Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH1/WH2 Races/Lords for WH3 - Which can we expect?

Comments

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,157

ArneSo said:

Mate it’s really like you want to be disappointed with your expectations...

Finubar has like zero chances to make it in.

Nonsense. He has really strong chances to make it in. Finubar represents both phoenix and naval aspects. Ideal candidate for Game3.

Destin said:

Well from what I've gathered it's mostly the naval aspect left for HE so Sealord Aislinn would be a perfect fit. He could also start far away from Ulthuan in some colony in the east.

A HE-Chaos Dwarf Cross-LP with Aislinn and Tordrek Hackhart could be a fun naval themed LP.

Yeah I have to agree with Destin and ArneSo. Finubar definetly doesn't have the best track record when it comes to... doing anything really. Either he is off traveling to only the Old Ones know where, or he is hiding up in his tower. Its Alarielle and Tyrion doing the real ruling. This is exactly why Tyrion is in command of Lothern and not Finubar. Its Aislinn and the High Elf Navy that will fill their last spot.

Exactly. Finubar does nothing outside of his palace. His main purpose is to keep the HE kingdoms united and in peace.

Sure he is called the Seafarer but he’s more the boat-trip-holiday type of Person and not an admiral fighting battles.

If it comes to Navy warfare, Aislinn is the man.

Finubar only hangs out in his palace or goes on holidays when he’s not watching Tyrion ******* Alarielle.

He is actually a joke of a character and would be the most terrible LL choice in the entire game. He is even worse than Ghorst.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,891

Aislinn is a nobody

He's a character from the Sea Patrol list.

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,377

ArneSo said:

Nonsense. He has really strong chances to make it in. Finubar represents both phoenix and naval aspects. Ideal candidate for Game3.

Destin said:

Well from what I've gathered it's mostly the naval aspect left for HE so Sealord Aislinn would be a perfect fit. He could also start far away from Ulthuan in some colony in the east.

A HE-Chaos Dwarf Cross-LP with Aislinn and Tordrek Hackhart could be a fun naval themed LP.

Yeah I have to agree with Destin and ArneSo. Finubar definetly doesn't have the best track record when it comes to... doing anything really. Either he is off traveling to only the Old Ones know where, or he is hiding up in his tower. Its Alarielle and Tyrion doing the real ruling. This is exactly why Tyrion is in command of Lothern and not Finubar. Its Aislinn and the High Elf Navy that will fill their last spot.

Finubar too can lead expedition. Asuryan himself can guide him.
    ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HE: Finubar

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...
    Yes, yes, I know, he is the best choice.

He is just salty that Aislinn takes Imriks spot as a HE crossover in WH3. That’s why he tries to bring Finubar on the table even if that makes absolutely zero sense.

So debating with him with reasonable and logic argument is pointless. He doesn’t like Aislinn so he will argue against him no matter what.

In the end he will be disappointed again, just like he was after Imrik got confirmed to be the FLC.

So yes the best is actually to ignore him.

Aislinn with the whole Sea Patrol List guaranteed strength this point and 99% safe to come. Just like Throt.
    False narrative. I were calling for Finubar over Aislinn long before Imrik became FLC.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Yeah not really but well...
    One can't get closer to reality!
    Yeah sure bud! Can’t wait for the Imrik DLC in WH3 by the way! Oh wait...
    Considering Imrik's overwhelming popularity, I'm sure that CA have realised that making him FLC was a grave mistake.
    He is so popular because his campaign is fun.
    It's because of his dragon theme and royal personality. That's what most people focus on when they speak about Imrik.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,157

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Anointed of Asuryan is left too. Aislinn is a nobody, Ghorst 2.0 character. Why him when you can have the Phony King himself, Finubar the Seafarer. Most characters can start far away from Ulthuan.

I would much prefer HE vs. Daemons.
    Aislinn is a Throt, Emil Valgeir level character with a whole army list and a very distinctive theme.

Actually Finubar would be Ghorst 2.0.

And yes HE vs DoC is what I expect too. Aislinn should start near the Gates of Calith.

