Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is it possible for a caster to have more than 6 spells via modding?

F_SilenceF_Silence Registered Users Posts: 1
Manfred has two full lores of magic which is 12 available spells and a pair of buttons to switch between page 1 and 2. However other lords have max of 6 spells and if I simply add more in the character_skill_nodes_tables, they won't appear in the battle UI. Is it possible to mod a lord to have, i.e. 12 cheerypicked spells from different lores? What tables should I edit? Thank you for help.
Tagged:

Comments

• GrenefellGrenefell Registered Users Posts: 39
    It's a little complicated and references a few different tables, so here's the steps;

special_ability_groups sets up a custom group of spells that will appear on the same tab, this is what characters with mixed lores use.

special_ability_groups_to_unit_abilities_junctions tells the game what abilities/spells make up that group.

special_ability_groups_to_units_junctions tells the game what unit has access to the special_ability_groups you've established.

This will put them all on the same tab, though I haven't experimented much with how this would work with two tabs, but you can probably make two groups and assign them to the same character and I think the game will automatically set up different tabs.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 273
    Note:Eevi's Legendary Lord Spell Overhauls - Fixed, is a mod on Steam workshop that has functional examples of doing this.

AFAICT it's just the base game caster lords, I know Morathi, Teclis, and Mazda get double lores, I think Skrolk likely does as well but Allarielle isn't in the mod.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file