Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I find some Wood Elves on 4th edition

Comments

• cossacks368cossacks368 Registered Users Posts: 98
    edited June 12
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,470
    Zoats!
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,076
    Most of these are character choices, and there are better choices for legendary lords/heroes (Arielle, Sisters of Twilight, Araloth). The only one I can see getting added out of these is the melee Warhawks.

Zoats don't really fit in the Wood Elves roster. There's no real lore connection between them; Zoats are notoriously evasive and even Spellweavers are unlikely to be able to find one.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 4,202
    Naieth and her owl would be fun, she could use it as a ranged weapon or to cast spells
    Daith and talandor too
    Also sprites for durthu yes yes
  • YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 336
    Just give us,
    Ariel
    Araloth
    Drycha
    The sisters
    Spellweaver with 10 lores
    Glade Captain with Great Stag
    Shadowdancer
    Spellsinger with remaining lores
    Zoats

Fix the amber
    Now Wood elves are perfect

• forcemanforceman Registered Users Posts: 16

Most of these are character choices, and there are better choices for legendary lords/heroes (Arielle, Sisters of Twilight, Araloth). The only one I can see getting added out of these is the melee Warhawks.

Zoats don't really fit in the Wood Elves roster. There's no real lore connection between them; Zoats are notoriously evasive and even Spellweavers are unlikely to be able to find one.

There's also no any lore connections between Mourngul and Vampire Coast. Mounrguls are even known to lived in cold places like high mountains or Kislev, yet CA still added them in Vampire Coast roster.

So, yeah. I don't think it's that much of a problem to add Zoats in Wood Elves roster.
    forceman said:

There's also no any lore connections between Mourngul and Vampire Coast. Mounrguls are even known to lived in cold places like high mountains or Kislev, yet CA still added them in Vampire Coast roster.

So, yeah. I don't think it's that much of a problem to add Zoats in Wood Elves roster.
    I would say that wood elves have more connections with Zoats then vampire Coast have with Mournguls
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 935
    No Zoats. They are ****.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,527

No Zoats. They are ****.

Plus they were never really associated with WE
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate, Elithis Sea Elves DLCs) :#
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 223
    edited June 12
    Abmong said:

No Zoats. They are ****.

They were available as an allied contigent for the WE in *checks notes* 3rd edition. Yep. There they are, Warhammer Armies, page 149, just a few pages after the pygmy list.

Must be still canon, right?
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,112
    GBone said:

Abmong said:

No Zoats. They are ****.

They were available as an allied contigent for the WE in *checks notes* 3rd edition. Yep. There they are, Warhammer Armies, page 149, just a few pages after the pygmy list.

Zoats are still canon. They are not associated with the Wood Elves in any way however..
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,157
    GBone said:

Abmong said:

No Zoats. They are ****.

Yeah they have always been attached to the WE army as it confirms in the 3rd edition.
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Registered Users Posts: 760
    Zoats wouldn't make sense as WE army units because they're just defenders of the forest, usually devoted to guarding a single sacred glade. Maybe as garrison units or special options in a forest-based campaign like Season of Revelation.
  • DubinekdubajsDubinekdubajs Registered Users Posts: 969

Zoats wouldn't make sense as WE army units because they're just defenders of the forest, usually devoted to guarding a single sacred glade. Maybe as garrison units or special options in a forest-based campaign like Season of Revelation.

You’re saying it like it makes sence for Alerialle to leave Avelorn, or for Belegar to care for anything else than 8 peaks, or for Mournguls to get their asses from the mountains and become Yo Ho pirates.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened 😀
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 740
    I would much rather have a monstrous cavalry regiment of Great Stags than a monstrous cavalry regiment of Zoats, but that's me.

If CA or GW want Zoats in the game then in the game they come. Zoats are extremely rare, but they do exist. It is interesting to me they associate with WEs, because in 40K they come from Tyranids. I think it might be interesting to hear guttural roars mixed with philosophy.

Keep in mind we didn't have fleshed out Lizard men back then. These things look like half dinos, so maybe they would hit it off with the Lizardmen too. Hard to say. Put some scales on one of the Zoats and he looks like a dino-centaur. You could use the body of a bastilladon to create the lower half.

Certainly would fit with Lustria.
    I mean Zoats would also be easy to implement right? Basically just a remodeled Dragon Ogre. As far as not fitting the "theme" of WE. I mean more than just Hawks and Deer live in the forests, and no one complains that a giant flying reptile is out of place among their ranks.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,112
    crazycrix said:

You’re saying it like it makes sence for Alerialle to leave Avelorn, or for Belegar to care for anything else than 8 peaks, or for Mournguls to get their asses from the mountains and become Yo Ho pirates.
    Alarielle (and all the other Everqueens) can, have, and do leave Avelorn from time to time... And Belegar's campaign revolve around him retaking K8P.... The only odd one out, are Mournghuls, which shouldn't be in that roster... So to sum this up: You are trying to exhibit one wrong to justify another wrong.....

crazycrix said:

Alarielle (and all the other Everqueens) can, have, and do leave Avelorn from time to time... And Belegar's campaign revolve around him retaking K8P.... The only odd one out, are Mournghuls, which shouldn't be in that roster... So to sum this up: You are trying to exhibit one wrong to justify another wrong.....
    there isn't anything wrong about it. game 3 will be the EndTimes. Yeah it makes perfect sense that all of the worlds Zoats wouldn't have an interest in defending their forest.
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Registered Users Posts: 760
    crazycrix said:

Actually all of those things do make sense. Even Mournguls are described as being enslaved by necromancers when they come down from the mountains to feed.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,870

crazycrix said:

Actually all of those things do make sense. Even Mournguls are described as being enslaved by necromancers when they come down from the mountains to feed.

Plus Mournghuls are cannibals that get particularly twisted by magic. Cannibalism doesn't just happen in Donner Party style tragedies, but is also infamous in lifeboat scenarios such as in the case of the crew of the sunken whaling ship the Essex.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,467
    People will always search for problem, when it come to race that is practically forgotten by CA.

If we would talk about LM, or Skaven getting that kind of stuff, maybe they would have a point. But WE?! 100% vanilla race for past 3 years ? Cannot get new content because we dont like it. So you will not buy dlc, its that simple.