Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH1/WH2 Races/Lords for WH3 - Which can we expect?

13»

Comments

• kamenhero25kamenhero25 Registered Users Posts: 17
    Hmmm, well if we're just making wish lists...

The Empire: Elspeth von Draken (Lord Pack with a Nurgle lord of some kind? Could include some new magic and Nuln gunpowder units such as Wizard Lords, the Hurricanium, Ironsides, Long Rifles, etc)
    Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow (Lord Pack with Chaos Dwarfs, Rune Golems, Shard Dragons, maybe Rune Magic rework for Runelords/Smiths?)
    Greenskins: Gittila the Hunter (probably FLC)
    Vampire Counts: Ushoran (probably FLC unless they invent some ghoul variants to add with him)
    Warriors of Chaos: Valkia, Tamurkhan, and Vilitch (to round out the four gods' lords, each coming with some new units to expand the roster)
    Beastmen: Taurus (Probably down near the Haunted Forest since it's supposed to be inhabited by Beastmen)
    Wood Elves: Sister of Twilight (On a mission for Ariel in the Darklands perhaps?)
    Bretonnia: Bohemond Beastslayer (hunting some dangerous monster in the Darklands, LP against appropriate faction?)
    Norsca: Crom the Conqueror and Sayl the Faithless (rework Norsca into Northmen including Kurgan and Hung tribes)
    High Elves: Sea Lord Aislinn (Lord Pack against N'Kari, adds in Skycutters, Merwyrm, Seahelms, etc)
    Dark Elves: Rakarth (Maybe FLC, hunting beasts to enslave?)
    Lizardmen: Oxyotl (Maybe LP, hunting demons definitely)
    Skaven: Thanquol (Almost a given)
    Tomb Kings: Prince Apophas (Seeking worthy souls to claim in the Dark Lands)
    Vampire Coast: Vangheist (Unlikely, but basically fits the themes perfectly, probably FLC)
  • xBlood_Raven#5120xBlood_Raven#5120 Registered Users Posts: 983
    I'll list a number of possible Game 2 and Game 3 LLs for existing races (most likely in my opinion):

Empire-Kurt Helborg (based on Knightly Orders), Boris Todbringer (Cult of Ulric) and Marius Leitdorf (flc). Valten could be decent too.

Greenskins-Gorbad Ironclaw (in game 3 either against Kurt Helborg or a Chaos Dwarf character).

Dwarfs-Thorek Ironbrow, Josef Bugman (White Dwarf promotion) and Malakai Makaisson

Vampire Counts-Nefarata (Lahmian), W'soran/Melkhior/Zacharias (Necrarch), Ushoran (flc and Strigios), Abhorash (Blood Dragon-Red Duke too)

Warriors of Chaos-Harald Hammerstorm and Crom the Conquerer (difficult to pick characters when they must be undivided-at the present moment).

Beastmen-Gorthor the Beastlord, Taurox the Brass Bull, Moonclaw, etc (any to be honest, Taurox would be amazing for Minotaurs and Ghorgon). Ghorros as flc as well.

Wood Elves-Ariel, Sisters of Twlight, Araloth

Norsca-Lord Mortkin (8th edition rulebook, could be a decent leadership LL) and Sayl the Faithless (he's actually Kurgan but fits with Norsca's theme of choosing your Chaos God).

Bretonnia-Bertrand the Brigand, Mallobaude and Bohemond.

High Elves-Phoenix King Finubar and Sealord Aislinn (both of these are excellent as their themes and stories interlink and can be dlc or flc)

Dark Elves-Tullaris Dreadbringer (Game 2 due to Scourge of Khaine), Shadowblade and Rakarth the Beastlord

Lizardmen-Oxyotl and Tetto'eko (only ones left to be honest but both decent)

Skaven-Thanquol, Throt the Unclean, Ghoritch, Skreech Verminking, Nurglitch (The Skaven have quite a number of remaining LLs and many units too).

Tomb Kings-Apophas, Sehenesmet and Amanhotep.

