Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When is the new patch going live?

ottakanawaottakanawa Registered Users Posts: 74
To fix all the bugs introduced with last LP? I figured it would be live by now. This is taking entirely too long for a bug fix patch.

@CA_Duck

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,892
    Yup. Too damned slow.

They must be making more crap for 3K instead.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,001
    We're at 3 weeks for a patch to fix several critical bugs and a number of minor bugs. CA took a month to fix a CTD bug introduced with the Vampire Coast patch, so I assume maybe sometime next week.

The amount of time it takes for CA to fix critical bugs after a DLC release is absolutely unacceptable, but it's fairly predictable at this point. Maybe if they did any kind of quality assurance before launch things like this wouldn't happen.
  • sqboy1sqboy1 Registered Users Posts: 100
    Totally agree, this is pathetic. Should have been hotfixed in a day at the longest.... Other popular games (warframe, diablo, destiny) do it in minutes.
  • SithicusSithicus Registered Users Posts: 9
    Campaign movement bugs, units are dropping orders randomly just standing idle in battle, skill modifier bugs all over the place, and the list just goes on. Just about every facet of this game is buggy in some respect.

I love this game and I can't imagine what it's like to have to manage it but they really dropped the ball this time.
  • EldrickEldrick Registered Users Posts: 433
    Perhaps spaghetti is back on the menu and the tech side of the company is struggling with too complex a code riddle to solve while the management side of CA are slapping themselves on the back for great return on investment - better join another company board CA execs cos this fiasco might just unravel 4 years of work and the reputation of being a CA exec might not look so good on your CV for your next move up the games industry career ladder.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 1,893
    Well, last time I checked it was still the weekend.

Monday potentially begins another week of checking the forums in vain hope, but instead settling for getting a laugh out of a few closed and soon-to-close threads.
    Grom comes. Elves quake. Grom comes. Dragons wake.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,034
    Tuesday Newsday.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,227
    This long wait is ridiculous.

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,222

Well, last time I checked it was still the weekend.

Monday potentially begins another week of checking the forums in vain hope, but instead settling for getting a laugh out of a few closed and soon-to-close threads.

not for them

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 499
    At the same time people keep bitching about the long cycle between patches.
    This game is enormous with thousands of moving parts.
    Yes these sorts of bugs shouldn't be in a patch launch, they should've delayed the patch then instead but we should cut them a little slack with the stupid amount of "new-DLC-when?!" posts.

Clearly the DLC cycle needs to be slowed down by 1 month at least to ensure QA can catch these bugs on time for **** to get sorted.

Yeah I'm getting sick of waiting for the patch, I wanna play it NOW.... but I know I'll just be annoyed.
    I'm just pretending the DLC isn't out yet.

Call me an optimist but I hope this sloppiness is a result of most of the resources being allocated to WH3 development.
  • AntfunkAntfunk Registered Users Posts: 379
    edited June 14
    What’s are the main bugs? I stopped playing before pirate vampires.

I used to play on very hard/very hard and was pretty solid with that completing either campaign, to the point of beating chaos and being boringly OP or the vortex campaign. I came back and decided to play on hard/hard as Imrik who is OP and having issues which I think is due to bugs.

I am aware of the ws bug but have the beta patch so I assume that’s sorted.

Things that are screwing me over are rather than casting spell when I am in range my mage wants to charge the unit. Bolt throwers want to walk to the target sometimes as can’t hit stuff in range and similar with archers. They just won’t always shoot stuff that they clearly should and start walking to the enemy. Spent over a day trying to do a siege whereby I was heavily outnumbered but managed to do what is needed to win but cannot get my archers to shoot or bolt throwers. Had to abandon the game, thankfully only 16 turns in and start again. I see the gamble bug as well.

Are the above things I am experiencing bugs others are experiencing and what are the other big bugs?
  • HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 139
    No idea, but I am fairly certain that Covid-19 will be the excuse used for their sloppy response.
  • AntfunkAntfunk Registered Users Posts: 379
    edited June 14
    I am also having mass issues pulling cavalry out. It’s infuriating. Charged some dwarves in the very first Imrik battle with my dragon princes. Spam click them out but they just stay there and virtually get wiped out. Just axemen.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,892
    edited June 14
    Pulling out is an unreliable method Antfunk. You should always couple your thrusts with protection - I suggest sending in a barrier force around your penetrating attack.

:smirk:
    Antfunk said:

I used to play on very hard/very hard and was pretty solid with that completing either campaign, to the point of beating chaos and being boringly OP or the vortex campaign. I came back and decided to play on hard/hard as Imrik who is OP and having issues which I think is due to bugs.

