never had models. And think about it. If they would add him than they could add Magnus The Pius, Emperor.

What CA can offer for us are new campings.
    -War Of The Beard
    -End Times
    -Storm Of Chaos
    -The Sundering
    -Sigmar vs Mortkin vs Nagash time
    -3 Emperors
    -Rise of Nagash
    ETC. To be honest I expect that with Warhammer 3 instead of making lord pack's they just make more campings.

Yeah, scenario packs is in my opinion the next type of dlc they should be going for
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,677
    No chance. Adding Repanse was something entirely different than adding characters like Magnus, Kul or Sigmar. She had no impact on the greater scheme of things in the lore while the former 3 changed the warhammer history.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    edited June 4
    ArneSo said:

No chance. Adding Repanse was something entirely different than adding characters like Magnus, Kul or Sigmar. She had no impact on the greater scheme of things in the lore while the former 3 changed the warhammer history.

they already retconned Solland back into existence, so they might bring in Gorbad... then we get Gorthor... and stuff goes out of the window...

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArneSo said:

they already retconned Solland back into existence, so they might bring in Gorbad... then we get Gorthor... and stuff goes out of the window...

Bringing them back is still not the same as bringing back Kul and Magnus.

Kul can’t be there because we have Archaon. Magnus can’t be the Emperor because we already have Karl.

Repanse and Sollands existence are fine.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 635
    edited June 4
    I feel some are overdramatizing Repanse's addition. I think the addition of Repanse is nowhere near comparable to the supposed addition of characters like Kul or Magnus, cmon. As a big fan of the lore, i also thought it was a very questionable choice by CA, but at the end of the day Repanse is an extremely minor character for Bretonnia, and her dead or alive status is absolutely inconsequential for Bretonnia and its lore.
    Admittedly, i would've liked CA to give a more proper explanation to her return instead of straight up ignoring the fact that shes from 500 years prior. They could have very simply justified her return with Grail shenanigans, hybernation or whatever, but for some wierd reason they chose not to.
    However, at the end of the day, she's a very minor character and her presence doesn't create any real time paradox.
    I understand why CA went with her as she's quite a unique character compared to all the other Dukes, which are kind of bare bones visually (though i would have still probably preferred people like Bohemond, Theodoric or Jerrod or even Bertrand).

However, adding stuff like Kul, Magnus, Gorbad, Gorthor, is a whole other level of lore-breaking and i'm sure CA is very aware of it (despite the random royal-rumble comment by that CA dev). I wouldn't worry about that...
  • erza321erza321 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,350
    Even if Asavar Kul himself doesn't come back from the dead CA could always have somebody posesing his body because it's pretty much a powerful Chaos relic in it's own.

Besides there is one reason Asavar Kul could work in WH3 because Kul is supposedly a Daemon Prince and he would fit as the Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided.......Or was Asavar Kul being a Daemon Prince something Mark of Chaos added to the lore?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    erza321 said:

Even if Asavar Kul himself doesn't come back from the dead CA could always have somebody posesing his body because it's pretty much a powerful Chaos relic in it's own.

Besides there is one reason Asavar Kul could work in WH3 because Kul is supposedly a Daemon Prince and he would fit as the Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided.......Or was Asavar Kul being a Daemon Prince something Mark of Chaos added to the lore?

You EITHER become Everchosen OR a Daemon Prince... and after Be'lakor the Dark Brothers learned to NEVER AGAIN Make a Daemon Prince with the favour all 4.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    CA picked Repanse because she was the best candidate out of the remaining Alberic clones which had nothing special.

For BM, Chaos and the Empire we have enough unique alternatives.
    ArneSo said:

CA picked Repanse because she was the best candidate out of the remaining Alberic clones which had nothing special.

"which had nothing special". meanwhile for Repanse they took away her special thing and basically made her more generic.

Poor Bohemond... he should've been the Great Weapon Lord.

For the Empire... may i guess the "unique alternative" you mean is a certain Magister of the Amethyst Order?

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArneSo said:

"which had nothing special". meanwhile for Repanse they took away her special thing and basically made her more generic.

For the Empire... may i guess the "unique alternative" you mean is a certain Magister of the Amethyst Order?
    Repanse was still the Perfect Choice. My point is that just because CA added her, we won’t automatically get guys like Magnus or Sigmar.

