Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Pegasus Mount for Damsels

AudacimousAudacimous Registered Users Posts: 39
It always bother me how imperial battle wizards have pegasi mounts but grail damsels don't. Was there ever an explanation for this? Pretty sure pegasi are much more abundant in Bretonnia than in the Empire and I know for a fact a specific Damsel rode a pegasus once in a WHF novel so yeah, why the omission CA?

On a side note, replace Teclis' bird with a pegasus since at least he rode one once in lore (even though he carelessly got it killed by darkshards). Phoenixes are only reserved for Phoenix Guard captains and Anointed of Asuryan -- not lore friendly at all for a Loremaster.

Comments

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,182
    Brets a lost cause.

Only bother if u like being one of the worst underdogs haha

Helf rocking with dragons and phoenixes everywhere, and they couldnt even give paladins a hippo or frikking pegs for damsel. Helf mages rode dragons lol.....
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 1,722
    yst said:

Brets a lost cause.

Only bother if u like being one of the worst underdogs haha

Helf rocking with dragons and phoenixes everywhere, and they couldnt even give paladins a hippo or frikking pegs for damsel. Helf mages rode dragons lol.....

#elfed
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Yeah agreed.

And also demand brets get light, shadow, and metal lores

Also if they are not goung to southern realms they could move lore of albion to brets. Since brets were based on autharian legends.

If CA being extra nice they could use the damnd paladin and damned knights errarnt to make sons of bretonnia pladins and cavalry.

As former being a hybrid caster and latter being cav with bound spells.

Plus there is a sons of bretonnia special charcter mentioned in novels.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,474
    Hippo mount for Paladins would be a lot mor eimpactful for them. Damsels are fine.
    Then why take henri though.
    His only saving grace is able to ride hippo though
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,002

He is locked to a subfaction which not only limits you more. But also means that just like with angrunds ancestor heroes you're announcing to the world what you're gonna do.
    Uagrim said:

He is locked to a subfaction which not only limits you more. But also means that just like with angrunds ancestor heroes you're announcing to the world what you're gonna do.
    well if they give paladins hippo then henri need buff.
  • Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 143
    Bretonia needs another rework, a deeper one...
    Nihil515 said:

Bretonia needs another rework, a deeper one...

aye need god damn dlc

Uagrim said:

well if they give paladins hippo then henri need buff.
    a hippo with reduced AL bonus or even with no AL bonus, so Henri having 20 Bvsl on Hippo is huge.
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    Move henri to main faction

Create new paladin without AL and guardian. Give hippo and acticated ability armor sundering

Move henri to main faction

Create new paladin without AL and guardian. Give hippo and acticated ability armor sundering

Agreed may be henri could get stand your ground buff. As well.

• AudacimousAudacimous Registered Users Posts: 39
    I don't mind hippo mounts for Paladins. Yes it a SEM but at least you can only bring 2 if you still want a caster. Pegasus for damsels on the other hand is kinda a no brainer that's been overlooked for so long.
    Its funny that I want peg for damsels
    but unicorn for prophetess......

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 770
    Give pal a Hip but remove his AL

Keep Henri with his AL

Henri has a niche, hip paladins aren't totally oppressive aerial goon squads with huge APAL just AP.

The best compromise I can think of that keeps Henri unique and aids paladins without making them too oppressive.

I still think 2x hip paladins and Fey will be unpleasant.

I'd probably remove guardian as well from them when on a Hip
    maybe someone could make a separate thread abput Paladins

Give pal a Hip but remove his AL

Keep Henri with his AL

Henri has a niche, hip paladins aren't totally oppressive aerial goon squads with huge APAL just AP.

The best compromise I can think of that keeps Henri unique and aids paladins without making them too oppressive.

I still think 2x hip paladins and Fey will be unpleasant.

I'd probably remove guardian as well from them when on a Hip

As long as there is a hippo cap of 2 it would be fine.
    There are plenty of other more toxic builds
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,761
    Damsels didn't have access to the Pegasus, but considering all of the characters that have mounts that they shouldn't have it's only fair if they do.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,666

Damsels didn't have access to the Pegasus, but considering all of the characters that have mounts that they shouldn't have it's only fair if they do.

Even better solution, remove those gratuitous mounts.

• BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 440
    I would just like to point out the unicorn is a majestic creature worth more than some old crumby pegasi, so this discussion is really quite irrelevant. #TeamUnicorn #MajesticCreatures #FemalePower
    Bastilean said:

I would just like to point out the unicorn is a majestic creature worth more than some old crumby pegasi, so this discussion is really quite irrelevant. #TeamUnicorn #MajesticCreatures #FemalePower

femalepower? xD lol
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 174
    Pegasus for Damsels and a Hippogryph for the Prophetess would open up a lot of options for Bretonnia. Given all the flying options that Elves, Chaos and Counts enjoy, it's clear that it would not be game-breaking.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,002
    blindjonn said:

Pegasus for Damsels and a Hippogryph for the Prophetess would open up a lot of options for Bretonnia. Given all the flying options that Elves, Chaos and Counts enjoy, it's clear that it would not be game-breaking.

I'm not a fan of giving a monsterous mount for casters. Pegasus sure but hippogryph I think would be too much.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 174
    Uagrim said:

I'm not a fan of giving a monsterous mount for casters. Pegasus sure but hippogryph I think would be too much.

I doubt monstrous mounts will be taken away from the many other casters that have them, so I believe Bretonnia could do with a chance to level the playing field. The Prophetess is one of the few casters that would be "safe" to give some teeth to. She is currently never used and even with a great mount, she would struggle to compete with the Fay's utility or Loeun's strength. If she was viable, we'd see more lores of magic in Bretonnian builds and it would further enable Bretonnia to build very wide, which is one of their few strengths.