Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

It's Simple, CA

Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 24,667
Good Idea:

"We acknowledge the existance of issues X, Y and Z and are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience we caused"

Bad Idea:

"..."

See, if you keep mum the impression is that you're being haughty and arrogant, too good to speak with the plebs buying your products about your lapses in quality control even if that's not true and there are other reasons. Not having anything to work with and people will automatically default to the worst possible explanation.

It's that simpe. One sentence in one sticky. One.

How about it, CA?

Comments

• manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 516
    edited June 28
    The lack of communication issue is now worst then ever. I've not seen a single post from Grace or anyone else from CA in Reddit for weeks. I wonder what's going on.

Edit: I correct myself. She said they're working on the bugs days ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/hd7ztt/the_warden_and_the_paunch_was_released_a_month/fvmgdzm/?context=3
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,780
    I blame the people above the people we know.

It's amazing how people who are supposedly paid to communicate can suck at communication. Janice, you're paid 4x what I am to talk to people and you can't even tell me what you want.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,214
    manpersal said:

The lack of communication issue is now worst then ever. I've not seen a single post from Grace or anyone else from CA in Reddit for weeks. I wonder what's going on.

Edit: I correct myself. She said they're working on the bugs days ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/hd7ztt/the_warden_and_the_paunch_was_released_a_month/fvmgdzm/?context=3

And they can't even say anything on the official forums. Seriously what are the community managers doing during their job time ?
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,986
    manpersal said:

It takes hundreds of hrs to reply like they did on reddit. Just be patient and we will get another sentence in a few weeks.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    neodeinos said:

manpersal said:

And they can't even say anything on the official forums. Seriously what are the community managers doing during their job time ?
    Grace works with reddit. Someone else works on the forum.

They are maybe 150 hrs in on the reply here on the forum so just a week or so left for that sentence.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

neodeinos said:

manpersal said:

They are maybe 150 hrs in on the reply here on the forum so just a week or so left for that sentence.
    Yeah Grace is specifically working for Reddit and yet she can't give answers sometimes, it's probably not her fault though. It's probably the upper managements that are douche completely disconnected from the fanbase, as always.
    It is possible she needs to have every post approved. Also possible she can reply as she wants.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 690
    Why should they bother? We are all going to buy the next DLC anyway.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseeker, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

Those all missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
    edited June 28

Why should they bother? We are all going to buy the next DLC anyway.

Im not planning on skipping the next dlc. But CAs reputation and the trust i place in them is lower. I might have tried troy if 3k and warhammer was better patched. Now im going to pass. Trust is dangerous to waste when it comes to future sales.

It is possible she needs to have every post approved. Also possible she can reply as she wants.

In one of her answer about the communication she said she'd love to share more but she wasn't allowed to, I really think it's just the fault of some douchebags upper managements.
    neodeinos said:

In one of her answer about the communication she said she'd love to share more but she wasn't allowed to, I really think it's just the fault of some douchebags upper managements.
    It may mean she would like tell us more on what they are working on rather than mean she has to get an ok for every post.

neodeinos said:

It may mean she would like tell us more on what they are working on rather than mean she has to get an ok for every post.
    Yeah maybe she doesn't need to have her posts checked before posting but the point is, she doesn't seem to be allowed to share anything she wants.
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Yeah maybe she doesn't need to have her posts checked before posting but the point is, she doesn't seem to be allowed to share anything she wants.
    Free Dogbert the hero that foretold of the glorious Dogs of War!
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,031
    They need to change their communication strategy. The game is popular enough to have some kind of discussion with players.

Well honestly the alternative will be review bombs to force their hand
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 1,868
    I don't believe an apology or even a detailed description of current circumstances will do anything more than increase the number of people here, clamouring for an update and bemoaning the state of the game many were still playing regardless.

No doubt that would make many forum regulars happy. A bit of fresh blood to throw shade at or lecture. It's why we're really here, right? Perhaps I only speak for myself and some others.

As for me, I'll keep playing other games with only a half-curious eye on this place. As to when I will be able to get more of this game in without constant frustration, I leave that up to CA. The bugs in the GS campaigns are glaringly obvious to me and the beta doesn't fix many of the things that bother me most. So I only play a broken vanilla MP campaign with a pal for the moment.

I believe I see love and passion in the way this game has been developed. It is truly incredible to have a game of this scope in this setting and has been worth every penny... so far. I don't need a potential platitude from some executive to make me feel any better. An apology isn't going to change anything. I need a patch... Or I'll carry on playing other things indefinitely.
    Grom comes. Elves quake. Grom comes. Dragons wake.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,667
    Well, currently they're not even making the effort to swap the ad banner on top. By now it should have been either W&P or even Troy related.

They're slipping up more than usual.

• showstopper4showstopper4 Registered Users Posts: 3
    neodeinos said:

From three days on the support forum. https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2705387/#Comment_2705387
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 640

neodeinos said:

manpersal said:

and that is just stupid, why have an own **** forum if your own community managers don't go there. either get the **** over the trashpile that is reddit or just remove this forum this splitting up is just dumb and makes no sense
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,761
    I won't be playing for a long time. Just working on my AoS backlog and playing other games.
  • gorgos96gorgos96 Member Registered Users Posts: 80
    Reddit is a simple example why they dont give a **** about bugs or their responsibilities. Try pointing out a bug and see fanboys rushing into the topic to whiteknight the CA and downvote your topic to oblivion. Total war has a crazy amount of fanboy white knights atm which is a growing problem that will keep causing problems such as this.
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Free Dogbert the hero that foretold of the glorious Dogs of War!
    gorgos96 said:

Reddit is a simple example why they dont give a **** about bugs or their responsibilities. Try pointing out a bug and see fanboys rushing into the topic to whiteknight the CA and downvote your topic to oblivion. Total war has a crazy amount of fanboy white knights atm which is a growing problem that will keep causing problems such as this.