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

He is just salty that Aislinn takes Imriks spot as a HE crossover in WH3. That’s why he tries to bring Finubar on the table even if that makes absolutely zero sense.

So debating with him with reasonable and logic argument is pointless. He doesn’t like Aislinn so he will argue against him no matter what.

In the end he will be disappointed again, just like he was after Imrik got confirmed to be the FLC.

Aislinn with the whole Sea Patrol List guaranteed strength this point and 99% safe to come. Just like Throt.
    False narrative. I were calling for Finubar over Aislinn long before Imrik became FLC.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Considering Imrik's overwhelming popularity, I'm sure that CA have realised that making him FLC was a grave mistake.
    It's because of his dragon theme and royal personality. That's what most people focus on when they speak about Imrik.
    It won’t be Finubar. Aislinn has a whole list so if CA wants to make a Sea Patrol LP, they Will 100% pick Aislinn. That’s actually not even questionable if you try to think realistically.

Finubar is already implemented with the influence mechanic. That’s everything he will get in a TW game.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580

FLC lords are kind of a crapshoot and we have no idea how CA plans to handle updates for DLC races other than via FLC, so predictions in that department mainly come down to just whatever the predicter wants more than what they actually think is likely.

As a reuslt, I think the only realistic predictions that can be made at this point are DLC options, based on likely pairings and missing units. These, I think, are the most likely options for DLC crossover pairings:
    • Greenskins vs Chaos Dwarfs
    • Dwarfs vs Chaos Dwarfs
    • Lizardmen vs Daemons of Chaos
    • Empire vs Daemons of Chaos
    All of the above races have well established rivalries and make sense for crossover packs. There will also definitely be internal WH3 lord packs, like Kislev vs Daemons or Ogres vs DoW or something, but that's a topic for another thread.

As for which characters fit those pairings, here are a few thoughts:

Greenskins vs Chaos Dwarfs: Morglum Necksnapper vs Zhatan the Black seems likely. Morglum is the most prominent remaining Black Orc character, he operates in the Dark Lands, the Black Orcswere former slaves of the Chaos Dwarfs, and Zhatan the Black is a famous slaver of Greenskins. They fit well together thematically.

Dwarfs vs Chaos Dwarfs: Thore Ironbrow vs Drazhoath the Ashen. The Runesmith vs the Daemonsmith. The theme writes itself. There are a couple of other Daemonsmith characters who could potentially oppose Thorek, but they're more minor in stature and Drazhoath's association with the Legion of Azgorh means he has some associated units that could be held in reserve for a Lord Pack.

Lizardmen vs Daemons of Chaos: Tetto'eko vs the Blue Scribes. Tetto'eko or Oxyotl both fit here, but I think you could find slightly more units to theme to Tetto'eko which makes him the most likely. As a Skink elevated to high position by the Slann, the Blue Scribes seem suitable opponents, being lesser demons elevated to the level of Tzeentch's chief scribes. Plus, a wizard vs wizard matchup has some appeal.

Empire vs Daemons of Chaos: Eslpeth von Draken vs Ku'gath Plaguefather. While Tamurkhan would make a more reasonable rival, we have no idea what CA plans for the WoC or other DLC races. Still, Elspeth was the mastermind behind thwarting a major Chaos invasion and is noted for going outside the Empire to achieve her ends. A Nurgle Daemon is a decent stand in for Tamurkhan, and Ku'gath has a wide option of potentical mechanics and interesting play styles.

Now, beyond crossover packs, there are a few notable characters strongly associated with missing units who seem likely to come at some point in some form. These include:
    • Sealord Aislinn
    • Throt the Unclean
    • Grimm Burloksson
    • Neferata
    Each of them has a few options for missing units, generic heroes, and generic lords. I strongly suspect we will see most or all of them, possibly before the end of WH2's lifecycle, but almost certainly by the end of WH3's.