Vampire Coast-Vangheist (the only one who fits to be honest)
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    DarthKa said:

From existing core races only Thanquol is almost guaranteed to be in WH3, but it doesn't mean he will have his own Skaven faction, he could be like a G&F recruitable lord or a separate faction as Children of the Horned Rat with Skreech Verminking, or something new, so let's not jump to conclusions (yeah, sure)

DE and Skaven should get a FLC LL in WH2, Thrott and some DE, Tulandris is my favorite. After that I don't think WH2 factions will appear in WH3, with minimal exceptions all the rosters are complete, even LL. Troglodons, Merwyns and Brood Horrors are too expensive and Skycutters are a balancing nightmare (flying chariots and/or flying artillery)

WH1 races are another thing, Dwarfs should get one LL in WH2, and for WH3 LP, Empire should have at least 2, Kurt and Emil (Cult of Ulric), and Dwarfs, GS and VC should also get another.

BM and WE, who knows, I hope so with their reworks. (Taurox and the Twilight Sisters)

Brets, Norsca, TK and VP are done.

He should absolutely have his own faction, what is the damn point if he is a hero, that is not how Thanquol works or how anyone would want him to be, would be an absolute waste to make a useless hero, he SHOULD have his own faction when hero tier characters like Tretch, Snikch, Grombrindal and Nakai can lead their own factions

He should have his own faction, plain and simple.
    Soon
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,377
    ArneSo said:

So like usually aye?

No, usually I'm contemptuous.

Rheingold said:

Royal personality! :D He's a slimebag. Grom the Paunch has more nobility in the food he cooks...
    His campaign is cool though, and CA did a wonderful job with the art direction and design on all the lords from the recent dlc, even if he makes the Bretonians look sane and well adjusted.

His Majesty pays no mind to slave morality. Or as one Asur once said:

The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

• xBlood_Raven#5120xBlood_Raven#5120 Registered Users Posts: 983

DarthKa said:

From existing core races only Thanquol is almost guaranteed to be in WH3, but it doesn't mean he will have his own Skaven faction, he could be like a G&F recruitable lord or a separate faction as Children of the Horned Rat with Skreech Verminking, or something new, so let's not jump to conclusions (yeah, sure)

DE and Skaven should get a FLC LL in WH2, Thrott and some DE, Tulandris is my favorite. After that I don't think WH2 factions will appear in WH3, with minimal exceptions all the rosters are complete, even LL. Troglodons, Merwyns and Brood Horrors are too expensive and Skycutters are a balancing nightmare (flying chariots and/or flying artillery)

WH1 races are another thing, Dwarfs should get one LL in WH2, and for WH3 LP, Empire should have at least 2, Kurt and Emil (Cult of Ulric), and Dwarfs, GS and VC should also get another.

BM and WE, who knows, I hope so with their reworks. (Taurox and the Twilight Sisters)

He should absolutely have his own faction, what is the damn point if he is a hero, that is not how Thanquol works or how anyone would want him to be, would be an absolute waste to make a useless hero, he SHOULD have his own faction when hero tier characters like Tretch, Snikch, Grombrindal and Nakai can lead their own factions

Have to agree. Clan Scruten would be perfect in my opinion (especially Thanquol's connections with Seerlord Kritislik). As we know Thanquol is Game 3, I'm curious where his starting position could be though.

Mortal Empires could be the Wastelands and near Marienburg as Thanquol was near there after being left drifting in the Sea of Chaos. For the Warhammer 3 standalone map, I'm not really sure where he could end up.
  • DarthKaDarthKa Registered Users Posts: 459

DarthKa said:

I prefer him with Skreech Verminking as Children of the Rat faction, something like Norsca is to WoC, or like Neferata and Nagash as Undead Legions could be to VC.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,266
    edited June 2020

Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, Daemons, Ogres and the big question: Cathay, the Far East and Dogs of War. These are the general expectations of WH3s playable races. However, as much as WH3 will focus on the last major races of the setting, it will also have a focus on completing Old World races like the Empire, Dwarfs and the Greenskins in terms of playable lords and starts. So I thought it could be fun to have a discussion on which lords from WH1 and WH2 races we can or are expecting to see at some point during game 3.

