Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Prediction for Warhammer 3 Races

MioWaveMioWave Registered Users Posts: 4
edited June 23 in General Discussion
What do you think?

Release:
- Chaos Dwarfs
- Ogre Kingdoms
- Sea Elves, similar to High Elves but NEW Elven type
- Cathey, Vampire Nation, origin: Blood Dragons or Neferata
One Legendary Lord of each "old" race for the WH 3 Map

DLC:
- Southern Realms, like the Dutch East Indy Company
- Nippon, Raiders like the Vampire Coast, but no vampires
- Kingdoms of Ind, mix between high tier Beastmen, similar to Skyrim Kajit and low tear Humans
- Kurgan, similar to Norsca but unique

FLC
Kislev as pre order
Chaos divided as the endgame

just a little explenation:
the new map might feature all in its correct size with nothing squeezed
this means: Chaos Dwarfs Darkland; Mountains of Morr Orges; than a Plain for Cathey and in the South a big Area, for maybe an original elven Race, maybe based on the Idoneth deepkin form Age of sigmar, cause they have an interesting look, or just sea elves cause just High elves would be boring;
These areas need sth. intersting, and not just Lizardmen.

they did the vampire Coast, which is from Dreadfleet;
just say that, after the war of the beard the elves in the colonys refused to go back to ulthuan, than, instead of going in to the forest, they stayed and fortified their colonies

Kislev as Pre Order so that you can play it already in Warhammer 2, similar to what they did with Norsca
They also can go through High Pass / Belyevobota Pass and could have a city or exclave in the Darklands, similar to Wulfhart

Cathey just needs a gimic, not a copy paste of 3 Kingdoms

In Ind, the Beastmen are different and the locals might pray to them, so a different ranking would be cool

Chaos is already a DLC, DLC ofr DLC is never a good idea
Post edited by MioWave on

Comments

• Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,099
    No, just no.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,395
    edited June 23
    Lol. No.
    Post edited by Bonutz619 on
  • BorealBoreal Registered Users Posts: 1,094
    Release:
    - Chaos Dwarfs (Very likely)
    - Ogre Kingdoms (Almost Certain)
    - Sea Elves, similar to High Elves but NEW Elven type (No chance)
    - Cathey, Vampire Nation, origin: Blood Dragons or Neferata (No chance)
    One Legendary Lord of each "old" race (Hahahah no chance)
  • erza321erza321 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,350
    Not sure if this is made by a troll or somebody who knows nothing about Warhammer fantasy.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,080
  • BorealBoreal Registered Users Posts: 1,094
    DLC:
    - Southern Realms, like the Dutch East Indy Company (Dow have a good chance if being dlc or pre order)
    - Nippon, Raiders like the Vampire Coast, but no vampires (No chance)
    - Kingdoms of Ind, mix between high tier Beastmen, similar to Skyrim Kajit and low tear Humans. (No chance)
    - Ungols, similar to Norsca but unique (Very small chance)

FLC
    Kislev as pre order (Not gonna happen as they aren't on the map)
    Chaos divided as the endgame (Chaos as flc, hahahah not gonna happen daemons will be a base game race for game 3)
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,686
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 531
    I mean yeah. Usually it oscillates between monogods base game or deamons with kislev. Sci-fi guess is Cathay. And than...there is you.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    No. You lost me at Sea Elves.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,053
    edited June 23
    I prefer this for game 3:
    Preorder bonus: Southern Realms
    Core races: Khorne, Tzeentch, Kislev and Ogre Kingdoms
    DLC races: Chaos Dwarfs, Slaanesh and Nurgle

I doubt we will get races like Cathay, Nippon or Pink Unicorns without at least small official roster or one interesting character.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    Labria said:

I doubt we will get races like Cathay, Nippon or Pink Unicorns without at least small official roster or one interesting character.