The big question we're still left with is DLC races though. So far CA has only used FLC updates to add to these races, and while they may yet do DLC for DLC down the road, they have so far given us no indication they plan to. Untill they do we have to assume FLC updates are the only option, and so much of what goes into an FLC update seems to rely on what can be implemnted with minimal cost, meaning our options here are far more constrained.
    Many good points here. Just 2 things I'd like to point out.
    1. I'd say there's a strong possibility that Drazhoath will be a launch-lord and thus will focus on his rivalry with Astragoth instead. But its a good thought if there is only one non-Chaos lord.
    2. Tamurkhan is a strong candidate for Nurgle's mortal champion I'd say. He, Gutrot Spume and Festus I consider have an equal chance of being chosen.
    ArneSo said:

Aislinn is a Throt, Emil Valgeir level character

No, not really. Throt is a lord character from the lastest army book.
    SerPus said:

Aislinn is a nobody

That's what I have said. A nobody.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Anointed of Asuryan is left too. Aislinn is a nobody, Ghorst 2.0 character. Why him when you can have the Phony King himself, Finubar the Seafarer. Most characters can start far away from Ulthuan.

Aislinn is a Throt, Emil Valgeir level character with a whole army list and a very distinctive theme.

And yes HE vs DoC is what I expect too. Aislinn should start near the Gates of Calith.
    Aislinn is a Ghorst. His army list is mostly a bunch of renamed already existing units. Distinctive theme? Eataine 1.5.

Finubar is the Phoenix King, let's not compare the ruler of the High Elves to some lackey.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

It won’t be Finubar. Aislinn has a whole list so if CA wants to make a Sea Patrol LP, they Will 100% pick Aislinn. That’s actually not even questionable if you try to think realistically.

Finubar is already implemented with the influence mechanic. That’s everything he will get in a TW game.
    Well, then Aislinn is already implemented with Eataine(+3 recruit rank for Lothern Sea Guard). At best he should become generic lord unlock for Tyrion.

SerPus said:

Aislinn is a nobody

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Aislinn is a Ghorst. His army list is mostly a bunch of renamed already existing units. Distinctive theme? Eataine 1.5.

Finubar is the Phoenix King, let's not compare the ruler of the High Elves to some lackey.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Well, then Aislinn is already implemented with Eataine(+3 recruit rank for Lothern Sea Guard). At best he should become generic lord unlock for Tyrion.
    Yeah whatever man. Just don’t be sad and bitter when we will get Aislinn.

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Aislinn is a nobody

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

I will be sad, bitter and disappointed.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771

FLC lords are kind of a crapshoot and we have no idea how CA plans to handle updates for DLC races other than via FLC, so predictions in that department mainly come down to just whatever the predicter wants more than what they actually think is likely.

As a reuslt, I think the only realistic predictions that can be made at this point are DLC options, based on likely pairings and missing units. These, I think, are the most likely options for DLC crossover pairings:
    • Greenskins vs Chaos Dwarfs
    • Dwarfs vs Chaos Dwarfs
    • Lizardmen vs Daemons of Chaos
    • Empire vs Daemons of Chaos
    All of the above races have well established rivalries and make sense for crossover packs. There will also definitely be internal WH3 lord packs, like Kislev vs Daemons or Ogres vs DoW or something, but that's a topic for another thread.

As for which characters fit those pairings, here are a few thoughts:

Greenskins vs Chaos Dwarfs: Morglum Necksnapper vs Zhatan the Black seems likely. Morglum is the most prominent remaining Black Orc character, he operates in the Dark Lands, the Black Orcswere former slaves of the Chaos Dwarfs, and Zhatan the Black is a famous slaver of Greenskins. They fit well together thematically.

Dwarfs vs Chaos Dwarfs: Thore Ironbrow vs Drazhoath the Ashen. The Runesmith vs the Daemonsmith. The theme writes itself. There are a couple of other Daemonsmith characters who could potentially oppose Thorek, but they're more minor in stature and Drazhoath's association with the Legion of Azgorh means he has some associated units that could be held in reserve for a Lord Pack.

