Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Honest review on Total War Saga Troy's trailer

OngtheconquererOngtheconquerer Registered Users Posts: 303
edited June 26 in General Discussion
Whenever I watch the trailer for Troy, it doesn't bring the energy or feel into my soul. Like it's bland and empty. I'm not sure about you guys but for me...it's just bland. Maybe I'm wrong to compare it with the trailers made for Warhammer or Three Kingdoms but I felt that Three Kingdoms definitely set the bar for trailers to a all new standard. I've been re watching Three Kingdoms trailers and I could feel something in my soul cause the music and every shot taken were perfectly matched. Then when I looked at the trailer for Troy, the only trailer that gave me the hype was the announcement trailer while the rest gave nothing but emptiness. The official trailer still looks good, I still felt something but not as much as the announcement trailer. This is my opinion and review. You could see some of the trailers and compare yourself. CA...please show us more epic trailers for Troy just like what you did for 3k.

Trailers for Three Kingdoms

Trailers for Troy

Comments

• HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 138
    It looks ****. That's all I can bring myself to say about this sorry game.
  • TalavalakasTalavalakas Registered Users Posts: 39
    The best trailers were in Attila. But Troy is also quite good, I think.
    In general - this is subjective. Someone considers riding movie epic load movie of Medieval I.
  • PERICLES1789PERICLES1789 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 90
    I understand your argument, but it is all very subjective. The trailer for Menelaus for example is really convincing. In any case as it is written in the previous post the trailers of Attila were really very good.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,142
    edited June 26
    Thrones of Britannia's trailers were really good, for a Saga game. Feels like Troy's trailers dipped in quality compared to that, but it's still decent.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 952
    I have to agree. The Troy trailers are lacking the grandeur of the other games.

That said, I honestly believe this is a direct result of the pandemic and associated difficulties they have to be experiencing when it comes to things like getting actors into a recording studio, having to work remotely, etc.

Im still cautiously optimistic for the game, regardless. For me, it will really come down to how well the game handles sieges (because, for me, that is what the story of Troy is all about).
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,913
    A review of a trailer? That's a new concept.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 401
    edited June 28
    To be honest, I found R2 and Attila trailers kind of meh. They always feature an alpha male who stares at me in a super mad manner, like I ate his favourite candy or whatever. The only one I liked was the original trailer for R2, that one about Hannibal, which was scrapped for the sake of a generic everyone fights everyone sequence. Probably because Hannibal was later sold as a separate DLC, so CA was afraid of the backlash. Napoleon's was a good trailer, as well as Empire's, although the game was and still is pure trash.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 654
    Trailers are a nice thing...but what really matters is the quality of the game itself.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,844
    edited June 28
    I like the Troy trailers and from what I have seen so far, Troy is 100x more appealing to me than 3k.

Unit design and faction diversity are the most important things for me and Troy seems to be absolutely superior in these parts compared to 3Ks Clone wars.
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 128

do you remember this? I loved it.
    trailers sometimes do good and bad weather.
    for troy these mini trailers I consider them as an introduction to the character, but I would have preferred something more articulate like those of TOB or 3K.
    like this, it explains everything there is to know about king anaraut

• Samsion95Samsion95 Registered Users Posts: 6
    toskyrun said:

do you remember this? I loved it.
    trailers sometimes do good and bad weather.
    for troy these mini trailers I consider them as an introduction to the character, but I would have preferred something more articulate like those of TOB or 3K.
    like this, it explains everything there is to know about king anaraut

Woah! I never saw that Hope trailer before. That's awesome. Would have loved some Wardruna soundtrack clips for battles as Viking factions.

But yeah, the trailers for Troy have been...decent. TOB's cinematic trailer and TK's Dong Zhou trailers have stood out as my all time favorites along with Shogun 2's main trailer
    Current Top 5 Total War Games
    1) Warhammer 2 - Vortex
    2) Thrones Of Britannia
    3) Three Kingdoms
    4) Attila
    5) Shogun 2

Other favorites - Medieval 1 and Napoleon
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,113
    Gameplay matters.
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 889

I don't know why but I feel like these trailer feels good with how I think about the Iliad Poem.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,113
    Guys, do you remember Rome 2? Trailers were better than the actual gameplay itself.

Let's focus on the game itself.
  • Karoten2Karoten2 Registered Users Posts: 255
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, do you remember Rome 2? Trailers were better than the actual gameplay itself.

The trailers for Rome II were awesome...
    The game on realise was disaster
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,844
    Karoten2 said:

jamreal18 said:

The trailers for Rome II were awesome...
    The game on realise was disaster
    Yes but after all patches and DLCs it’s one of the best and most polished TW games ever.

Funnily 3K is the absolute opposite. It had the best start ever but now it’s a bugged mess and the DLC support is also terrible.