Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Changes to some RoR across different factions

PussyslayerXDDPussyslayerXDD Registered Users Posts: 40
edited June 21 in Balancing Discussions
Just some ideas to throw around regarding underperforming/pointless rors:

Empire:

Tattersouls (flags ror)

Paying 275 extra gold for rank 9 stats and bigger healthbar? not worth it for a slightly tougher road block, should remove the extra hp and give them Demagogue like the blightscab censer bearers, would be a welcome and thematic change since inspiring people to fanatic levels is tattersouls lore description

Death's Brigand(archers ror)

Increase their range, sniper is pointless when you have goblin tier range.

White wolves (hunters ror)

Encourage and ITp are absolutely pointless on this unit, remove them, make them cheaper and add poison instead.

Stirland Revenge (free company ror)

I have no idea how to change them properly, maybe remove immune to psycology and reduce their price?

Dawi:

Skolder guard( irondrakes ror)
They re stupidly expensive and lose the Burned effect, what a joke. Giving them suppression would be very useful.

Skyhammer (gyrobomber ror)

Gyrobombers in general will always be underwhelming as long as the bombing interface is not changed, what about giving its bomb a recangular dropping zone, akin to a irl bombing run?

LM:

Phauax sentinels (teraadon ror)

Remove physical resistence and give them anti large instead

Skaven:

Teeth Breakers (ratling ror)

Swapping smoke bombs for hunt would be excessive, unless people would like a silver bullets 2.0, what about an increased rate of fire instead? price could go up if necessary.

Vcoast:

Blood bridge guard (depth guard ror)

Give them guardian, their current ability is trash, on an already awful unit.

Salts lord beasts (deckdroppers ror)

Remove armor breaking and increase thier ammo instead, at least theyd become better at cleaning chaff.

Gallows giant (necrofex ror)

The only ror in the game that should cost less than his counterpart lmao, no clue on how to make this thing viable

Bretonnia

Montofrt guardians(yeoman archer ror)

Should get Melee poison and -25/50 gold.
Bret has no melee poison
These units are useless once they run out of 18 arrows

Feel free to discuss changes to the rors of other factions, plenty of underperformes everywhere
Post edited by PussyslayerXDD on

Comments

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,182
    Tatters r actually not bad. Regular flags r garbage beyond words, but at least tatter gets a decent boost in hp. Not the worst ror out there, wouldnt say they r great either, sort of moderate pass, acceptable just because regular flags sucks so badly but tatters get a nice boost.

Brigands, frikking easily one of THE WORST ror in game. Barring stupid ones likes like dread saurian ror. These guys r absolute garbage, they range needs to be like at least 160-180m to even be remotely useful. These guy r trash archers to begin with, the damage is my god, pathetic af and with current short range, they made it to trash tier ror.

White wolf, another garbage ror, they decided to make these guys a swordsman stat, slap it with $500 for they can be archers. These guys at $900 is jesus frikking worse than $850 shadow warriors. These r just so, so damn useless. I like ur suggestion who, would actually make them useful for once
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 1,722
    Tattersouls dont just have extraa HP, they have extra models, hence more damage output as well as longer holding time.
    White wolves should be better in melee for their price, that would make immune to psychology more valuable as well.

Skolder guard: dawi dont need more units with slows or suppression. Skolder guard should just keep the 'burnt' effect, since steam burns people just as well as fire. maybe a self buff ability would be cool too, like the engineers 'entrenchment' ability.

• PussyslayerXDDPussyslayerXDD Registered Users Posts: 40
    I just find tattersouls supposed unique trait incredibly lame. In fact, its not even a trait, the game dosent even bother to tell you whats unique about them ahah.
    I cant remember the last time ive seen someone bring them(excpet me ofc), but to be fair its rare to see even the normal version.
    Loupi_ said:

Skolder guard: dawi dont need more units with slows or suppression. Skolder guard should just keep the 'burnt' effect, since steam burns people just as well as fire. maybe a self buff ability would be cool too, like the engineers 'entrenchment' ability.

