Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Khalida

PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,709
In TT, Khalida had a rule (blessing of Asaph) that would let her join a unit of archers, greatly increasing their balistic skill and giving them poison arrows. This ability has been added in TT as an aura. The problem is that in TW, she has no real reason to be in aura range of the units you would normally want to buff. She is a pure melee lord, which typically you want to have fighting in melee. Not only that, her abilities are purely melee.

In TT this was not an issue because she had a bound ability (the venom staff) that allowed here to attack from range. So she was an actual hybrid, that could be kept in the back while she shot magic missiles every turn with her venom staff and buffed archers.

The problem is that CA has adapted this literally as a bound ability. Which means that instead of a ranged attack that can be used every turn, she has a bound spell with a large cooldwon that can only be used twice. In practice, she is a pure melee character.

That means that her strongest ability, the blessing of Asaph, is next to useless.

Imho, it would be much better if she was made into a melee/ranged hybrid that shoots using her staff instead of as a pure melee with a bound ability. It would make her more unique, as right now she is the weird lord in their roster that can't use spells and that isn't really all that good in melee.

Alternatively, change his "blessing of Asaph" from an aura into something else. An AOE ranged buff, for example.

Adjust price accordingly.

Comments

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Second, give her a ranged attack.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,130
    She is so close to not being useless and redundant in multiplayer ;)
    eumaies said:

Wait are you saying she is already good in mp. Care to enlighten us please

eumaies said:

I find her always not worth the money when you have Arkhan super Mage or setters anti large duelist in your roster. She’s not a Mage so she ends up being inneficient relative to the alternatives. She’s not overpriced exactly but pales in comparison.
    eumaies said:

eumaies said:

I find her always not worth the money when you have Arkhan super Mage or setters anti large duelist in your roster. She’s not a Mage so she ends up being inneficient relative to the alternatives. She’s not overpriced exactly but pales in comparison.
    Thats why she needs a ranged attack. May be she can be respecd to be short distance sniper unit of single entities

eumaies said:

eumaies said:

Thats why she needs a ranged attack. May be she can be respecd to be short distance sniper unit of single entities
    I wasn’t disagreeing with your idea. I think it’s a creative one.
    eumaies said:

eumaies said:

eumaies said:

Not a native English speaker so sometimes it doesn't make sense to me.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 1,722
    yeah would be nice for her to be a ranged lord given all her range buffs and would add some variety.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 440

eumaies said:

eumaies said:

eumaies said:

Not a native English speaker so sometimes it doesn't make sense to me.
    I didn't know what he meant either. I think you spoke well.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 223
    Just give her the sneaky snakes range attack. That would make her more competitive and prob fix her.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,182
    This is a great suggestion, often ppl just look at melee and forgot this lord is sll about missile. As shown on her campaign itself.

One other really important thing i would like to add is that maybe an ammo related buff. Which is just more easy to do than give a new bow attack.

Or really just a more useful missile buff with 200m range
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • GriffithxiGriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 731
    Pocman said:

In TT, Khalida had a rule (blessing of Asaph) that would let her join a unit of archers, greatly increasing their balistic skill and giving them poison arrows. This ability has been added in TT as an aura. The problem is that in TW, she has no real reason to be in aura range of the units you would normally want to buff. She is a pure melee lord, which typically you want to have fighting in melee. Not only that, her abilities are purely melee.

In TT this was not an issue because she had a bound ability (the venom staff) that allowed here to attack from range. So she was an actual hybrid, that could be kept in the back while she shot magic missiles every turn with her venom staff and buffed archers.

The problem is that CA has adapted this literally as a bound ability. Which means that instead of a ranged attack that can be used every turn, she has a bound spell with a large cooldwon that can only be used twice. In practice, she is a pure melee character.

That means that her strongest ability, the blessing of Asaph, is next to useless.

Imho, it would be much better if she was made into a melee/ranged hybrid that shoots using her staff instead of as a pure melee with a bound ability. It would make her more unique, as right now she is the weird lord in their roster that can't use spells and that isn't really all that good in melee.

Alternatively, change his "blessing of Asaph" from an aura into something else. An AOE ranged buff, for example.

Adjust price accordingly.

I agree very good suggestion might even be able to make a Khalida on foot viable with the right ranged stats.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Registered Users Posts: 594
    On foot she's a contender for worst legendary lord in the game. She definitely needs a rework, as her legendary items and abilities are really lackluster.
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 770
    Also support giving her a sneaky snake ranged attack.

