Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Eltharion is the first lord in the world that pays for being a hybrid

Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 6,370
Congrats CA on noticing that the idea of bundling melee lord and caster lord 2 in 1 should be worth a gold tax because it allows you to spare a character slot or two.

However,

Malekith vs generic Dreadlord:

Malekith gains:
+5 LD
+15% physical resistance

Noctilus vs generic Necrofex

Noctilus gains:
+15% missile resistance
+25 LD
+4 MA

Eltharion vs generic Prince on Griffon

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
+6 MD
+204 HP
+20 armor
+5 LD
+10 CB

and becomes a spellcaster for a whopping 600g more!

Congrats on the 100g price cut, at this rhythm in 5 patches he will be viable. Don't wanna overbuff an OP lord that pays 600g over his vanilla counterpart after all, looks like after this patch it will be only 500g. It's a start :)

Comments

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,031
    he is a peasant elf, told this thousand of time in the fourm imrik should have been dlc.
    that in roster where larry and pre patch teclis exist he has no place. now with current teclis the peasent have no place.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 6,370

he is a peasant elf, told this thousand of time in the fourm imrik should have been dlc.
    that in roster where larry and pre patch teclis exist he has no place. now with current teclis the peasent have no place.

he actually does have a lot of places particularly if they applied the correct buff which was -200g he would gain 400g worth of melee stats (even that's debatable that that stats increase is worth 400g imo more along the lines of 200-300g) but definitely for 600g nobody is gonna take him.

Anyway with -200g I can see him having places in some builds, believe it or not more healing is not always the solution. Paying 2050g when an Archmage of High is 1000g on Eagle and 2200g on Moon Dragon is a total joke.

Price for Griffon needs to be on 1800-1900g range, same as Karl Franz 2050g for those stats is a total giggle.
  • GriffithxiGriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 731
    edited June 18
    Green0 said:

Congrats CA on noticing that the idea of bundling melee lord and caster lord 2 in 1 should be worth a gold tax because it allows you to spare a character slot or two.

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Congrats on the 100g price cut, at this rhythm in 5 patches he will be viable. Don't wanna overbuff an OP lord that pays 600g over his vanilla counterpart after all, looks like after this patch it will be only 500g. It's a start :)

"ELTHARION IS THE FIRST LORD IN THE WORLD THAT PAYS FOR BEING A HYBRID"
    Not true, I think you are cherry picking units with mount prices because know if you compared them without mounts it wouldn't make your point.

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,130
    Well argued! Makes a good case for the griffin mount.

What’s the comparison like on foot?
  • KaffeemannKaffeemann Registered Users Posts: 138
    All vampiric characters pay for being hybrids as well.

Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Not true, I think you are cherry picking units with mount prices because know if you compared them without mounts it wouldn't make your point.

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot
    of course I compare mounts, the overpriced part of Eltharion is how much he pays to get a not very strong Griffon, why would I compare him on foot lol.

His Griffon price needs to be 1800-1900g, 1800g would be a "fair" price if you directly compare with Karl Franz, 1900g if you are willing to admit he needs to pay a 100g tax for being a hybrid so you get a weaker Karl Franz for more gold.

2050g of the hotfix beta patch is an absolute joke, never pick pre-patch, never pick in hotfix patch also, this is the destiny of the DLC lord it would seem.
    Green0 said:

Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot
    of course I compare mounts, the overpriced part of Eltharion is how much he pays to get a not very strong Griffon, why would I compare him on foot lol.

His Griffon price needs to be 1800-1900g, 1800g would be a "fair" price if you directly compare with Karl Franz, 1900g if you are willing to admit he needs to pay a 100g tax for being a hybrid so you get a weaker Karl Franz for more gold.

2050g of the hotfix beta patch is an absolute joke, never pick pre-patch, never pick in hotfix patch also, this is the destiny of the DLC lord it would seem.
    Because when you compare base price that is where you can tell if lords pay for having access to a lore of magic or not versus some lords who might be paying too little or too much for something else.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,031
    Green0 said:

he actually does have a lot of places particularly if they applied the correct buff which was -200g he would gain 400g worth of melee stats (even that's debatable that that stats increase is worth 400g imo more along the lines of 200-300g) but definitely for 600g nobody is gonna take him.

Anyway with -200g I can see him having places in some builds, believe it or not more healing is not always the solution. Paying 2050g when an Archmage of High is 1000g on Eagle and 2200g on Moon Dragon is a total joke.