Lizardmen vs Daemons of Chaos: Tetto'eko vs the Blue Scribes. Tetto'eko or Oxyotl both fit here, but I think you could find slightly more units to theme to Tetto'eko which makes him the most likely. As a Skink elevated to high position by the Slann, the Blue Scribes seem suitable opponents, being lesser demons elevated to the level of Tzeentch's chief scribes. Plus, a wizard vs wizard matchup has some appeal.

Empire vs Daemons of Chaos: Eslpeth von Draken vs Ku'gath Plaguefather. While Tamurkhan would make a more reasonable rival, we have no idea what CA plans for the WoC or other DLC races. Still, Elspeth was the mastermind behind thwarting a major Chaos invasion and is noted for going outside the Empire to achieve her ends. A Nurgle Daemon is a decent stand in for Tamurkhan, and Ku'gath has a wide option of potentical mechanics and interesting play styles.

Now, beyond crossover packs, there are a few notable characters strongly associated with missing units who seem likely to come at some point in some form. These include:
    • Sealord Aislinn
    • Throt the Unclean
    • Grimm Burloksson
    • Neferata
    Each of them has a few options for missing units, generic heroes, and generic lords. I strongly suspect we will see most or all of them, possibly before the end of WH2's lifecycle, but almost certainly by the end of WH3's.

The big question we're still left with is DLC races though. So far CA has only used FLC updates to add to these races, and while they may yet do DLC for DLC down the road, they have so far given us no indication they plan to. Untill they do we have to assume FLC updates are the only option, and so much of what goes into an FLC update seems to rely on what can be implemnted with minimal cost, meaning our options here are far more constrained.
    Many good points here. Just 2 things I'd like to point out.
    1. I'd say there's a strong possibility that Drazhoath will be a launch-lord and thus will focus on his rivalry with Astragoth instead. But its a good thought if there is only one non-Chaos lord.
    2. Tamurkhan is a strong candidate for Nurgle's mortal champion I'd say. He, Gutrot Spume and Festus I consider have an equal chance of being chosen.
    A common trait in how CA picks the initial two "core" lords is that one is a caster and one is a melee fighter. Gelt and Franz. Grimgor and Azhag. Mazdamundi and Kroq-Gar. Teclis and Tyrion. Queek and Skrolk. You get the idea. It's not always the case but when it isn't the reason is usually that the race has almost no caster lords (Dwarfs) or has nothing but caster lords (Vampires).

The Chaos Dwarfs have a good mix of both options. I'm pretty confident that the launch Chaos Dwarf characters will probably be Astragoth and Rykarth. Astragoth is basically confirmed, he's the racial leader in the same way someone like Franz or Mazdamundi is. He's also the most notable Chaos Dwarf caster. The two main Chaos Dwarf melee characters are Zhatan and Rykarth, but I think Zhatan just has too much DLC potential, both with units and rivalries, to make it in as a core character.
  • starcreator1012starcreator1012 Registered Users Posts: 243
    All i hope for is ushoran and thats it i will just go along with whatever CA adds even if its **** that should be throw into the garbage with the BM
    reason for ushoran is simple even as a FLC he would be just great to see and you could eventually have the five founders of each bloodline for vamps

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

Aislinn is a nobody

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

Destin said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh dude...

I will be sad, bitter and disappointed.
    So like usually aye?
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141
    Apart from whatever may come for the TWW3 races I envisage the following arriving for TWW1 and TWW2 races from now and until the end of TWW3. Those marked with a '-' I don't expect to get anything new at all.

Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow
    Empire: Boris Todbringer
    Skaven: Grey Seer Thanquol and Thrott the Unclean
    High Elfs: -
    Dark Elfs: -
    Wood Elfs: Ariel
    Beastmen: Taurox the Great Brass Bull
    Norsca: Probably some shoehorned Legendary Lord
    Tomb Kings: Nagash
    Vampire Counts: Neferata
    Bretonnia: -
    Greenskins: -
    Warriors of Chaos: Several someones.
    Lizardmen: -
    Vampire Coast: -

There's a LOT of TWW1 and TWW2 characters just there to fit into DLC for TWW3 (and what remains for TWW2). So I don't expect there to be a whole lot more than that coming.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580
    edited June 2020

All i hope for is ushoran and thats it i will just go along with whatever CA adds even if its **** that should be throw into the garbage with the BM
    reason for ushoran is simple even as a FLC he would be just great to see and you could eventually have the five founders of each bloodline for vamps

My hopes for Ushoran specifically is a DLC that adds living Strigany units and a Domnu hero in order to properly represent Strygos. Its among my foremost candidates for this last WH2 DLC, but if not for later WH3.

A common trait in how CA picks the initial two "core" lords is that one is a caster and one is a melee fighter. Gelt and Franz. Grimgor and Azhag. Mazdamundi and Kroq-Gar. Teclis and Tyrion. Queek and Skrolk. You get the idea. It's not always the case but when it isn't the reason is usually that the race has almost no caster lords (Dwarfs) or has nothing but caster lords (Vampires).

The Chaos Dwarfs have a good mix of both options. I'm pretty confident that the launch Chaos Dwarf characters will probably be Astragoth and Rykarth. Astragoth is basically confirmed, he's the racial leader in the same way someone like Franz or Mazdamundi is. He's also the most notable Chaos Dwarf caster. The two main Chaos Dwarf melee characters are Zhatan and Rykarth, but I think Zhatan just has too much DLC potential, both with units and rivalries, to make it in as a core character.

You're probably right, I don't know a lot about Chaos Dwarfs and so Im not 100% sure about the fighting styles of Sorceror-Prophets.

RikRiorik said:

Wait, what
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    Marius is one I'd love to see maybe with a few halfling units, bee swarm summon and Snagla with a few new spiders hopefully with a new update to climb walls

• Rheingold#6691Rheingold#6691 Registered Users Posts: 1,602

Royal personality! :D He's a slimebag. Grom the Paunch has more nobility in the food he cooks...
    His campaign is cool though, and CA did a wonderful job with the art direction and design on all the lords from the recent dlc, even if he makes the Bretonians look sane and well adjusted.
    edited June 2020

You're probably right, I don't know a lot about Chaos Dwarfs and so Im not 100% sure about the fighting styles of Sorceror-Prophets.

They (along with the Sorcerer-Prophets) tend to be melee/caster hybrids, though some are more focused on the caster aspect than others. One thing that should be noted is we don't have a ton of Chaos Dwarf characters, and some never had official rules. Their last official Army Book only had three:
    • Astragoth (Daemonsmith character, melee/caster hybrid with powered armor, kind of like Ikit)
    • Zhatan the Black (pure melee powerhouse)
    • Gorduz Backstabber (melee Hobgoblin Chieftan, their only named Hobgoblin character)
    All three of those guys will probably make it in, though I suspect Gorduz will be FLC. Other lesser characters were introduced in fluff or other games:
    • Drazhoath the Ashen (melee/caster hyrbird, introduced in the Tamurkhan supplement, had rules)
    • Rykarth the Unbreakable (introduced in the Nemesis Crown campaign, melee tank, had rules)
    • Tordrek Hackhart (renegade Dwarf Engineer turned Daemonsmith who joined the Chaos Dwarfs, had Dreadfleet rules but never had rules for normal Warhammer, would presumably be either pure melee or hybrid melee/caster)
    • Ghorth the Cruel (a lore blurb from the Chaos Dwarf Army Book, never had rules, but is a Sorcerer-Prophet and the behind-the-scenes master of Zhatan the Black.
    • Hothgar the Renegade (lore blurb from the overall 8th Edition Warhammer Rule Book, Daemonsmith specializing in war machines and artillery, never had rules)
    I suspect we'll get a mix of melee and caster lords. Considering how few pure melee lords there are I suspect we'll get all of those guys, and the rest will be a mix of Daemonsmiths and Sorcerer Prophets, depending on who CA thinks has the most gameplay potential. Some of the lesser characters will be dropped.
  • Rheingold#6691Rheingold#6691 Registered Users Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2020
    edit: double post. Apologies.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,590
    I see no ar ulric
    No bretonnian lord
    I go meh this list is not great.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

I see no ar ulric
    No bretonnian lord
    I go meh this list is not great.

