Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No wiki with detailed info on game mechanics yet?

davidbrake@gmail.com[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 9

Contextual help is nice but I prefer reading to watching videos for learning and the PDF manual is pretty sketchy. There are several wikis with unit info etc (https://www.honga.net/totalwar/three_kingdoms/index.php looks particularly good) but what can I do if for example I want to know what I need to build/own to build trebuchets? Or what units would be best to take down towers without them? (I am playing Zhang Jue). I mean obviously I can ask here but I don't want to be popping in here every few minutes if there was a good way to learn myself...

Comments

• CA_OtherTomCA_OtherTom Registered Users, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 321
    while it may not be able to answer all your questions, the help overlay in game (F1, or the I button) is contextual, changing depending on what is on screen.

The text gives you a rundown of what to do, but they also link (I believe shift clicking) to the Total War Academy videos. That will have playlists demonstrating the types of interactions you can do within that UI element.

When it comes to unit recruitment, if you select the character who's retinue you wish to recruit, there is a window showing the units they are able to recruit and who is locked - I believe the tooltip for locked units demonstrates unlock conditions.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,449
    An official Total War Wiki would be pretty damn handy.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,456
    edited June 30
    Yeah there should definitely be a wiki, CA should start one so people can build on it from there.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 127
    If you don't count the spin offs like Battle Kingdoms or Arena then the last Total War game with an official Wiki was Warhammer 1.
  • davidbrake@gmail.com[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 9
    Even an unofficial but "blessed" wiki would be fine. But the wikis I have found are inadequate and the in-game contextual help just not detailed enough.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,449
    edited July 4

Even an unofficial but "blessed" wiki would be fine. But the wikis I have found are inadequate and the in-game contextual help just not detailed enough.

There's a community-made wiki for Total War: Warhammer 1 and 2, and it's really top notch.
    https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Total_War:_Warhammer_Wiki

The actual "official" Total War Wiki looks like a Microsoft Word document and is absolute crap... It also hasn't been updated in 4 years, so it doesn't even include Warhammer 2, Thrones of Britannia, or Three Kingdoms.
    https://wiki.totalwar.com/