Price for Griffon needs to be on 1800-1900g range, same as Karl Franz 2050g for those stats is a total giggle.
    the thing is why take him?

lore of high magic on its own is decent but not as great as teclis or larry spell selection
    his helm is great but he doesn't have good healing to back it up.
    his barrage is what chaff clearing ability compensation to helf griffions doesn't get blood roar?

honestly if i were to ever take him i would just take him for the helm and get a actual life caster.( i will never take him just like larry and those dumb twins)
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • ShevaTsarShevaTsar Registered Users Posts: 149
    They actually thought -100 on him would change anything smh.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,182
    Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

$150 difference.

Etharion gains

+5 LD
    +20 armor

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +10 CB

If ppl expect that to be a $150 buffs then lol.

Etharion on foot and on horse r extremely prince balanced, he has greater martial mastery.
    Funny how none of those elf players point out why mage on dragon is 15% missile resist, must someone else do all the work for them
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,709

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot

Because when you compare base price that is where you can tell if lords pay for having access to a lore of magic or not versus some lords who might be paying too little or too much for something else.
    Umm... no?

Malekith not only gets access to a lore of magic. He also gets better stats that the DE princess, plus fear and physical resistance. As a melee pure only warrior, he is clearly worth the extra price even without magic. If there is some kind of "magic tax", it's negligible.

Sincerely, my guess is that either he wasn't supposed to lose his equivalent to martial mastery while on the gryph, or that he lost it correctly, but they forgot while pricing him.

• another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    Good, caster lords on monster mounts have been too good for too long.

Other caster lords on monsters need a nerf
    edited June 18
    Pocman said:

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot

Umm... no?

Malekith not only gets access to a lore of magic. He also gets better stats that the DE princess, plus fear and physical resistance. As a melee pure only warrior, he is clearly worth the extra price even without magic. If there is some kind of "magic tax", it's negligible.

Sincerely, my guess is that either he wasn't supposed to lose his equivalent to martial mastery while on the gryph, or that he lost it correctly, but they forgot while pricing him.

Eltharion gets extra armor compared to malekith and an improved martial mastery (not martial prowess so it has greater affect on MA and stays until 25% health) that stays on way longer than normal martial mastery.

Base price is not the issue and they both seem to pay the same for access to lore of magic.
    edited June 18

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot

there is 0 hybrid lords in the game atm who pay for being hybrid.

Green0 said:

the thing is why take him?

lore of high magic on its own is decent but not as great as teclis or larry spell selection
    his helm is great but he doesn't have good healing to back it up.
    his barrage is what chaff clearing ability compensation to helf griffions doesn't get blood roar?

honestly if i were to ever take him i would just take him for the helm and get a actual life caster.( i will never take him just like larry and those dumb twins)
    lore of High is versatile while lacking some high-power spells. I can't explain why I would take him but with -200g I would take him in quite a few builds but the short answer is that lore of High synergizes with a ton of units in HE roster while say lore of Life synergizes only with cav and SEMs.
    yst said:

Etharion on foot and on horse r extremely prince balanced, he has greater martial mastery.
    Funny how none of those elf players point out why mage on dragon is 15% missile resist, must someone else do all the work for them

Dear troll, can you go troll somewhere else please? HE mage on Dragon has 25% missile resist. due to scaly skin, same as feral variant.
    You are not taking etharion because HE is plagued with CASTER LORDS ON MONSTERS BEING UNDERPRICED ALREADY

Hybrid/caster lords on monsters are better pick than pure melee lords + caster in like 90 percent of the cases
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 8,905
    Sure there is try taking a spell and is if the lords cost goes up
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 440
    edited June 18
    Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Azhag pays 200g and has worse stats than a Warboss (-10MD -10CB +2MA +15AP). He's not quite as badly placed as Eltharion, but close. Maybe his Waaagh is worth more?
    He needs another -150 on stormwing and he be good
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,668

He needs another +150 on stormwing and he be good

FTFY

• Meteor18Meteor18 Registered Users Posts: 157
    yst said:

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

$150 difference.

Etharion gains

+5 LD
    +20 armor

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +10 CB

If ppl expect that to be a $150 buffs then lol.

He mentioned that he should be 1800-1900. That is 250-350 gold more than generic Griffon lord.
    I will jump in
    -50 on stormwing, and hes good
    Other caster lords on monsters need to start paying up more

He needs another +150 on stormwing and he be good

FTFY

False

Good, caster lords on monster mounts have been too good for too long.

Other caster lords on monsters need a nerf

Couldnt agree more, its a huge insult on non caster for years when they pays nothing and get a monster as a ride.

Green0 said:

Yep, get in line lol, runelord been paying that tax for 4 years.