Uhm I included Calard d'Garamont for Bretonnia, doesn't he count to that?
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    Thanquol obviously, who else but him?
    Soon
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141
    SerPus said:

RikRiorik said:

Wait, what
    Yes Nagash as TK. So he can confederate Arkhan.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    One thing I find interesting is that while it's really easy to find potential crossover matchups for the Empire, Dawrfs, Greenskins, High Elves, and Lizardmen, it's much harder to find them for the Skaven, Vampire Counts, and Dark Elves.

Everyone else has some plausible rivalry with a WH3 race. I suppose Throt could have a rivalry with a Kislev character, they're both up there in the north. Likewise you could maybe have a Kislev vs Vampire Counts rivalry, the Vampires have tried spreading north before. Those are tenuous links, though, and I see nothing for the Dark Elves.
    RikRiorik said:

Yes Nagash as TK

TK mechanics don't fit Nagash at all.

edited June 2020

One thing I find interesting is that while it's really easy to find potential crossover matchups for the Empire, Dawrfs, Greenskins, High Elves, and Lizardmen, it's much harder to find them for the Skaven, Vampire Counts, and Dark Elves.

Everyone else has some plausible rivalry with a WH3 race. I suppose Throt could have a rivalry with a Kislev character, they're both up there in the north. Likewise you could maybe have a Kislev vs Vampire Counts rivalry, the Vampires have tried spreading north before. Those are tenuous links, though, and I see nothing for the Dark Elves.

Yeah I don't see the Dark Elves coming to WH3. The only connection they have is Duriath Helbane's proposed invasion of the Islands of Elithis, but still that would be another FLC and basically a Lokhir lite. CA really missed something in not doing Aislinn vs Lokhir, either here or for WH3. The most fitting rivalry for Throt would probably be with the Dwarfs of Kraka Drak (in a Slayer-themed DLC with Malakai or Thorgard Cromson as I outlined), which is why I would prefer them to come in WH3 instead of being shoe-horned into the Vortex.

Yeah I don't see the Dark Elves coming to WH3. The only connection they have is Duriath Helbane's proposed invasion of the Islands of Elithis, but still that would be another FLC and basically a Lokhir lite. CA really missed something in not doing Aislinn vs Lokhir, either here or for WH3. The most fitting rivalry for Throt would probably be with the Dwarfs of Kraka Drak (in a Slayer-themed DLC with Malakai or Thorgard Cromson as I outlined), which is why I would prefer them to come in WH3 instead of being shoe-horned into the Vortex.
    I doubt we'd get a WH1 vs WH2 Lord Pack in WH3.
  • DarthKaDarthKa Registered Users Posts: 459
    edited June 2020
    From existing core races only Thanquol is almost guaranteed to be in WH3, but it doesn't mean he will have his own Skaven faction, he could be like a G&F recruitable lord or a separate faction as Children of the Horned Rat with Skreech Verminking, or something new, so let's not jump to conclusions (yeah, sure)

DE and Skaven should get a FLC LL in WH2, Thrott and some DE, Tulandris is my favorite. After that I don't think WH2 factions will appear in WH3, with minimal exceptions all the rosters are complete, even LL. Troglodons, Merwyns and Brood Horrors are too expensive and Skycutters are a balancing nightmare (flying chariots and/or flying artillery)

WH1 races are another thing, Dwarfs should get one LL in WH2, and for WH3 LP, Empire should have at least 2, Kurt and Emil (Cult of Ulric), and Dwarfs, GS and VC should also get another.

BM and WE, who knows, I hope so with their reworks. (Taurox and the Twilight Sisters)

Brets, Norsca, TK and VP are done.

I could see Anethra Helbane vs Valkia the Bloody for pure girls power.

Since Valkia is the one who invaded Naggaroth such a rivalry would make sense.