They dont? Dawi have 4 slows in their roster: grombrindal flash bomb, ror slayers, runelord/runesmith and recently gyrobomber (gyrobombers cmon its kind of a joke unit). four slows is higher than average for a faction, but only because other factions have hard cc's like nets or slows that arent tied to sub 40 speed heroes.
    Skolder guards right now have no use, normal version has much more damage potential against infantry, skirmishers and even SEM with regen take some respectable damage. They just end up out of ammo way sooner while costing much more, what about a self buff that adds suppression hmmm?
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    Add in for Yeoman Archers ROR to get Melee poison and -25/50 gold.
    Bret has no melee poison
    These units are useless once they run out of 18 arrows
    they take a ROR spot but doesnt even provide much.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 223
    edited June 21
    The ror necro is alrdy viable
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,002
    Beastslayers of Bastonne

They pay a heavy price for their admitadly rely high MD of 50. But that doesn't seem to make them viable. They should be reworked into either having more offensive stats or some other utility change that gives them an actual niche.
    Uagrim said:

Beastslayers of Bastonne

They pay a heavy price for their admitadly rely high MD of 50. But that doesn't seem to make them viable. They should be reworked into either having more offensive stats or some other utility change that gives them an actual niche.

I see them deployed reasonably often when facing bretonnia, and their stats, while not impressive, are in line with other halaberds.

I think they could use a +1/2 MA anyway, at least they d have empire halaberds stats

Can you suggest any build or particular use? Any time i see it i laugh and think the guy wasted 2000 gold. It cant even shoot while moving
  • sonofabhorashsonofabhorash Registered Users Posts: 194
    the depth guard ror really needs some love, they are such a cool looking unit

decrease dmg output but give them splash attacks which would help to mittigate mellee surround scenario
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,002

the depth guard ror really needs some love, they are such a cool looking unit

decrease dmg output but give them splash attacks which would help to mittigate mellee surround scenario

The issue with depth guard is that the base unit isn't viable, working on those would allow more room for the RoR.

Uagrim said:

Beastslayers of Bastonne

Give them ITP. They are beast slayers after all
    edited June 21

Uagrim said:

Beastslayers of Bastonne

I see them deployed reasonably often when facing bretonnia, and their stats, while not impressive, are in line with other halaberds.

I think they could use a +1/2 MA anyway, at least they d have empire halaberds stats

Can you suggest any build or particular use? Any time i see it i laugh and think the guy wasted 2000 gold. It cant even shoot while moving
    For a ror, they are quite bad.
    Even disregarding ror, compare tomb guard halberd is just sad

Ror necro are amazing against bret
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,474

Uagrim said:

Beastslayers of Bastonne

TK have many too cost effective units in a very felixble roster. Ror FS is pretty ok for ankering a frontline but they could have encourage aura, or give them shields becasue they have them on their backs, just like the dawi shooting inf.
  • AudacimousAudacimous Registered Users Posts: 39

Uagrim said:

Beastslayers of Bastonne

TK have many too cost effective units in a very felixble roster. Ror FS is pretty ok for ankering a frontline but they could have encourage aura, or give them shields becasue they have them on their backs, just like the dawi shooting inf.
    Block chance because shield on their backs still gets me lol -- I still think that is a stupid reason and I don't want to see this repeated for FS. ITP is interesting but it adds nothing if you bring a Grail Reliquae. Maybe armor sundering like the WWR ROR?
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 770
    Give them STUBBORN

Same with longbeards and greatswords

ITP when under 50% unit models.
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Registered Users Posts: 3,957
    Tattersouls are great RoR. Empire already has many great RoR units so competition for 3 spots is great - Sigmar Sons, Silver Bullets, Royal Altdorf, Hammer of the Witches, Zintler's Reiksguard...

But, whenever you want to bring Flaggelants, you're perfectly fine bringing Tattersouls.

I disagree with most of the other suggestions in the OP.

Uagrim said:

Beastslayers of Bastonne

Block chance because shield on their backs still gets me lol -- I still think that is a stupid reason and I don't want to see this repeated for FS. ITP is interesting but it adds nothing if you bring a Grail Reliquae. Maybe armor sundering like the WWR ROR?
    Its rare to use grail relique
    and even rarer to use them with beastslayers, that is a lot of gold for your infantry in bretonnia's standard

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    there were descriptions of grail relique being transported by wagons.

if grail relique is faster it may become decently useful
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia

Tattersouls are great RoR. Empire already has many great RoR units so competition for 3 spots is great - Sigmar Sons, Silver Bullets, Royal Altdorf, Hammer of the Witches, Zintler's Reiksguard...

But, whenever you want to bring Flaggelants, you're perfectly fine bringing Tattersouls.

I disagree with most of the other suggestions in the OP.

Care to elaborate why? Or even better, any alternative change on underperforming rors?

Give them STUBBORN

Same with longbeards and greatswords

ITP when under 50% unit models.

A pipe dream, but a man can dream to see stubborn greatswords one day.