Below here you can see my current prediction for this discussion:

This prediction is based on my rendition of the last WH2 DLC being Throt the Unclean vs Drycha, in order to rework the Wood Elves before WH3s big focus on Chaos, with a Dark Elf FLC. If that is wrong, just swap any of these characters with Drycha starting in the Haunted Forest in WH3. All in all, I can see 21 possible lords for WH3, assuming its map stretches all the way to Middenland in order to bring in Boris at some point or if CA finds a way to do ME-specific additions without having to fit them into the WH3 map. Keep in mind that CA can basically push WH3 for a very long time after launch, even past whatever big title they're planning on next. Anyways, one big question regarding this list though is how Nagash and the Mortarchs will be handled, whether he will be a playable faction or an end-game unlock for certain Vampires. I personally would prefer the latter, with resurecting Nagash will be the central campaign goal for Neferata by conquering Nagashizzar, starting from the Silver Pinnacle. I just feel like putting Nagash as a playable lord from start would be rather overpowered and not really representative as to the incredible threat that he poses. Then again, the Nagashi could very well be a race-pack for WH3, if CA decides to go that route instead.

And now, just a quick review of the predicted starting positions, in order:
    Morglum Necksnapper - Necksnapper Tribe somewhere in Dark Lands
    Ushoran - Mourkhain or Fortress of Vorag (assuming Imrik is not in WH3)
    Neferata - Silver Pinnacle
    Thorek Ironbrow - Karak Azul
    Malakai/Thorgard Cromson - Kraka Drak
    Josef Bugman - One of the abandoned Dwarf holds in the Dark Lands
    Boris Todbringer - Middenland
    Marius Leitdorf - Averland
    Gitilla da Hunter - Wolf Lands: Da Dripping Fangs Tribe
    Snagla Grobspit - Black Pit Tribe
    Thanquol - Wherever Karak Angkul is in the World's Edge Mountains
    Blood Dragons - Depending on Lord: Horde, Blood Keep or Mousillon
    Necrarchs - Rasetra or Forest of Shadows
    Gorthor or Moonclaw - anywhere
    Ariel - Laurelorn Forest
    Ghorros Warhoof - anywhere
    Taurox the Brass Bull - preferably Talabecland, but also anywhere
    Egil Styrbjorn - Skaeling territory in a redesigned Norsca to not conflict with Wulfrik
    Oxyotl - Dragon Islands or Lost City of the Old Ones depending on WH3 map (Pahuax in ME)
    Calard d'Garamont - Bretonnian expedition in Dark Lands
    Sea Lord Aislinn - City of Spires

Amount of Lords:
    High Elves - 7, Greenskins - 7, Empire - 6, Dwarfs - 7, Skaven - 7, Vampires - 9, Beastmen - 6, Wood Elves - 4, Bretonnia - 5, Lizardmen - 7, Norsca - 3, Dark Elves - 6

What do you think guys, what lords and older races do you think we'll see come WH3?
    None of that. Game 1 races will get stuff in game 3 maybe a few game 2. The new areas will be focused on you know the NEW races lol. I can’t see Warhammer 2 races being added to game 3 small map.

Game 3 core races. Kislev, Cathay, ogres, chaos demons. Dlc races chaos dwarves, and Nagash. I think game 1 factions that make sense to be in game 3 map will be there like dwarves and skaven also beastmen and norsca.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580

Norsca: Crom the Conqueror and Sayl the Faithless (rework Norsca into Northmen including Kurgan and Hung tribes)

Interesting how you put Archaon's second-in-command as a Norscan faction.

Personally I can't see Prince Apophas in command of Numas, he is a hero and not allowed to lead units. Tutankhanut has my vote for an update to the Tomb Kings. Not only the Khemric Titans, but the Scythans as well.
  • ArchRangerArchRanger Registered Users Posts: 182
    While I personally have a list of 7-8 LLs I'd like to see for each major race by the time the series come to a close (might make a post if I can clean up the graphic and document), it's quite unrealistic to expect due to budget, time, and permission constraints. I honestly think the most likely case will be the core races from Wh1/2 getting one lord in each with a small chance that the 8th edition DLC races (WE, BM, WoC, and TK) might get one as well. Here is what I think we'll see by the time the series close:

