Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Generals should be ransomed for more money

Subr1185Subr1185 Registered Users Posts: 34
edited June 26 in General Discussion
I've been playing a legendary campaign as Dong Zhuo and I managed to capture both Yuan Shao and Yuan Shu. They wouldn't join my faction of course, so the two options left were to release them for ransom or kill them for the item. I wanted to play Dong Zhuo as a merciful character, so I wanted to release them, but I couldn't. It only offered me 200 gold for each of them. 200 gold. After I defeated two HUGE armies. Guys, can I please get a little more ransom for two of the major generals? CA, please fix this - legendary characters should have a very hefty ransom associated with them. If I manage to capture guys like Cao Cao or Yuan Shao, have their ransom be something significant, so players have at least some incentive to let them go knowing they will come back to fight you again - right now, it's not even a real choice.

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,231
    edited June 26
    It is mostly because the 200 gold you get (up to 800 for some characters holding titles) is actually irrelevant.

What matters the most is the 25% chance of developping faction fondness. Capturing Yuan Shao, ransoming him, destroying his faction BUT still have him pop his head in your character pool is actually quite the priceless experience.
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090 (NEW : Alternatively use the 1.6.1 BETA patch)
  • Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 224
    Rewan said:

It is mostly because the 200 gold you get (up to 800 for some characters holding titles) is actually irrelevant.

What matters the most is the 25% chance of developping faction fondness. Capturing Yuan Shao, ransoming him, destroying his faction BUT still have him pop his head in your character pool is actually quite the priceless experience.

Except Yuan Shao is the worst. I always execute him for his betrayals and many crimes.
    I'm just too much of a Fire Emblem player to execute Legendaries :p
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090 (NEW : Alternatively use the 1.6.1 BETA patch)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,039
    Qin_Feng said:

Rewan said:

Except Yuan Shao is the worst. I always execute him for his betrayals and many crimes.
    He was not worse than any of the other cutthroats, just missed his one chance to cement his position by refusing to host the emperor.

Well, stupidity must be punished.

• Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,830
    Rewan said:

I'm just too much of a Fire Emblem player to execute Legendaries :p

Bell from black eagles is the best girl, Lythesia is the most OP mage and Ingrid is the best knight o:)o:)o:)
    Subr1185 said:

It only offered me 200 gold for each of them. 200 gold.

Hey man, EMPEROR Sun Jian is worth even less, welcome to the club.

Hey man, EMPEROR Sun Jian is worth even less, welcome to the club.

He's probably worth 200 as well now. Since ransom is based on salary.

Bell from black eagles is the best girl, Lythesia is the most OP mage and Ingrid is the best knight

Too bad mages falls off really hard in NG Maddening... :(
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,830
    Rewan said:

He's probably worth 200 as well now. Since ransom is based on salary.

Meh, hopefully they rework this in the future to make faction leaders (especially emperors) worth a lot more.
    Rewan said:

Too bad mages falls off really hard in NG Maddening... :(

Staff of Lorenz procs really well on Lythesia due to the matching seal but yeah, you're right about mages in general. Speed demons like Felix/Perta/Ingrid/Leonie/Katrina on speed classes or shields is the way to go in NG maddening. I prefer NG+ maddening though :D
  • Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 224

Qin_Feng said:

Rewan said:

He was not worse than any of the other cutthroats, just missed his one chance to cement his position by refusing to host the emperor.

Well, stupidity must be punished.
    I mean, yeah, but in this game he's specially annoying, I'm not talking about history really.