The way it works right now is that every "grey" spell has a one second casting time, 3 seconds for "green" spells and 5 for "blue spells". However, while some spells always go off just when the casting ends, there are other spells that have to wait after which makes them unjustly way easier to dodge (even 1 second can make a pretty huge difference when disengaging). Here are some blue spell that I think could go from a 5s to 3s casting time :
- Fiery convocation : the worst. If by any mean you missed the giant blue template over your frontline for 5 seconds, a bright giant phoenix will fortunately give you just enough time to urgently disengage before its too late. Still does huge damage so 3s seems alright.
- Vangheist's revenge : again, pretty hard to miss
- Comet of Cansandora (I don't think I've seen anyone getting hit by it since 2017)
- Piercing bolts
- Doombolt (I know its a homing missile but its still dodge-able and its baaad. It could go off faster)
This goes both way tho, and some other wind spells could get the opposite treatment :
- Penumbral pendulum : according to TWWstats, a non overcasted penumbral pendulum does more damage than an overcasted wind of death
Penumbral Pendulum : 72+36AP damage normal, 72+72AP overcasted
Wind of death : 0+24AP damage normal, 48+24AP overcasted
Now its obviously balanced out by the fact that the pendulum is way thinner, but its really a huge amount of damage in 3s and MP tends to promote thinner lines anyway. Nerfing the casting time of this from 3s to 5s would be nice since it won't interfere with SP, as the AI doesn't dodge.
- Seafang : Seafang does exactly the same damage as a normal pendulum except it goes farther and doesn't cost magic. And its harder to spot since there's no blue template, just a little dark grey magic portal. That's bs. It could go from 4s to 5s. It really can afford it.
As for my second point, the main reason people don't bring the real, fun and flashy spells like purple sun, wind of death or chain lightning isn't really because they're bad, its because you have to pay +200g for these which makes their opportunity cost way too high. Why would I pick Crack's call when I costs more than a unit of skavenslave Spears? Why would I bother with flame storm when burning head is so much more reliable? O think the cost of every spell should be normalized at the cost of the middle, "green" spells personally (so around 150g)
NERF STAR OF AVERLORN :]