Empire: Kurt Helborg (+ Boris FLC at some point)
    Greenskins: Gorbad Ironclaw
    Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow
    Vampire Counts: Neferata (or Zacharias if Nef is part of Nagash's faction)
    High Elves: Aislinn
    Dark Elves: Tullaris Dreadbringer (or Rakarth if Tullaris is Wh2 FLC)
    Lizardmen: Oxotyl
    Skaven: Thanquoul

Warriors of Chaos: Valkia (hoping Vilitch and Fetus get added as part of a rework so all 4 gods get represented)
    Beastmen: Taurox
    Wood Elves: Ariel
    Tomb Kings: Nagash (or Apophas if Nagash has his own faction)

I don't think Norsca or VCoast will get anything assuming that we will only get 1 LL for each of the above races by the time CA gets done adding in Wh3 DLC/FLC LL's since that already (assuming +2 new LLs for each of the 4 core races and another 12 LLs for the Wh1/2 LLs) is already a massive work load.
  • Ethorin#1178Ethorin#1178 Registered Users Posts: 778
    Here's my prediction, Reworks.

Lots and LOTS of Reworks.
  • kamenhero25kamenhero25 Registered Users Posts: 17

Interesting how you put Archaon's second-in-command as a Norscan faction.

Personally I can't see Prince Apophas in command of Numas, he is a hero and not allowed to lead units. Tutankhanut has my vote for an update to the Tomb Kings. Not only the Khemric Titans, but the Scythans as well.
    There's so many WoC possibilities that he's very far down a long waiting list for an include in their army. But his lore is also all about him uniting Kurgan tribes by force to serve in Archaon's horde. Having him commanding a Northmen faction and giving him a special alternate dilemma instead of being able to challange Archaon seems like a better include.

Apophas would hardly be the first time a hero unit was made into a LL. He definitely shouldn't lead Numas though, I agree on that. Maybe have him raising an army in the old Nehekharan holds near the north side of the Plain of Bones to go soul hunting in the Dark Lands. Give him a Malus/Alith Anar style mechanic to gain special rewards for hunting down and killing specific Lords in battle to represent his eternal quest for the perfect soul.
  • starcreator1012starcreator1012 Registered Users Posts: 243
    One thing i would like to see happen is a semi race pack for VC Adding one new lord for the four other bloodlines which aren't Von Carsteien unless neffy is part of nagash's army which wouldn't surprise me. Obviously empire would get new lords like Boris Todbringer and other LL. Orks maybe some more and same for dwarfs.
    WE BM and WoC need new lords and norsca could do with some others such as a spellcaster lord or a fimir lord i dunno tomb kings could maybe do with some other but not necessary and vampire coast would be hard to add new lords.
    My hope is that each race gets the same amount of lords in the end and CA have said that each faction will be on even footing eventually.
    Finally for WH3 i hope to god we get some of the eastern factions as look at what CA did with vampire coast a faction which barely existed so if they are doing the far east i can't wait to see what they have done.
  • Ares354#1090Ares354#1090 Registered Users Posts: 4,301
    Even half of those Lords will never happen. How long you think CA will waste their time on game 3 ? 3 years ? 4.

And ofc Empire has to pay for every single Lord add to game, because Empire fans are those who should only pay.

GS 7 Lords ? HE 7 Lords ? so where is time to add Lords to core race of game 3 ? gone for good ? Half of this will not happen.

You can expect CA will add 1 dlc per old race in game 3 if you are lucky, nothing more then that. Done. Empire will end up with 5 Lord, GS one Lord more, VC same etc. HE will have 7 with that Sea Elf, DE may not get any Lord in game 3
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,866
    I'm no content denier but I do not want Drycha.

WE already have a tree themed lord and I would rather the WE get an actual ELF for a new theme.

The sisters for an even more guerrilla and ranged focus or the Wizard guy.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580
    edited June 2020
    Ares354 said:

Even half of those Lords will never happen. How long you think CA will waste their time on game 3 ? 3 years ? 4.

And ofc Empire has to pay for every single Lord add to game, because Empire fans are those who should only pay.

