Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueBug Report: Traits For Defeating Legendary Lords Not Assigned Unless Battle Auto-resolved

asaucedevasaucedev Registered Users Posts: 9
edited June 25 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Edit: It appears this is a known issue, I posted it originally in Feedback and Suggestions and it was silently moved here. My apologies.

Issue:
Traits for defeating legendary lords are not assigned unless the battle is auto resolved

Description:
The traits for defeating a legendary lord are only assigned if an offensive battle is auto-resolved. The traits are not gained for defensive battles.

Testing:
My lord, Sniktch, outside of but not besieging a settlement was attacked over the end-turn. I created a quick-save for this battle. (SAVE 1) I manually completed the battle, ensuring that the attacking legendary lord Malus Darkblade was wounded, and even ensured the final blow was given by either Sniktch or a hero in the army. I believe it was Snkitch, not 100% on that, though.

Once my turn began I noted that Sniktch had earned two traits, "Good Attacker", and "Bold". Snkitch had NOT earned the trait "Malus in the Underworld", the trait normally awarded for defeating Malus Darkblade. I created another save here. (SAVE 2)

I pressed the attack, assaulting the nearby settlement that was reinforced by Malus Darkblade, who was at this time standing outside of it. I used auto-resolve for this battle, and found that Sniktch had been assigned "Malus in Underworld", and Malus' unit had been removed from the campaign map.

Loading SAVE 2, I pressed the attack again, this time manually resolving the battle. After winning the battle, Sniktch had not been assigned the "Malus in Underworld" trait.

Technical information:
Windows 10, DX11, Intel + Nvidia, 16GB DDR4

Game Information:
v1.9.2
Build 15501.2007796

Campaign: Hard
Battle: Normal
Turns: 16-17
Mods: None!

Edit: Posted in the wrong forum so I didn't see the readme, added the requested files.
Secondarily, looks like this is a known issue. My bad there as well it seems.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 973
    I can confirm, I have same issue. Unless the battle if auto resolved the trait for defeating Legendary Lords is not assigned in the v1.9.2
  • asaucedevasaucedev Registered Users Posts: 9
    Thinking on it, I believe the reason the trait was not gained in the auto-resolved defensive battle would be that, technically, I believe the garrison 'commands' that fight. So that's probably a false lead I've reported there. The offensive battle should give the trait for sure, however.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,168
    Hey asaucedev!

Thanks for the post with all the awesome detail! =) We are aware of it as you've already pointed out but we appreciate the report anyway, we are actively looking into it but don't have an ETA for a resolution right now!

Thanks!
    Charlotte
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • gorgos96gorgos96 Member Registered Users Posts: 80

Hey asaucedev!

Thanks for the post with all the awesome detail! =) We are aware of it as you've already pointed out but we appreciate the report anyway, we are actively looking into it but don't have an ETA for a resolution right now!

Thanks!
    Charlotte

Hi Charlotte, is there any news on the patch? I really wanna play the DLC after a month with bugs :)
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,371
    gorgos96 said:

Hey asaucedev!

Thanks!
    Charlotte

Hi Charlotte, is there any news on the patch? I really wanna play the DLC after a month with bugs :)
    Yeah speak up CA. Looking to play the dlc i bought a month ago with both weapon str and traits. Kinda a big deal.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file