Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Galleon’s graveyard? Where?

Private_GubsyPrivate_Gubsy Registered Users Posts: 44
This is not necessarily a complaint, but has the AI ever attacked the Galleon’s Graveyard in anyone’s Noctilus Campaigns? I realise that it has strong attrition and a good garrison but even a vastly superior enemy faction will treat it like the Red Pox.

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,567
    One time I got attacked by a HE army from Lothern but that’s basically it.

The only ones really attacking the graveyard are the 3 Shanty Pirates but you can defeat them so easy with your garrison that they are not worth to mention.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 1,965
    edited June 2020

This is not necessarily a complaint, but has the AI ever attacked the Galleon’s Graveyard in anyone’s Noctilus Campaigns? I realise that it has strong attrition and a good garrison but even a vastly superior enemy faction will treat it like the Red Pox.

As player
    Yes Tyrion can attack in some cases. Usually mid-late game. But usually im to strong for him to conquer it at that point.

As AI
    Yes High Elves Tyrion tends to grab it in more or less all vanilla games I play for months and months back. It usually happens mid-late game.

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,968
    Yes, I saw invasion fleets headig there in my Noctilus campaign. But since you see them far in advance you have all the time in the world to send a treasure hunting fleet back to defend it and then deal with the attritioned enemies.
    I I remember right the "best" attack were three stacks from Tyrion and after I squashed them three stacks from Khemri came into sight.

AI Noctilus vs rgeular AI, seems to lose his island rather fast. But if you play Noctilus yourself, it is basically a invincible fortress.

------Red Dox
  • ardeathwingardeathwing Registered Users Posts: 122
    I've been attacked by high elves and pirates.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,160
    I watched an AI only time lapse that resulted in the WE making their last stand in the Galleon's Graveyard before Kislev conquered it.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,376
    Rarely.

You see AI prioritizes enemies and settlements that are close by and/or vulnerable. Unless they have naval aggressor trait they usually aren't gonna go on merry naval expeditions and will instead focus on territory and enemies that are around them.

A heavily fortified settlement in the middle of the ocean, far away from that AI faction isn't something that will take priority until the AI takes care of everything that can threaten it close by. I mean, I personally wouldn't want to go after it until I have at least established myself and brought my neighbors to heel. After that I usually snipe it as Harkon while Noctilus is away getting killed in Ulthuan.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ShaddShadd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 457
    Tilea captured it in my Empire campaign.