Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

It's Simple, CA

2»

Comments

• SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014

How is this general when this problem is very clearly hitting Warhammer the hardest at the moment? And the grievance is very much surrounding Warhammer's unplayable state at the moment after nearly a month or more since the DLC's release.

This is a pretty blatant attempt to hide away criticism but throwing it somewhere with low visibility.

well first of all I do play the game and hence it can't be unplayable.

2nd of all:
    when a discussion is about CA Handling of things and not the game TW WH itself, its not a WH topic.

third:
    moving something to "general" doesn't it make it less visible.
    Its not CA or moderators fault that people are too lazy or narrow in focus to visit "general".
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • LeeBu1985LeeBu1985 Registered Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2020
    SiWI said:

How is this general when this problem is very clearly hitting Warhammer the hardest at the moment? And the grievance is very much surrounding Warhammer's unplayable state at the moment after nearly a month or more since the DLC's release.

This is a pretty blatant attempt to hide away criticism but throwing it somewhere with low visibility.

2nd of all:
    when a discussion is about CA Handling of things and not the game TW WH itself, its not a WH topic.

third:
    Its not CA or moderators fault that people are too lazy or narrow in focus to visit "general".
    Inappropriate Comment removed.

Firstly, just because the game may run well for you, it does not mean it runs well for everyone, and whilst some may class certain bugs as perfectly fine and have a kind of meh attitude towards them, others may see them as more of a major inconvenience to the play of the game, that's also if you are lucky enough to not experience CTD, kick back to main menu, and game hangs. And before you say it's me or my computer, before this DLC I had zero of any of these for the 700+ hours i played of the game. Three kingdoms is even worse.

Secondly, the discussion topic devolve into CA practices, because CA practices are the exact reason the games are in the state they are, and the lack of communication is why people question it more so.

And thirdly, moving a topic to general chat that clearly is not general chat, is an old school forum trick to bury bad air, without literally deleting the thread, general chat is often built up of multiple threads relating to pretty much anything, meaning there is a bigger chance stuff like this gets buried.
    In regards to peoples apparent laziness, most people would use such forums as this to talk about the game they are currently playing, not occupy general chat, hence it literally being under the banner of OFF TOPIC.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    It seems several folks need a reminder of what they agreed to abide by when they signed up for forum access.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

I suggest it be read again by those that may have forgot. In particular:

5) TotalWar.com Forum Behaviour:
    5.1a Post threads only in the appropriate forums (read sub-forum descriptions for help)
    5.1b Before posting a new thread ensure it does not already exist

1) Respect:]
    1.1 Please do not disrespect any other forum users, including volunteer moderators or CA staff
    1.2a Please do not practice negative behaviour: personal attacks/bashing/baiting/spamming, etc.
    1.2b Please do not use taunting/trolling (behaviour with the deliberate goal of being controversial or offensive)
    1.3 Commenting on a decision/action made by a volunteer moderator or CA staff member is not allowed .
    1.4 All decisions by staff are final. If you have a genuine question about an action you may ask the staff member who took the action, although they are not required to respond. If you have a question that remains unanswered, please PM an Administrator.

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• NeverBackDown#9942NeverBackDown#9942 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,877
    So many tim foil hats here it's hilarious.

Not sure if you all understand but there's thing called COVID-19. It has complicated business. It's making it harder to communicate between the various people at CA, as it has any company, and therefore communication has slowed down some as it takes longer to get things approved or let the community manager in on important information that they technically aren't really helping the team on besides spreading the word.

It's made it more difficult. While CA can improve yes I wouldn't place to much blame on them for the time being.

Everyone here is probably home more often than normal. Meaning more free time to spend here which can mean time feels longer in between communication from CA than it really is. While time for you may feel forever I'm sure the community managers feel like they don't have enough time.

Again they can improve but right now it's not entirely their fault. It's just made their usual standard worse due to unforeseen circumstances.
    edited June 2020
    There we go again with the Corona virus argument.
    The answer would have been to simply not release the product during that same virus.... As it clearly had a devastating effect on their quality, or do we just keep forgetting that part, because it doesn't suit the agenda?
    It was a blatant money grab, knowing most the world is at home, any other time, they may have delayed it, or released in a better state.
    Actually, you know what, sorry for being a bit of a **** here, i'm not usually so aggressive in nature. I am however feeling very stuck, and disgruntled towards the current issues, i cannot get my money back (which believe me if i could, i would, and i'd run far away from all of this) and i cannot make my views any clearer, in vein they may be, I've at least spoken out.

I originally joined here recently, and have never bothered with the forum before, but after spending over £100 on Three kingdoms to no be able to play it, i joined, to then be smacked with the same crap on Warhammer 3 weeks later it's hard to be calm, that's close to £400 invested for something i cannot use as intended, if at all...

So forgive my failure to forum rules, and for my aggressive stance to replies.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    LeeBu said:

SiWI said:

2nd of all:

third:

Firstly, just because the game may run well for you, it does not mean it runs well for everyone, and whilst some may class certain bugs as perfectly fine and have a kind of meh attitude towards them, others may see them as more of a major inconvenience to the play of the game, that's also if you are lucky enough to not experience CTD, kick back to main menu, and game hangs. And before you say it's me or my computer, before this DLC I had zero of any of these for the 700+ hours i played of the game. Three kingdoms is even worse.

Secondly, the discussion topic devolve into CA practices, because CA practices are the exact reason the games are in the state they are, and the lack of communication is why people question it more so.

And thirdly, moving a topic to general chat that clearly is not general chat, is an old school forum trick to bury bad air, without literally deleting the thread, general chat is often built up of multiple threads relating to pretty much anything, meaning there is a bigger chance stuff like this gets buried.
    In regards to peoples apparent laziness, most people would use such forums as this to talk about the game they are currently playing, not occupy general chat, hence it literally being under the banner of OFF TOPIC.
    Firstly:
    well sure it doesn't run for everyone well but that cuts boths ways. And only because you didn't have the problems before doesn't mean that the problem isn't on your end anyway.

2nd:
    and this makes it still a CA practice thread not about the game.

thirdly:
    it literally would take one, one click to reach general chat, starting from the WH forum.
    So yeah it is still disinterest of people to discuss CA practice and not the game. No one can tell me that it would be even inconvient to visit this part of the forum.
    And I say this as someone who things that many interesting topics here die, because general chat doesn't get visit.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,076
    Have we had a 'we could sue them' comment yet?
    SiWI said:

LeeBu said:

SiWI said:

2nd of all:

third:

Firstly:
    well sure it doesn't run for everyone well but that cuts boths ways. And only because you didn't have the problems before doesn't mean that the problem isn't on your end anyway.

2nd:
    and this makes it still a CA practice thread not about the game.

thirdly:
    it literally would take one, one click to reach general chat, starting from the WH forum.
    So yeah it is still disinterest of people to discuss CA practice and not the game. No one can tell me that it would be even inconvient to visit this part of the forum.
    And I say this as someone who things that many interesting topics here die, because general chat doesn't get visit.
    Hey dude, like i said, I've apologised for my aggressive stance, the comment removed was not in anyway related to any kind of name calling, I think it was more the manner it was written.
    I have since installed the mod released that fixes the lords traits and other parts, and after several hours of playing, it's funny I have not had a single hang, crash or anything of the like.
    Now that I can play 1 of the games, I've less reason to be here.
    Auto updates are off, and my wallet will remain closed in future, pending serious investigation beforehand or i may choose to not bother. Yes i will miss out, but that is something I'm willing to accept if needs be.

Peace out fellas, cheers for the debate!