GS 7 Lords ? HE 7 Lords ? so where is time to add Lords to core race of game 3 ? gone for good ? Half of this will not happen.

You can expect CA will add 1 dlc per old race in game 3 if you are lucky, nothing more then that. Done. Empire will end up with 5 Lord, GS one Lord more, VC same etc. HE will have 7 with that Sea Elf, DE may not get any Lord in game 3

Look at how long WH2 has gone on. Released in september 2017, it will be about 3,5 years by the time WH3 lands somewhere in spring 2021. During WH2's lifetime we've recieved an additional 25 lords beyond the 8 base lords. There is another 3 on the way with the last DLC and then there is the pre-order, which could be upwards of 4 depending on what it is. That's 28 confirmed lords, with a possibility of that rising to 32.

And this is with another major TW title, Three Kingdoms, running parallel to it. There is every argument that WH3 can go on for over 3 years easy, 4 most definetly. Warhammer 2 is the most popular TW game based on concurrent players per day, so its reasonable to assume that WH3 will be even more popular in that it brings everything together. I can easily see Warhammer outlasting Three Kingdoms and overlapping with the next historical title.

Also, the WH3 base races, besides Chaos, won't have that many options to go with. Ogre Kingdoms barely have enough viable options for 4 lords, same as Kislev. Chaos Dwarfs could maybe stretch out to 6 if CA is really imaginative. I doubt Cathay could even muster 4 lords. Only Chaos have material for a lot of lords here.

Ares354 said:

Look at how long WH2 has gone on. Released in september 2017, it will be about 3,5 years by the time WH3 lands somewhere in spring 2021. During WH2's lifetime we've recieved an additional 25 lords beyond the 8 base lords. There is another 3 on the way with the last DLC and then there is the pre-order, which could be upwards of 4 depending on what it is. That's 28 confirmed lords, with a possibility of that rising to 32.

And this is with another major TW title, Three Kingdoms, running parallel to it. There is every argument that WH3 can go on for over 3 years easy, 4 most definetly. Warhammer 2 is the most popular TW game based on concurrent players per day, so its reasonable to assume that WH3 will be even more popular in that it brings everything together. I can easily see Warhammer outlasting Three Kingdoms and overlapping with the next historical title.

Also, the WH3 base races, besides Chaos, won't have that many options to go with. Ogre Kingdoms barely have enough viable options for 4 lords, same as Kislev. Chaos Dwarfs could maybe stretch out to 6 if CA is really imaginative. I doubt Cathay could even muster 4 lords. Only Chaos have material for a lot of lords here.
    I see how long Wh2 has gone, and they dont even have good material for new race, they sell only LP which are nothing more, then 1 time replay with some race. Many are tired of LP, for good reason. And what of those 28-32 Lord, most of which are for race WHO HAVE more then enough lords. LOOK on race who dont have new Lord, THEY GOT for past that time, nothing. 32 Lord, clap clap clap.

3k is like Shogun, title for very minor player base, and 3k lost his touch. Boring China character, which arent special for ALL. Dont be so sure with Medieval 3, or any other historical title, which dont focus on one nation or part of land.

Also, you have no idea, on what GW will allow Ca with creativity for game 3, that remain to be seen.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,157
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

I see how long Wh2 has gone, and they dont even have good material for new race, they sell only LP which are nothing more, then 1 time replay with some race. Many are tired of LP, for good reason. And what of those 28-32 Lord, most of which are for race WHO HAVE more then enough lords. LOOK on race who dont have new Lord, THEY GOT for past that time, nothing. 32 Lord, clap clap clap.

3k is like Shogun, title for very minor player base, and 3k lost his touch. Boring China character, which arent special for ALL. Dont be so sure with Medieval 3, or any other historical title, which dont focus on one nation or part of land.

Also, you have no idea, on what GW will allow Ca with creativity for game 3, that remain to be seen.
    I expect 4-6 years of DLC support for WH3. This trilogy is a cash cow and Ca will probably milk it until it’s dry.