Ewww. Chaos Dwarfs are gonna occupy a huge part of the WH3 map. Why make them dlc?
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,053
    edited June 23
    ROMOBOY said:

Labria said:

Ewww. Chaos Dwarfs are gonna occupy a huge part of the WH3 map. Why make them dlc?
    If CA will split Chaos gods to own races. It make sense to add two of them with Kislev and Ogre Kingdoms as core races. B)
    I doubt game 3 map will be only Darklands. Also, Tomb Kings are main power in Southlands but they were DLC race in game 2. CA can easy add Greenskins placeholder to Chaos Dwarfs settlements before DLC. B)
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 9,035
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 499
    edited June 23
    Anybody who does not include Daemons of Chaos into the core line-up is either trolling or oblivious. They're the only faction explicitly teased at by CA early last year for game 3.

Edit: Apparently so where Ogres. I missed that one.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,044
    Haha, Sea Elves.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
    MrDragon said:

Anybody who does not include Daemons of Chaos into the core line-up is either trolling or oblivious. They're the only faction explicitly teased at by CA early last year for game 3.

Ogres were teased too :).
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 143
    Funny. My bet:

1. Pygmies
    2. Amazons
    3. Estalian Angels
    4. Another impossible race that is not going to happen

I won.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,059
    Yea Cathey, right after Araby, my prediction is that Cathey would not even be on the map.
    Tayvar said:

Yea Cathey, right after Araby, my prediction is that Cathey would not even be on the map.

Game 2's map included half of the Warhammer world.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,059

Tayvar said:

There was important factions in all those places, while Cathey could be easily skipped by CA.
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 283
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 186
    LoL. And Fishmen!
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

There was important factions in all those places, while Cathey could be easily skipped by CA.
    Cathay*
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 903
    edited June 24
    Definitely not. Lumbria will be one of the core game 3 races it's pretty much a certainty 🐱

Post edited by Ingr8 on
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 337
    Guys hear me out. Albion will be the next core faction with 8 LLs.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,770
    Nah. I say:
    -Kislev
    -Ogres
    -Two Chaos Gods races

-Dogs of War pre-order
    -Chaos Dwarf DLC
    -The other two Chaos Gods DLC
    -Nagash DLC
  • HighPriest_AstragothHighPriest_Astragoth Registered Users Posts: 142
    I'm just going to repost what I did in the last thread and call it a day.

Core=
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Chaos Daemons
    Ogres
    Kislev

I know a ton of people like to mention the formula of Order vs Destruction Vs Chaos, and I honestly see it in these factions, Kislev=Order Ogres=Destruction Chaos Daemons=Chaos with Chaos Dwarfs being given a more Fire Dwarf approach and being treated more as game 3's Vampire Counts/Dark Elves. Are they evil? You betcha! the actual big bad world destroying evil? No. WoC wanted to destroy the world for their gods, the Skaven actually wanted to, well just do whatever the horned rat wanted, and if he wanted the world destroyed, then so be it! Now the Dawi Zharr, they just want to survive, live to see another day, and Hashut willing, get revenge on their kin who left them to die. Now I'm not saying they don't do what Hashut says, its just that Hashut seems more preoccupied in feasting on slaves, and apparently holding power over the Dark Lands, its in the lore, that's why the Chaos Dwarf only monsters, the Taurus and Lammasu, have a hard time existing outside the Dark Lands without a Dawi Zharr sorcerer to keep the lore of Hashut flowing freely to more or less keep them generated(oddly enough, I can't remember the Lammasu needing this, as they just breath the very raw stuff of the winds of magic).