She's wasted at the moment and she's a genuinely interesting Lord
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,709
    I mean, its not like it would require much work. You just have to reuse the animations and the like from his venom staff bound ability. And the bound ability could be kept as it is (although i don't really know if currently it can be considered worthy).
  • Odysseus95Odysseus95 Registered Users Posts: 139
    A couple of threads have been made in the past about turning Khalida into a hybrid (ranged/melee) lord, and I supported every single one, so I will support this one too naturally. Khalida would be infinitely more interesting this way. Imagine her riding around on the snake or the chariot, blasting people with the Venom Staff.

She would finally be able to truly complement ranged builds, like she was supposed too. I really hope @CA_Duck checks these ideas out for a potential future update for Tomb Kings :).
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,669
    eumaies said:

She is used in builds that rely on net heavy. Cause you WOM would be spent on this lore and you do not need to pay for caster Lord. Double Bone Giants builds and similar.
    tank3487 said:

eumaies said:

She is used in builds that rely on net heavy. Cause you WOM would be spent on this lore and you do not need to pay for caster Lord. Double Bone Giants builds and similar.
    Yeah but even there she's kind of lame. Yes you can shell out some money and try to get her radius bonus with the giants. But the alternative is a more mobile anti large lord like settra who doesn't really cost any more and who can take a cheap spell just for diversity or in case you lose your net caster, or an even cheaper arkhan who gets you an incredibly good summon, incredibly good ward AOE, the cheaper "my will be done", more speed, better WoM generation and can take spirit leech because why wouldn't you.

Basically arkhan is just way too good in general. He could be less good and khalida a small buff.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 7,182
    edited June 25

A couple of threads have been made in the past about turning Khalida into a hybrid (ranged/melee) lord, and I supported every single one, so I will support this one too naturally. Khalida would be infinitely more interesting this way. Imagine her riding around on the snake or the chariot, blasting people with the Venom Staff.

She would finally be able to truly complement ranged builds, like she was supposed too. I really hope @CA_Duck checks these ideas out for a potential future update for Tomb Kings :).

Wrong tree, hes gone.

We r now under the mysterious balance team which prolly dont even exists only till a new dlc comes, Im guessing only then they gets "activated".

We gone thru the usual post dlc "fixes" may be another 3-9 months before we get a patch. With corona raging, could be the end of 2020 as far as i can tell. Last dlc/patch took how long was that? 6-9 months?
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 4,768
    I am of the same opinion as tank when it comes to Khalida, the times she is good is when you anyway want to go with lore of light, then there is no extra cost associated with not bringing a caster lord and she provides good close range protection for bone giants or bowshapti together with a unit of spitting snakes. She is my preferred pick in some builds for this reason, I think she can be quite good but she is not flexible.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 363
    Honestly this applies to campaign as well as mp. Not asking for her to be over powered, just for her role to make sense. At the moment she has all these ranged buffs that require her to be with the archers. But then she has a necro mount. Which means either the mount is wasted or her ranged buffs.
    She doesn't make any sense currently. It would be great if CA would rethink her role. Personally I'd prefer her as a hybrid ranged unit like others have suggested.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,709

I am of the same opinion as tank when it comes to Khalida, the times she is good is when you anyway want to go with lore of light, then there is no extra cost associated with not bringing a caster lord and she provides good close range protection for bone giants or bowshapti together with a unit of spitting snakes. She is my preferred pick in some builds for this reason, I think she can be quite good but she is not flexible.

Even in that role, she would be much better as a hybrid...

There is no extra cost to bringing a TK caster lord. They’re just better.

And yeah the OP suggestion would give her more synergy with a hanging back and shooting strategy.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 4,768
    eumaies said:

There is no extra cost to bringing a TK caster lord. They’re just better.

And yeah the OP suggestion would give her more synergy with a hanging back and shooting strategy.
    Read that again. Extra cost associated with not.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 174
    Khalida will never seem viable when Settra or Akhan can be taken instead, they are two of the best caster lords in the game. Having said that, she should at least get the stat improvements that the Necropolis Knights got.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 651
    All I want for Khalida is a Sepulchral Stalker kind of ranged attack so she can be a hybrid like in TT.
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 150
    Khalida feels awful in campaign as a lord, like a really clunky lord that buffs archers and are doing nothing, or go into melee where she is just a generic lord. It could be better if she buffed necro knights more instead. Her only saving grace which made me finish the campaign is that her entire army get poison which is good. It make no sense to have a melee lord have a ranged buff. But the poison buff do make up for everything though. Just remove all her Archer buffs and give her the ability to buff stalkers and knights much more.