There is so much stuff CA could add as DLC:

New races:
    - DoW
    - Legions of Nagash
    - Cathay
    - Monogods stuff
    - Hobgoblins

Classic LPs:
    - Kislev vs DoC
    - Chaos Dwarfs vs Ogres

Crossovers:
    - Malakai
    - Thorek
    - Aislinn Sea Patrol
    - Oxyotl/Tetto’eco (Troglodon, ...)
    - Nuln Theme from Tamurkkhan
    - Middenland/Cult of Ulric
    - Thanquol
    - Klawmunkast
    - Taurox
    - Ghorros

So we have a list of 15-20 potential DLC options to keep this game alive.

We also have the confirmation from CA that they will release DLCs as long as we will buy them.

So 6 years of DLCs seems absolutely realistic.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    Ares354 said:

There aren't any new race packs because there aren't any races that you can crank out several lords for. That would have been Araby, but I guess they didn't get the rights to them. And anyway, races like Amazons or Pygmies wouldn't have been able to fit in physically due to map limitations. And there are races from WH1 that shouldn't have a spot on the Vortex, namely for example the Dwarfs. They don't have any connections to WH2 besides some minor characters going on minor expeditions, characters that don't fit as LLs anyway. Then again, they have a much better claim to the WH3 map in places like Karak Azul.

And of course the base-game races are gonna get the most time to shine in their own game. Its CAs oppertunity to complete races like Dark Elves or Lizardmen in a setting where they belong.
    ArneSo said:

I expect 4-6 years of DLC support for WH3. This trilogy is a cash cow and Ca will probably milk it until it’s dry.

New races:
    - DoW
    - Legions of Nagash
    - Cathay
    - Monogods stuff
    - Hobgoblins

Classic LPs:
    - Kislev vs DoC
    - Chaos Dwarfs vs Ogres

Crossovers:
    - Malakai
    - Thorek
    - Aislinn Sea Patrol
    - Thanquol
    - Klawmunkast
    - Taurox
    - Ghorros

We also have the confirmation from CA that they will release DLCs as long as we will buy them.

Exactly, case and point. I expect 4 years at least, if they do updates like they do now. Probably another SAGA (that everyone will forget immediately) after a year or so with WH3. Then after about 3 years we can expect the next big historical thing with WH3 stuff slowly beginning to tap off, but again, 4 years of content, easy.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    ArneSo said:

I think the remaining Lords for WH2 are:
    - Throt (DLC)
    - Zacharias (DLC)
    - Shadowblade/Tullaris/Rakarth (FLC)

Then for the preorder I expect:
    - Emil Valgeir
    - Boris (FLC)

So that leaves the following characters for WH3:

Empire:
    - Elspeth von Draken (DLC)
    - Kurt Helborg (DLC)
    - Valten (FLC)

Dwarfs:
    - Malakai (DLC)
    - Thorek (DLC)
    - Josef (White Dwarf Event)

Vampire counts:
    - Ushoran (FLC)
    - Red Duke (another old friend)

Greenskins:
    - Snagla (DLC/FLC)
    - Morglum/Gorfang (DLC/FLC)

Norsca:
    - Sayl (FLC)

Beastmen
    - Ghorros (FLC)
    - Taurox (DLC)

Wood Elves:
    - Sisters (Rework FLC)
    - Ariel (Rework FLC)

Bretonnia:
    - Bohemond (FLC)

WoC:
    Honestly no idea how CA wants to add all their missing stuff. But I expect (want) the following characters:
    - Tamurkhan
    - Valkia
    - Festus
    - Vilitch the curseling
    - Egil Stryborn
    - Egrim van Horstmann
    - Crom

High Elves:
    - Aislinn (DLC)

Skaven:
    - Thanquol (DLC)
    - Klawmunkast (DLC)

Lizardmen:
    - Oxyotl/Tetto’eco (DLC)

Than for new minor races I expect:

Kislev:
    - Tzarina Katarin
    - Boris Ursun
    - Ulrika Magdova
    - Ivan Radinov
    - Baba Yaga

DoW:
    - Borgio
    - Lucrezzia
    - Lorenzo Lupo
    - Mydas/Lietpold/Gashnag

Legion of Nagash:
    - Nagash
    - Neferata
    - Walach Harkon
    - Dieter Helsnicht
    - The Nameless

Edit:
    To be fair, Egil Strybjorn would also be a good 4th LL choice for Norsca since WoC already have way to many characters.