Things that are screwing me over are rather than casting spell when I am in range my mage wants to charge the unit. Bolt throwers want to walk to the target sometimes as can’t hit stuff in range and similar with archers. They just won’t always shoot stuff that they clearly should and start walking to the enemy. Spent over a day trying to do a siege whereby I was heavily outnumbered but managed to do what is needed to win but cannot get my archers to shoot or bolt throwers. Had to abandon the game, thankfully only 16 turns in and start again. I see the gamble bug as well.

Are the above things I am experiencing bugs others are experiencing and what are the other big bugs?

There are literally too many to list in one thread man. Go check the bug forums - this patch broke almost everything. The game isn't crashing at least, but pretty much nothing works correctly.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 282
    Antfunk said:

I am also having mass issues pulling cavalry out. It’s infuriating. Charged some dwarves in the very first Imrik battle with my dragon princes. Spam click them out but they just stay there and virtually get wiped out. Just axemen.

This is the primary issue of cavalry in general and shock cav in particular in this game. NONE of them have an easy time disengaging from anything. You need to be pretty careful with charges in this game.
  • ottakanawaottakanawa Registered Users Posts: 74
    Ethorin said:

Antfunk said:

This is the primary issue of cavalry in general and shock cav in particular in this game. NONE of them have an easy time disengaging from anything. You need to be pretty careful with charges in this game.
    Didn't use to be a problem till multiplayer people kept whining about how large single entity monsters and heavy cav were pushing through their front lines of low cost tar pit garbage and ganking their Lords. Led to HUGE mass debuffs.

Because they'd rather cry and have everyone get nerfed instead of moving their lord or using dedicated protection
    To fix all the bugs introduced with last LP? I figured it would be live by now. This is taking entirely too long for a bug fix patch.

@CA_Duck

Maybe give an answer instead of deleting it this time just because I mentioned how CA Grace deleted her reddit post stating we were supposed to get our patch last week.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,682
    It won't go live faster by spamming your topic.
    neodeinos said:

Once a day when CA hasn't answered is hardly spamming (:
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 770
    neodeinos said:

Have CA addressed the bugs lately? No? Then I'm fine with one of these being made so CA atleast knows people want these bugs fixed ASAP rather than waiting for another DLC to fix these bugs (and creating a slew of new ones)

neodeinos said:

Have CA addressed the bugs lately? No? Then I'm fine with one of these being made so CA atleast knows people want these bugs fixed ASAP rather than waiting for another DLC to fix these bugs (and creating a slew of new ones)
    The time where we had to wait for a DLC to get a patch is long gone.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,226
    At a certain point I'm thinking they're already mentally done with the 2nd game and are just focusing their attention on the 3rd one. I mean its not even certain if we're getting another LP or FLC faction before game 3 comes out.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,477
    Tomorrow is the day.

Where can I see the deleted post? Sounds interesting.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,477
    Itharus said:

Pulling out is an unreliable method Antfunk. You should always couple your thrusts with protection - I suggest sending in a barrier force around your penetrating attack.

:smirk:

Antfunk said:

There are literally too many to list in one thread man. Go check the bug forums - this patch broke almost everything. The game isn't crashing at least, but pretty much nothing works correctly.
    oh, but thing is the game IS crashing. For ecample after Gotrek dies and you click on the “create new lord” button.

Also sometimes it just crashes.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 865

neodeinos said:

it kinda is.
    makes you look like an impatient toddler. if it is ready it will launch. you cry about buggs and want fixes but also want them to rush it. that is just plain dumb and stupid...
    Artjuh90 said:

neodeinos said:

it kinda is.
    makes you look like an impatient toddler. if it is ready it will launch. you cry about buggs and want fixes but also want them to rush it. that is just plain dumb and stupid...
    You're projecting. I don't want them to rush at all. People like you who defend game companies against valid criticism are a cancer to the gaming industry.
    Been about a month since the DLC was released.

Weapon Strength is still broken and I can't use your patch because it breaks my mods.
    Gambling for wind of magic does nothing.
    Norsca chieftans are missing a bunch of skills and their mammoth mounts (WHAT)
    There are a CRAPTON of recruitment bugs that just make legendary lords outright disappear
    My men are T posing on horses

That's just what immediately comes to mind. We sure would love a patch! Or maybe some communication or an ETA!
    I can't think of any mods that would break with the beta patch.
  • HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 139
    Sorry, too many Charlemagnes to make a patch and CA can't hear you over the sound of the Chinese money crashing in.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    Don't forget about the changing army stance bug. That menu keeps disappearing while I'm trying to change the stance