So anyway, that's why I see the Chaos Dwarfs fitting in with what most agree to be at least the 3 for sure core races(OK, DoC, Kislev), if we believe the Council of Hashut to be his will on earth, he wants the Dawi Zharr to stay focused on the Dark Lands, with the rest of the world providing slaves for his children, and his own insatiable hunger. This is backed up by the fact that in Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos, there is mention of lava trolls drawn to the underground portion of the temples of Hashut, as well as fire, ash and I think lava spirits, so think Wood Elves and Athel Loren, but instead its the Dawi Zharr and the Dark Lands. Its barely a foot note on the lava trolls and Dark Lands spirits, and it may have even been a nice nudge to the old Chaos Dwarf fans, as what I think was described as a bazooka was used to corral the lava trolls, and among the old guard, an idea rose of Hashut being a living volcano that gained sentience due to Chaos was quite popular, the bazooka part before I forget, was from the really old lore, it dated the big hats and even Hashut himself(They were more boarish then bullish). Either way it could be used to justify the little guys as the bad guys, but not the final boss.

As for their LL, I see the core being
    Astragoth, probably coming in as a hybrid, to some extent due to his mecha suit
    Zhatan the Black, pure melee, I would imagine him giving buffs to the Chaos Dwarf Immortals(if they are added)

DLC=
    Ghorth the Cruel, 100% caster lord, what I see being done for him is simple, look at DLC choice number 2 Drazhoath, where the Ashen lord will have a unique Bale Taurus just for himself, I see Ghorth having a unique Lammasu, and following the Mesopotamia theme, I believe it will be called a Ishtar Lammasu, what would make it different from other Lammasus is, where they can cast spells from the lore shadow, the Ishtar Lammasu will be able to pull from both Shadow and even the Lore of Hashut(or just Lore of Hashut). By doing so we now have a very unique lord, and I believe one that would easily be able to sell as a paid dlc depending on how much wiggle room GW will allow, see in the unfinished second Chaos Dwarf Army Book(there was also a WFRPG I may be thinking of) there was a Sorcerer Priest who was performing experiments, one of these was to help evolve the Dawi Zharr race, basically forced evolution, he would use the dark magics to make more Dawi children into Bull Centaurs, and Bull Centaurs into Dawi Minotaurs, which he thought was the final form Hashut wanted for his adopted children. So throw in some of that unreleased goodies, and the Harridans, who are a all female temple guard of Hashut and the high priest attached to it, and he's golden.(these women were at one time the high priests wives, see the Dawi Zharr practice selective breeding, basically harems with the bulk of female Dawi going to the magically gifted who prove themselves, but once they become barren they can chose to join the temple order as warrior nuns of Hashut, so basically Sisters of Battle Dawi style).

Drazhoath the Ashen is self explanatory, I can easily see the train of death being held back as a paid DLC, and in the base game, the core units, just having all the artillery pieces on a regular base, just how they were in the original army book.

FLC=
    Rykarth the Unbreakable, Think Zhatan but more defensive, he could be easily swapped with him in fact.

For the last one, I think its up in the air, but I would like to see it be, even if it meant another paid DLC, Shar’tor the Executioner. Now, please bare with me for a moment, Forge World had a ton of unfinished Chaos Dwarf projects for Fantasy, but then came AoS, but its not just AoS, its well, money. See you will hear all the time of how the K'daai Destroyer never had a model, that's actually not true, it did(ill post it if I can, otherwise just google the name). Problem was, GW likes money, didn't think it would sell well, and had FW remodel it for...Khorne. My point here is, I honestly don't believe Shar'tor was made for AoS, it was a completed model for Warhammer Fantasy that didn't get completed in time, and so like the K'daai Destroyer, got repurposed for the chance at making more money for the company. So yeah, I don't see any reason he couldn't fit in the game, and Lord knows he sure is requested a lot.

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,337
    edited June 24
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 173
    Nihil515 said:

Funny. My bet:

1. Pygmies
    2. Amazons
    3. Estalian Angels

I won.

Four is definitely the Lakemen from Bretonnia.

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 9,035
    Temudhun said:

Nihil515 said:

Funny. My bet:

1. Pygmies
    2. Amazons
    3. Estalian Angels

I won.

Four is definitely the Lakemen from Bretonnia.