I think 4LLs for DLC races like WE, TK, Coast and Norsca would be a perfect number.

Kislev won’t be a minor race, GW is reworking them and probably will introduce them in WH3 as a MAIN.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141
    SerPus said:

RikRiorik said:

Yes Nagash as TK

TK mechanics don't fit Nagash at all.

@SerPus . Eh? Which mechanics would that be? The gathe the Books of Nagash? The raising of costless armies? The Mortuary Cult maybe but if it works for Arkhan it works for the Great Necromancer himself. All he needs though is to be able to bring a few more Vampire units and or character options to the table to compliment what Arkhan can already do.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,891
    RikRiorik said:

The raising of costless armies?

The way TK are doing it, yes. Mechanic-wise he is closer to VC, since they are at least have necromancy-related things like Raise the Dead

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

New races:
    - DoW
    - Legions of Nagash
    - Cathay
    - Monogods stuff
    - Hobgoblins

Classic LPs:
    - Kislev vs DoC
    - Chaos Dwarfs vs Ogres

Crossovers:
    - Malakai
    - Thorek
    - Aislinn Sea Patrol
    - Thanquol
    - Klawmunkast
    - Taurox
    - Ghorros

Oh, I want to see this 6 years. Right now, people buy stuff from CA, because they know, game 3 will come, but with game 3 released, that change things.

Right now people somehow are still ok with dlc with time gap of 5 months. But if game 3 will offer even longer wait, NOONE will wait half of year to get Lord Pack. And sels will drop, people will get bored with this game, like with every game, that is inevitable. We dont know just yet, if DLC race will get Lord Pack, so BM crossover or WE crossover is pipe dream just yet. New race Cathay, that catchy, wonder if GW will allow that to happen, they did stop Araby.

I see how CA milky this cash cow you are talking about. People demand content, and we get every few months, some of which are beyond lazy done. If that game would be as big cash milk, dlc would drop every 3 months.

Ares354 said:

There aren't any new race packs because there aren't any races that you can crank out several lords for. That would have been Araby, but I guess they didn't get the rights to them. And anyway, races like Amazons or Pygmies wouldn't have been able to fit in physically due to map limitations. And there are races from WH1 that shouldn't have a spot on the Vortex, namely for example the Dwarfs. They don't have any connections to WH2 besides some minor characters going on minor expeditions, characters that don't fit as LLs anyway. Then again, they have a much better claim to the WH3 map in places like Karak Azul.

And of course the base-game races are gonna get the most time to shine in their own game. Its CAs oppertunity to complete races like Dark Elves or Lizardmen in a setting where they belong.
    ArneSo said:

New races:
    - DoW
    - Legions of Nagash
    - Cathay
    - Monogods stuff
    - Hobgoblins

Classic LPs:
    - Kislev vs DoC
    - Chaos Dwarfs vs Ogres

Crossovers:
    - Malakai
    - Thorek
    - Aislinn Sea Patrol
    - Thanquol
    - Klawmunkast
    - Taurox
    - Ghorros

Exactly, case and point. I expect 4 years at least, if they do updates like they do now. Probably another SAGA (that everyone will forget immediately) after a year or so with WH3. Then after about 3 years we can expect the next big historical thing with WH3 stuff slowly beginning to tap off, but again, 4 years of content, easy.
    4 years of content with that DLC speed, mean berly any race will get only 1 dlc, corssover. And you act like you will get several Lord for 1 race in game 3. yea, gl with that.

Let use CA methods here. Core race get about 2 corss dlc, so 2 years, plus one race pack. That leave 2 years for corssover, so over 8th race, with 5 months between. Thst is 40 months, so minimum its over 3 years to get for every race Corssover pack. Because we know, CA dont do corssover with race out side title, we cant expect corssover vs game 1 race.
    Ares354 said:

4 years of content with that DLC speed, mean berly any race will get only 1 dlc, corssover. And you act like you will get several Lord for 1 race in game 3. yea, gl with that.

