Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA, HE need this one when will be done?

Comments

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    also

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    Aislinn Sea Patrol Crossover in WH3 is nearly guaranteed at this point.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,522
    edited June 14
    In the far future, alongside Finubar DLC.

It should have been released in the Warden and the Paunch though. It is the second time CA went cheap on the HE side of the LP.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

It should have been released in the Warden and the Paunch though. It is the second time CA went cheap on the HE side of the LP.

Hahahahaha just stop
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,375
    I feel any prejudice I had against the Skycutter fully vindicated by looking at it.

And no, it being a modded unit is irrelevant, CA themselves couldn't make it look any less goofy if they tried.

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 6,460

Would love that, with full rework to the influence system.

It should have more options to use influence
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
    edited June 14
    ArneSo said:

Hahahahaha just stop
    I won't stop advocating for a character that is actually important. But I do suggest to listen to your own advice and stop asking for Ghorst 2.0.

The Asuryan Reborn vs. Daemons. Ah, what a feast!

... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,200
    I wouldn't say they need them.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!

Why? I don't see these arguments when it comes to wverything written for skaven

You guys really need to stop with your unrealistic expectations. It will never be Finubar because of several reasons that got explained in dozens of other threads about that topic.

Aislinn is the Admiral of the Sea Patrol. He is the character of the Sea Patrol list. Finubar belongs to Ulthuan. It would be absolutely lorebreaking and ridiculous to have him in command of the HE Navy far away from Lothern, while Ulthuan is without any government.

Finubar is not an Admiral. He is called the Seafarer because he loves to travel. He has absolutely no experience in naval warfare and has no connection with the HE Navy. He is a traveler, a sailor, a politician.

So just stop. Finubar is already in the game as the influence mechanic, he can’t be a LL running around the battlefields. That’s simply not possible.

So stop being salty about Imrik being the FLC and accept that if the HE will get a Sea Patrol LP, it will 100% be Aislinn.
  • KatarianKatarian Registered Users Posts: 230
    High Elves don't need the Skycutter. Unless CA are going to do something drastic to the unit the High Elves have three varieties of chariots already, one of which went from a terrible choice to completely pointless with the addition of the white Lion Chariot, and don't need another even weaker piece of artillery.

Even if it is a stupid idea it'd be nice to have to give a complete TT roster for the High Elves but it isn't needed. I wouldn't be crying any tears if it never made it into the game.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 731
    I think that picture does more to support the arguement against its inclusion rather than a reason to included it, looks super dumb.

HE already have the strongest airforce in the game bar none. Skaven are still missing warhound type units, strong AL options and decent monsters.

• darkgaia01darkgaia01 Registered Users Posts: 320
    Rob18446 said:

I think that picture does more to support the arguement against its inclusion rather than a reason to included it, looks super dumb.

yea i have to agree
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097
    ArneSo said:

You guys really need to stop with your unrealistic expectations. It will never be Finubar because of several reasons that got explained in dozens of other threads about that topic.

Aislinn is the Admiral of the Sea Patrol. He is the character of the Sea Patrol list. Finubar belongs to Ulthuan. It would be absolutely lorebreaking and ridiculous to have him in command of the HE Navy far away from Lothern, while Ulthuan is without any government.

Finubar is not an Admiral. He is called the Seafarer because he loves to travel. He has absolutely no experience in naval warfare and has no connection with the HE Navy. He is a traveler, a sailor, a politician.

So just stop. Finubar is already in the game as the influence mechanic, he can’t be a LL running around the battlefields. That’s simply not possible.

So stop being salty about Imrik being the FLC and accept that if the HE will get a Sea Patrol LP, it will 100% be Aislinn.
    Two of Finubar's sons are high-ranking officers in the navy. Given his moniker, his home province, the fact that for all people try to claim otherwise he is a decent warrior and general by High Elf standards (it's just that he's only at the Prince level rather than being at the level of Tyrion, Imrik, or Eltharion) and the High Elf practice of universal service at least for males, it's probably a safe assumption that Finubar spent some time in the navy before his voyage (and quite likely others).

There's also precedent in WHO and the Storm of Chaos timeline that Finubar isn't afraid to delegate command of the home front if he thinks he's needed more elsewhere.

The reasons you talk about in other threads are similarly inconclusive. At this stage, I don't think either can be ruled out, but there are advantages to going with Finubar over Aislinn.

HE already have the strongest airforce in the game bar none. Skaven are still missing warhound type units, strong AL options and decent monsters.
    Wait strong al options, looks at all the sakven atilary and weapon teams.
    You are kidding me right. Dude you play mp right. So your telling me that you can't shoot enemy large .
    Plus skaven have so many god damn net options. As well as rat orgers to pin things in.
    I call it bs.