Eltharion can wait till 2024

Pocman said:

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

However,

Malekith gains:
    +5 LD
    +15% physical resistance

Noctilus gains:
    +15% missile resistance
    +25 LD
    +4 MA

Eltharion gains:

+2 MA
    +6 MD
    +204 HP
    +20 armor
    +5 LD
    +10 CB

Malekith on foot
    Dreadlord on foot
    Sorceress dark on foot

Eltharion on foot
    Prince on foot
    High mage on foot

Umm... no?

Eltharion gets extra armor compared to malekith and an improved martial mastery (not martial prowess so it has greater affect on MA and stays until 25% health) that stays on way longer than normal martial mastery.

Base price is not the issue and they both seem to pay the same for access to lore of magic.
    That's the thing: they don't really pay. They have much better stats than the basic melee lord. They are not more expensive for being mages. They are more expensive because they are better.

I mean, maybe, they are paying an extra 50 or 75 or so for being mages. But Eltharion on his Gryphon pays almost 400.
    edited June 18
    "there is 0 hybrid lords in the game atm who pay for being hybrid."
    I believe you are wrong.

Red crested skink chief

Tehenhauin
    400 health, 20 leadership, 25 armor
    60 weapon strength in exchange for no 30 bonus vs large
    I believe some of that 350 price difference is going towards access to lores of magic.

Slann High magic

Mazdamundi

yet Mazdamundi has 150 more hp, 2 attack, 40 more weapon strength, immunity to psychology.
    This leads credence to Legendary lords getting a bit extra on stats for a discount compared to regular lords
    and credence to the idea that more of the price difference we see in previous examples is coming from what legendary lord hybrids are paying for access to a lore of magic.

Skaven Warlord

Skrolk
    453 health, 5 leadership, 2 speed, 4 MA, Magic attack and contamination.
    - 60 armor. -35 parry, -10 MD, -5 CB
    -
    It is hard to believe that Skrolk is paying 350 for these stat tradeoffs alone.......
    edited June 18

I believe you are wrong.

Red crested skink chief

Tehenhauin
    I believe some of that 350 price difference is going towards access to lores of magic.

Slann High magic

Mazdamundi

yet Mazdamundi has 150 more hp, 2 attack, 40 more weapon strength, immunity to psychology.
    This leads credence to Legendary lords getting a bit extra on stats for a discount compared to regular lords
    and credence to the idea that more of the price difference we see in previous examples is coming from what legendary lord hybrids are paying for access to a lore of magic.

Skaven Warlord

Skrolk
    -
    It is hard to believe that Skrolk is paying 350 for these stat tradeoffs alone.......

Tehenhuan is just overpriced he is not paying for being a hybrid simply he got priced wrong.
    yst said:

Green0 said:

Yep, get in line lol, runelord been paying that tax for 4 years.

Eltharion can wait till 2024
    this is not a competition if you wanna ask for buffs to Runelord go open your own thread and stop derailing resident troll ty.
  • Meteor18Meteor18 Registered Users Posts: 157

I believe you are wrong.

Red crested skink chief

Tehenhauin

Slann High magic

Mazdamundi

Skaven Warlord

Skrolk
    -

Tehenhauin on Engine of the Gods is excactly the same price as Red Crested Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon (2200). That is despite Engine of the Gods (2050) being more expensive than Ancient Stegadon (1950).
    edited June 18

I believe you are wrong.

Red crested skink chief

Tehenhauin

Slann High magic

Mazdamundi

Skaven Warlord

Skrolk
    -

No, it doesn't give credence at all.

First, I don't know why you are introducing the Slanns in the discussion. I was already comparing Eltharion with a LL. Plus, picking Slaann's as an example is cherry picking. They are examples of the contray (DE princess on dragon v Lokhir).

Second, Skrolk also gets fear, and rage.

And again. I am not saying that there is no mage tax. The mage tax definetely exist. It's obvious when you compare basic caster lords on a mount with melee lords on a mount. For example, the DE princess on a dragon costs the same as the DE great sorcerres on a dragon, and the sorceress has slightly worse melee stats for the same price (2300). But the difference (and this is my point) is minimal. Maybe 50 gold. 75 at best.

However, when you compare Eltharion with Karl Fraz, you get a LL that pays an extra 150 after the rework, and is MUCH worse in melee.

Plus his kit is ****. But that is another matter.
    Meteor18 said:

I believe you are wrong.

Red crested skink chief

Tehenhauin

Slann High magic

Mazdamundi

Skaven Warlord

Skrolk
    -

Tehenhauin on Engine of the Gods is excactly the same price as Red Crested Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon (2200). That is despite Engine of the Gods (2050) being more expensive than Ancient Stegadon (1950).
    Yes and cylostra on crab base cost is 2150......how does that relate? Two different lords on two different mounts who each pay a different price for their different mounts can end up costing a similar price?