Let use CA methods here. Core race get about 2 corss dlc, so 2 years, plus one race pack. That leave 2 years for corssover, so over 8th race, with 5 months between. Thst is 40 months, so minimum its over 3 years to get for every race Corssover pack. Because we know, CA dont do corssover with race out side title, we cant expect corssover vs game 1 race.

We can pick up the pace certainly, Im just assuming from the present arrangement with Three Kingdoms and SAGAs running seperately. And several lords for one race is logical because its the big finale and its now that CA will integrate the remaining major lords across the board. Take the Dwarfs, they have Thorek and Josef Bugman, with a possibility of Grimm Burloksson if they make the mistake of putting him as a lord as well. And again, the base races, Chaos excluded, won't have that many lords to boast up about. Kislev can settle for 4 well enough, Ogre Kingdoms 3 - 4. Its Chaos that's gonna be the main "base DLC race" to pit others against. Chaos Dwarfs might stretch out to 6. So that's about 4 - 5 DLCs focusing on the non-Chaos base races and then its Chaos vs game 1/2 and race packs.

Ares354 said:

We can pick up the pace certainly, Im just assuming from the present arrangement with Three Kingdoms and SAGAs running seperately. And several lords for one race is logical because its the big finale and its now that CA will integrate the remaining major lords across the board. Take the Dwarfs, they have Thorek and Josef Bugman, with a possibility of Grimm Burloksson if they make the mistake of putting him as a lord as well. And again, the base races, Chaos excluded, won't have that many lords to boast up about. Kislev can settle for 4 well enough, Ogre Kingdoms 3 - 4. Its Chaos that's gonna be the main "base DLC race" to pit others against. Chaos Dwarfs might stretch out to 6. So that's about 4 - 5 DLCs focusing on the non-Chaos base races and then its Chaos vs game 1/2 and race packs.
    All would work well, but there is one if. CA will sell game 3 as seperate title, that mean, core race of those game will have cross Lord Pack before CA will add Lord Pack between game 2 and game 1 race, on top of that at least 1 race will come as campaign pack. So first 1.5 year will be most likley time for game 3 core race, and new race, after that CA may, add crossovers on bigger scale.

Right now we have 3 Lord coming with LP, and almost all FLC lord belong to race of newer game. So I dont assume that if Dwarf get Lord Pack in game 3, CA will give them FLC spot too. Thta is big IF, not comfired.

I know that some of remaining race have fewer Lord, but will that stop CA, I dont think. They try to add equal number of Lord, of close to in game 3. I dont think with game 3 that will change. Many people will get angry, if one race will end up with 4 LL, core one, and another with 8.
    Ares354 said:

All would work well, but there is one if. CA will sell game 3 as seperate title, that mean, core race of those game will have cross Lord Pack before CA will add Lord Pack between game 2 and game 1 race, on top of that at least 1 race will come as campaign pack. So first 1.5 year will be most likley time for game 3 core race, and new race, after that CA may, add crossovers on bigger scale.

Right now we have 3 Lord coming with LP, and almost all FLC lord belong to race of newer game. So I dont assume that if Dwarf get Lord Pack in game 3, CA will give them FLC spot too. Thta is big IF, not comfired.

I know that some of remaining race have fewer Lord, but will that stop CA, I dont think. They try to add equal number of Lord, of close to in game 3. I dont think with game 3 that will change. Many people will get angry, if one race will end up with 4 LL, core one, and another with 8.

I don't see why CA can't start adding older races immediately. Greenskins is a perfectly valid race to have in an LP based in the Dark Lands on, with characters such as Morglum Necksnapper or Gitilla da Hunter. Dwarfs is another such race. There is no way you can justify more than 4 lords for Ogre Kingdoms, they only have 4 characters in the armybooks and they're not even all lord material. And remaining characters are mostly footnotes, so the logical setup is Greasus and Skrag in the same faction on launch, then one DLC with Ghark Ironskin and then probably an FLC with the last lord, either Groth Onefinger or Golgfag Maneater. Chaos Dwarfs can spread out to 6 if CA really stretches them. Kislev can't really justify itself above 4 lords either, with the 4th being anybody's guess beyond Boris, Katarin and Ulrika, so 1 DLC there.