Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Reinforcement range

Kai_KazegamiKai_Kazegami Registered Users Posts: 11
Hello everyone,

I am trying to tweak with reinforcing armies, and was looking for the reinforcement range values.

But I haven't been able to find it in the Pack File Manager.

Does anyone know where these configs are stored?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• GrenefellGrenefell Registered Users Posts: 39
    There's an entry for reinforcement_radius in the campaign_variables table, I don't know if messing with that does anything, but it sounds like it should.
  • Kai_KazegamiKai_Kazegami Registered Users Posts: 11
    Grenefell said:

There's an entry for reinforcement_radius in the campaign_variables table, I don't know if messing with that does anything, but it sounds like it should.

Thank you for the reply!

I wasn't able to find the campaign_variables table. Do you know which pack is it in?
    I'm not sure, I use RPFM and that has an option to just load all of CA's files into it. Using the assembly kit I can see it under raw_data, then open db. It's in there under campaign_variables. I wouldn't alter it directly, but perhaps you can copy it and try and do something with it.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 273
    Note: there's a mod on the workshop "Ash's 33 skills for lords" with a skill that claims to increase the Reinforcement range
    Thank you for your feedback, everyone. I think I found the value in:

db > character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions_tables

It seems the reinforcement range is defined per character.

But what if I wanted to increase it for all characters?
    edited July 2
    hmm, that table just defines effects that increase whatever the base is, wherever it is. If you want to effect every Lord(legendary or regular), I can think of a couple of different ways to do it;

Use an effect targeting the already existing unit set of all commanders. I had hoped this would be easy, but there's no way to just make an effect apply to a unit set, it's gotta go through a building, skill, tech, etc. So options are,

1. Skill-based, like the examples you've already seen for that table. Though there is also another table, frontend_faction_effect_junctions, which gives the various effects for all the different lords and factions. The base game has the effect in this table and the one you mentioned, so this might be the way to go.

2. Tied to buildings. I wouldn't try it, really hard to make work properly or would have to go through a ton of entries.

3. Tech. You could make a cheap tech and put it early in the tree. This is a much more viable option.

The other thing you might try is messing with campaign_groups_table. I think you could make every faction a group using the campaign_group_member_criteria_faction_table. Copy the reinforcement effect, assign it to a custom bundle in effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions_table, then assign that effect bundle to the custom campaign group you made with the campaign_group_effect_bundles_table.

Before you do all that, you did try messing with the reinforcement_radius I mentioned earlier, I hope?
    Post edited by Grenefell on
    Grenefell said:

Before you do all that, you did try messing with the reinforcement_radius I mentioned earlier, I hope?

I did. Unfortunatelly, it didn't work. I tried both increasing, and decreasing, and didn't notice any difference. Including setting to a really low value, like 0,001.

I will try the other things you mentioned and come back. Thank you very much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file