And threre is hel pit abomination yap no al.

Wait strong al options, looks at all the sakven atilary and weapon teams.
    You are kidding me right. Dude you play mp right. So your telling me that you can't shoot enemy large .
    Plus skaven have so many god damn net options. As well as rat orgers to pin things in.
    I call it bs.

And threre is hel pit abomination yap no al.
    Nope, because Skaven AL artillery sucks. In fact, ALL AL artillery sucks in this game thanks to basic balancing blunders on behalf of CA. You can use Jezzails, which have very low DPS or Ratling Gunners, which have low range and are easily shut down.

The HPA is one of the worst monsters in the game with buggy animations and battlefield performance being based largely on a lucky coin toss.

HE in contrast have such a strong airforce that contesting them is completely futile and adding flying artillery on top of everything is absolute overkill.

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097
    edited June 14

Why? I don't see these arguments when it comes to everything written for skaven
    Strictly speaking, skaven never had warhound type units in the army book list on the tabletop. Wolf Rats existed, but were never part of the army book list. Giant Rats, meanwhile, weren't that fast. (In fact, it seems to have been a design element of the skaven army book list that apart from random movement units and Verminlords, everything moved at about the same speed.)

As much as you don't like it, a flying shooting platform was part of the 8E High Elf army book list.

(It's also worth noting that the current multiplayer unit caps put a break on High Elf air power in single battles that use those caps, since every High Elf flying unit counts as a Rare Single Entity.)
    Draxynnic said:

Why? I don't see these arguments when it comes to everything written for skaven
    Strictly speaking, skaven never had warhound type units in the army book list on the tabletop. Wolf Rats existed, but were never part of the army book list. Giant Rats, meanwhile, weren't that fast. (In fact, it seems to have been a design element of the skaven army book list that apart from random movement units and Verminlords, everything moved at about the same speed.)

As much as you don't like it, a flying shooting platform was part of the 8E High Elf army book list.
    They turned Eshin Triads from a trio of Assassins into polearm infantry and Warp Grinders from a "telelport" unit into some weird sort of pseudo crowd control.

Turning Giant Rats into a Warhound type unit is less of a stretch.

ArneSo said:

Look aisilin is not a bad lord. But the thing is he wouldn't be the best for the wh 3 map. Now if he was coming in the next dlc for wh 2 sure i can get behind it. Since there won't be that much ocean in game 3 exclusive map.

The current influence mechanic needs a overhaul. With a overhaul they can remove the Phoenix king events and make other things. The key word is a rework.

Now finubar may not be the best politician but he has ties to that meaning rather than making another op mechanics for him alone they could piggy back on the rework to make finubar own unique mechanics.

Arnessa controls undead, and you have issue with the Phoenix king who is the leader of etaine and whole of ulthuan controlling its navy. Just fui all admiral surve him. He doesn't need to be great to control it.

The bottom line is if HE dlc will come in game 3 than finubar is the better choice for the race as whole.

I am not a fan of one off lords since many of them were not great. Malus and elitheron campaigns are lack luster. And they brought verh little to the race as whole. While great lords like ikkit brought things that was usefull for the entire race outside of the units.

So stop putting out nonsense please. And actually put some thought in to game play mechnics when suggesting lords.
    Draxynnic said:

ArneSo said:

Two of Finubar's sons are high-ranking officers in the navy. Given his moniker, his home province, the fact that for all people try to claim otherwise he is a decent warrior and general by High Elf standards (it's just that he's only at the Prince level rather than being at the level of Tyrion, Imrik, or Eltharion) and the High Elf practice of universal service at least for males, it's probably a safe assumption that Finubar spent some time in the navy before his voyage (and quite likely others).

There's also precedent in WHO and the Storm of Chaos timeline that Finubar isn't afraid to delegate command of the home front if he thinks he's needed more elsewhere.

The reasons you talk about in other threads are similarly inconclusive. At this stage, I don't think either can be ruled out, but there are advantages to going with Finubar over Aislinn.
    His sons doesn’t matter in this case. Finubar himself is the Phoenix King and his role is to hold Ulthuan together politically. He can’t do that from a boat somewhere abroad.

If anything needs to be done with the navy, Finubar sends Aislinn as his first Admiral in command.

The Sea Patrol list ist about Aislinn, so a Sea Patrol LP will be about Aislinn.