Yeah
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,780
    gorgos96 said:

This forum is full of people who complain. Which is completely fine.

As for Reddit, that's what Reddit is.... Meme's, fun, and actual news get upvoted. Text posts get downvoted, that's the meta, the modus operandi, simply how it is. The approach is valid, you could argue that fans who push for the product to be better are good, but you could also argue that fans who do nothing but complain hurt the fanbase by increasing levels of negativity.

Myself I figure nothing short of numbers has an effect.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,711
    Going to move this to Chat as I cannot see anything really related to a discussion about Warhammer. It looks more like a discussion about the 'personal perceived' thoughts on possible Creative Assembly business practices.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • LeeBuLeeBu Registered Users Posts: 42
    edited June 29
    The forum certainly does not like you talking, rather move the trash to the trash pile where none will look, or just close the thread. Recent involvement on an announcement thread, and it's closure left me thinking, why let people comment at all on them?

In regard to the defence of CA practises, communication and so forth, i honest to god can not get past the fact that people keep throwing up the Corona virus as a viable defence, yet the same virus did not stop them releasing content in the 1st place, unfinished, full of bugs, and in a state that can only be described as a mess at best.

The people that have a problem with complaint, are the same people that endorse receiving faulty goods at cost.

More people should complain when there is good reason to do so, not defend something that is clearly wrong, purely because they have some sort of warrior code towards CA and other companies like it's their football team or something.
    The more people complain, point out issues, bad practice, and so forth, the less likely we are to keep living this **** trend of buying a product that is not as described in an official release capacity.

I have mentioned in other threads my displeasure at basically being taken for a mug.
    I have spent serious money on Warhammer and Three kingdoms in comparison to any other game available, and I cannot play neither game unhindered, or if i can play at all.

Not communicating with customers, especially during this time, just shows a complete lack of respect, and is just a slap in the face to the masses who are expected to just follow suite, shut up, sit down, and live with it, oh and test our games for us.

I am currently playing a FREE game in my library, because i cannot play either of the 2 most expensive games i have ever purchased because they do not work as intended, if at all, something about that infuriates me.
    We are not looking at a couple of days here either, Three kingdoms is going into it's 7th week, whilst Warhammer now pushes close to the month mark.
  • drizzlynewtdrizzlynewt Registered Users Posts: 119
    dge1 said:

Going to move this to Chat as I cannot see anything really related to a discussion about Warhammer. It looks more like a discussion about the 'personal perceived' thoughts on possible Creative Assembly business practices.

Let's consider this, shall we? On one hand we have the original poster here, myself and the numerous other people who've started and posted in threads about topics that are very similar to this who feel that this is, in fact, relevant to the game.

On the other hand we have you - and ONLY you - who thinks it's not relevant and needs to be moved to a section of the message board that you know full well gets completely ignored.

I have to wonder why it is that you feel people who have *ALREADY BEEN SOLD A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT* asking that the company who have sold them the defective product *CLEARLY COMMUNICATE WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO RECTIFY THE ISSUE* is somehow not relevant to the game itself? Right now we have a game that does not work as it's supposed to. This has been the case for a number of weeks. The fact that a lack of communication about this is resulting in us being unable to enjoy it - and potentially running the risk of losing us as customers - is, I'd say, pretty relevant.

Even if you, somehow, after what I think is a pretty clear explanation still don't think it's relevant I've have to ask you... Given that this is an issue that comes up regularly and people clearly want to talk about it and aren't doing so in the forum you want them to, would it not be better to just, I dunno, have one thread about it on the board you don't particularly want it to be on, rather than spamming the board with multiple "closed" threads about the same topic because people are obviously going to keep bringing it up?
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 1,868
    @drizzlynewt Passing comment on moderator actions is against the rules here, like it sensibly is in many places. I guess that's why you have been flagged. A private message would still likely break the rules, but you could phrase a straightforward request for clarification instead. That's if you are curious.

Business practices are fun to chat about, but lets not pretend it is relevant to game play. This has been a consistent message from the mods for years, regardless of the mood of the thread. It isn't their fault most people can't be bothered to frequent the chat forums. I feel you assign an agenda where it doesn't fit and that is why I felt the need to comment. You might hear me as a neutral party... or assign an agenda to me, I guess. People sometimes do.
    Grom comes. Elves quake. Grom comes. Dragons wake.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    Business practices of course have a direct impact on game play, especially considering bugs and the like, i am going out on a thin branch here and break a rule knowingly "may the god of consequences have mercy on me".

I feel that the moderators should take a look inward towards themselves and think more closely about what warrants a thread closure/movement/lock, it´s very saying that the majority of the threads criticizing the choices made by CA when our favorite game is concerned is the ones shut down or moved into obscurity.

I just want to see a fix to all the bugs that plague the game allready.
  • LeeBuLeeBu Registered Users Posts: 42
    edited June 29
    If we want to get PC about thread topics and discussion, i'd argue that this particular thread, and many others like it, do not belong in general chat, and if the job was to have posts and threads relevant to the subject, perhaps then these types of threads should belong in Feedback and suggestions... NOT general chat.
    To me, that is a blatant attempt to silence relevant criticism, and hide it's intended meaning because ultimately is does represent the games they sell, and the people that are currently playing them, or may be thinking of purchasing them.
    I have seen the same happen on Steam reviews, remove them or bury them because the truth hurts.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 650
    edited June 29
    How is this general when this problem is very clearly hitting Warhammer the hardest at the moment? And the grievance is very much surrounding Warhammer's unplayable state at the moment after nearly a month or more since the DLC's release.

This is a pretty blatant attempt to hide away criticism but throwing it somewhere with low visibility.