The empire has many unique characters.
    - Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken
    - Kurt Helborg (Kind of unique)

There is no need for CA to bring back Magnus when they have so many good alternatives.

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

No need to bring back long dead characters like Magnus, Kul or Gorthor.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Repanse was still the Perfect Choice. My point is that just because CA added her, we won’t automatically get guys like Magnus or Sigmar.

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

There is no need for CA to bring back Magnus when they have so many good alternatives.

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

Valten is Karl Franz in fightier... and he shares his weapon with KF... we need Elector Counts! the Ar-Ulric should be in... Middenheim. And where should Boris Start? Middenheim. so, Emil should be a secondary Lord. ANd CA Doesn't do that anymore.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • erza321erza321 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,350

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

Valten is Karl Franz in fightier... and he shares his weapon with KF... we need Elector Counts! the Ar-Ulric should be in... Middenheim. And where should Boris Start? Middenheim. so, Emil should be a secondary Lord. ANd CA Doesn't do that anymore.
    Alastar the White Lion says otherwise even though he's not not a try Legendary Lord he might indication of how CA will add other characters into the game that otherwise wouldn't be Legendary Lords.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

Boris should be in Middenland as a FLC LL. Emil can literally be everywhere on a religious crusade to purge chaos.

We don’t need Elector counts since elector counts have to stay in the empire. That’s why Boris is more than enough for that.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

Boris should be in Middenland as a FLC LL. Emil can literally be everywhere on a religious crusade to purge chaos.

We don’t need Elector counts since elector counts have to stay in the empire. That’s why Boris is more than enough for that.

Everyone literally can be everywhere always.

and yes, we need more Elector Counts, for the Proper feeling... AND BECAUSE OF MARIUS EFFIN LEITDORF, the Eletor Count who actually was an 8th Ed ARmybook character.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

and yes, we need more Elector Counts, for the Proper feeling... AND BECAUSE OF MARIUS EFFIN LEITDORF, the Eletor Count who actually was an 8th Ed ARmybook character.
    Marius Leitdorf is the most generic Empire character. Don’t think he will be added.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

Marius Leitdorf is the most generic Empire character. Don’t think he will be added.
    Ahm... due to his Madness he is actually less generic than Boris.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

What theme and units would he come with?

Boris is only interesting because of the Middenland theme. Marius, while being a funny character, wouldn’t add much for a TW game. Malus campaigns showed us where the limits of this game type are.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

- Emil Valgeir
    - Valten
    - Elspeth von Draken

Same for WoC:
    - Sayl (Norsca or WoC)
    - Festus
    - Tamurkkhan
    - Valkia
    - Galrauch
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Vilitch
    - Egrimm van Horstmann
    - Styrkaar

And the same for BM:
    - Ghorros
    - Taurox
    - Slugtongue
    - Moonclaw

What theme and units would he come with?

Boris is only interesting because of the Middenland theme. Marius, while being a funny character, wouldn’t add much for a TW game. Malus campaigns showed us where the limits of this game type are.
    Malus? I point to Luthor. And since Empire is still missing it's FLC Lord: HERE COMES MARIUS!

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • SherrabSherrab Registered Users Posts: 95
    a good empire flc would be schwarzhelm as a hero unit with a banner mechanic/duelist. his game play would be buffs to crappy empire infantry because of his banner and he would be good duelist.
  • anonymousjonesanonymousjones Registered Users Posts: 3
    I think it's more likely we will see Archaon's herald; Vardek Crom. https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Vardek_Crom_the_Conqueror
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,516
    The Empire needs more characters than anyother faction except Skaven. Marius Leitdorf, Kurt Helborg, Emil Vargeir, Elspeth von Draken, Valten, Luthor Huss and Ludwig Schwartzhelm, the last two as LHs and not in Isabella/Ghorst format.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,516
    Of course, Todbringer should be the faction leader of Middenland, with Vargeir as a secondary LL for his faction. Religion mechanic will be welcome.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,353
    No WoC undivided lord is needed, except we have at least 2 god aligned WoC LLs per god too. So 7 are missing before any undivided LL for WoC should be considered.