But yeah I‘m tired of this debate. In the end it will be Aislinn anyways and certain people will be salty and bitter again because they set themselves up for disappointment.
    edited June 14
    ArneSo said:

Finubar being away from the Court of the Phoenix King is quite a big part of his story.

Finubar was born in Lothern, chances are he served in the Lothern Sea Guard. He most definitely travelled and fought around the world.

Aislinn is already in the game as part of the tech and Tyrion traits.

(...)he can’t be a LL running around the battlefields. That’s simply not possible.

Please, stop with this false narrative. We were asking for Finubar long before Imrik became FLC.

ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

ArneSo said:

His sons doesn’t matter in this case. Finubar himself is the Phoenix King and his role is to hold Ulthuan together politically. He can’t do that from a boat somewhere abroad.

If anything needs to be done with the navy, Finubar sends Aislinn as his first Admiral in command.

The Sea Patrol list ist about Aislinn, so a Sea Patrol LP will be about Aislinn.

But yeah I‘m tired of this debate. In the end it will be Aislinn anyways and certain people will be salty and bitter again because they set themselves up for disappointment.
    We are not saying aisilin will not come we are saying finubar is the better choice.

Dude only reason we even know how aisilin looks is thanks to a card game. While finubar was in the last army book. Not playble but he was there
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,200

Skaven aren't the topic here. I can't answer for other people's opinions on different topics.

The Sea Slug with teeth actively goes against the HE aesthetic, while the Skycutter is a definite want.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!

Skaven aren't the topic here. I can't answer for other people's opinions on different topics.

The Sea Slug with teeth actively goes against the HE aesthetic, while the Skycutter is a definite want.
    But the slug was thing HE could use. Wanna put the blame on GW for that one.

And also it doesn't really take away unique things away from other races.

And even HE have ugly side. Inside in their hearts.

ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

ArneSo said:

We are not saying aisilin will not come we are saying finubar is the better choice.

Dude only reason we even know how aisilin looks is thanks to a card game. While finubar was in the last army book. Not playble but he was there
    In YOUR opinion he might be the better choice. But your opinion doesn’t matter.
    In YOUR opinion Imrik as FLC was also a Bad Choice.

Objectively Aislinn is the better choice because he is THE character of the Sea Patrol list. That alone makes him the better choice.

Sea Patrol = Aislinn
    Sea Patrol LP = Aislinn

Is that so hard to understand?

But whatever, you Imrik fanboys already showed in the past that you are not able to differentiate between „your opinion“ and „realistic options“. So go on then. Demand for a Finubar LP but don’t cry when it won’t be him.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

ArneSo said:

In YOUR opinion he might be the better choice. But your opinion doesn’t matter.

Objectively Aislinn is the better choice because he is THE character of the Sea Patrol list. That alone makes him the better choice.

Sea Patrol = Aislinn
    Sea Patrol LP = Aislinn

Is that so hard to understand?

But whatever, you Imrik fanboys already showed in the past that you are not able to differentiate between „your opinion“ and „realistic options“. So go on then. Demand for a Finubar LP but don’t cry when it won’t be him.
    And were we wrong imrik even though the flc is still better than the dlc lord. Heck elitheron campaign could be completed in few turns don't believe me check out lore master sotek and his campaign speed run series.

So a lord who can be completed in very few turns is a good campaign for a TURN BASED STRATEGY GAME?

May be your in the wrong Genre.
    edited June 14

ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

ArneSo said:

Much better.

Technically Aislinn is mentioned in 8E but yes, he is a pretty obscure character. Ghorst in everything but name.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

ArneSo said:

As I have said before, I'm sure that CA have learned their lesson from Imrik's popularity and regret making him FLC.

ArneSo said:

Finubar being away from the Court of the Phoenix King is quite a big part of his story.

Finubar was born in Lothern, chances are he served in the Lothern Sea Guard. He most definitely travelled and fought around the world.

Aislinn is already in the game as part of the tech and Tyrion traits.

(...)he can’t be a LL running around the battlefields. That’s simply not possible.

Please, stop with this false narrative. We were asking for Finubar long before Imrik became FLC.
    Who is „we“? The Imrik Fanboy Gang of you, Kasun and Draxy? Sure, you cute little trio also asked for Imrik being a WH3 LP and we all know how that ended don’t we?

I only need 1 picture as a counter argument to that comic you tend to post all the time as if it would be a valid argument.

Finubar has zero chance, just accept it. Turning him into a LL makes absolutely zero sense.

So stop being so disillusioned and start to think realistic.
  • FloppingerFloppinger Registered Users Posts: 527
    Nobody needed the Skycutter back when GW released it in TT and nobody needs it now.

To goofy and stupid looking, do not want.