Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My oak was burnt and...

lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 3,192
Nothing happened, just need to rebuild it... a bit odd.

I would make the garrison stronger (right now it’s horrible) but if wood elves lose the oak they should lose

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,667
    I'd rather they get a major debuff if it happens and can't rebuild it for at least 10 turns.

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 3,192
    The garrison lost against a very basic green skin army on normal... it has 8 treekins and 2 treemen but very few damage dealers...
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Registered Users Posts: 419
    nothing basic 'bout orcs

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’

nothing basic 'bout orcs

They used to be trash, now every army is very hard to kill, power creep.

Instead of increasing stats over and over in every patch, o would prefer a patch the reverts back values
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 134
    lucibuis said:

nothing basic 'bout orcs

Instead of increasing stats over and over in every patch, o would prefer a patch the reverts back values
    When did orcs have their stats increased? 🤔
    GBone said:

lucibuis said:

nothing basic 'bout orcs

I mean buffs is several ways with a scraps, fast recruiting high tier, etc,

Plus their cavalry used to be trash now the trash my wild riders, so I think they have new powerful cavalry or it has been buffed
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 20
    It must be hard, being so terrible at playing with the WE, all you seem to do is conpkain about how everything **** on them, and its hilarious
    They used to be easy to play, now they are super hard. I’m fendin back green skins and vampires after scaling difficulty back to normal, but dark elves are conquering high elves and we are at war so order side is losing ground , I might lose the campaign
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,777
    WAAAGGHHHHHH
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • ThirdeyeThirdeye Registered Users Posts: 149
    I was think’n it would be cool if landmarks could function as shrines to particular lores of magic. In particular, the Oak of Ages would be a shire to Life magic. So, growing the Oak of Ages would increase the potency of Life magic in-game. Burning the Oak of Ages would greatly decrease the potency of Life magic game wide. It could work the same for other landmarks. So, say the Gold Monolith would function as a shrine to Metal magic. Rites to enhance the Monolith would increase the potency of Metal magic game-wide. Damage the Monolith and the potency of Metal magic would decrease game-wide. This would make it so the loss of a landmark would have a game-wide effects. It would also add an additional and interesting playing/strategic element into the game.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,423
    I remember back in the first Shogun and Medieval games, an invading army can initiate a dilemma event: fight on the field, retreat to the castle, abandon region, etc.

This should have been re-introduced back into newer titles, especially since Minor regions normally have no walls.

Anyhow I think the Oak should just operate like a regular settlement: several slots, including option to build walls.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • ThirdeyeThirdeye Registered Users Posts: 149
    daelin4 said:

Anyhow I think the Oak should just operate like a regular settlement: several slots, including option to build walls.

That will probably happen if they give us Ariel.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,635
    lucibuis said:

GBone said:

lucibuis said:

nothing basic 'bout orcs

Plus their cavalry used to be trash now the trash my wild riders, so I think they have new powerful cavalry or it has been buffed
    100% ****, that. Across the board GS cavalry have actually been nerfed. The only thing any of them got that wasn't a negative was +10 on armor on assorted flavors of boar boys. Also, wild riders aren't meant to fight other cavalry - although they should honestly beat anything the GS send against you unless you're playing on VH difficulty or something (where all your melee anything are at a disadvantage). Even glade riders can take out GS cavalry - the only thing they've got that can catch them the glade riders cut down in melee, and they have the range and speed to endlessly kite any of the GS cav archers.

Fast recruiting high tier? HAH! They just had their recruit times brought in line with everyone else and their high tier is on par with other factions' tier 2 stuff, other than black orcs.

Scraps are not game breakingly powerful things, either. In fact about half of them are useless, and 40 of that other 50% have been placed on the wrong units to make good use of them.

Lucibuis... come on, man. Your weird crusade against GS lately is just too bizarre and wrong for words. What did you lose a battle against GS for the first time in your life and you're mortally offended or something?

Keep to promoting Ariel. It's what you know and understand.
    They have been buffed significantly, I mean everyone can attested that. Too much or enough is different opinions.

Another huge buff was to the giants, they used to route fast, now they never break. AI brings usually mass giants and mass black orks which makes it very hard to route them. Giants taker forever to die even if peppered by arrows now, not sure why
  • FraxinusFraxinus Registered Users Posts: 401
    I play many factions, so I feel like I can be a (maybe?) neutral voice here. I love Warhammer in general and I tend to get obsessed with one faction at a time. I have both played as Greenskins and fought against them, both before and after their update.

They're much more balanced now than they were before. They went from being disastrously underpowered to an actual threat.

Bretonnia is my current obsession. During my ongoing campaign, Grimgor quickly became the dominant power in the Badlands / World's Edge Mountains, pushing out the Dwarf factions and confederating the other Greenskins. Compared to before the patch, when the Dwarfs were the ones who did that like 90% of the time, it's kind of a nice change of pace.

I just had one of the most epic battles I've ever had in TW:WH, with three of my armies getting absolutely dogpiled by many Greenskin armies and Waaaghs. It was hell to get through, but it was amazing, and definitely lore-accurate.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,002
    lucibuis said:

They have been buffed significantly, I mean everyone can attested that. Too much or enough is different opinions.

Another huge buff was to the giants, they used to route fast, now they never break. AI brings usually mass giants and mass black orks which makes it very hard to route them. Giants taker forever to die even if peppered by arrows now, not sure why

Giants have not been buffed this patch, they were always a decent distraction carnifex but the AI rarely made them. I would worry more about the BO and then deal with the giants after.
  • EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 273
    Meh, I still don't get scared by GS.

Heck, in my last Imrik Campaign I decided to jump into war with Grimgor to protect Rictus Clan-Nest from his Waagh(ok, I actually just wanted to force Grimgor to fail the Waagh so he'd be a bit easier to murder.) Twasn't that hard.
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Registered Users Posts: 733
    >2020
    >wood elves
    >complains about giant spam
    >is an archer faction

luci what timezone you in cos we're gonna play a coop campaign durthu + orion and maybe we'll both learn something

• Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 47
    Fraxinus said:

I play many factions, so I feel like I can be a (maybe?) neutral voice here. I love Warhammer in general and I tend to get obsessed with one faction at a time. I have both played as Greenskins and fought against them, both before and after their update.

They're much more balanced now than they were before. They went from being disastrously underpowered to an actual threat.

Bretonnia is my current obsession. During my ongoing campaign, Grimgor quickly became the dominant power in the Badlands / World's Edge Mountains, pushing out the Dwarf factions and confederating the other Greenskins. Compared to before the patch, when the Dwarfs were the ones who did that like 90% of the time, it's kind of a nice change of pace.

I just had one of the most epic battles I've ever had in TW:WH, with three of my armies getting absolutely dogpiled by many Greenskin armies and Waaaghs. It was hell to get through, but it was amazing, and definitely lore-accurate.

Sounnds like you got a fun campaign going on. What difficulty do you play on ?
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 516
    I think Greenkins are still behind the most powerful races in the game like skaven, dwarfs or high elves. I started yesterday an Orion campaign on very hard/normal because I was curious after all your posts and I didn't find it any hard. The main problem early game was clan spittel spreading skaven corruption and I destroyed them at turn 12 after a single battle in which I achieved a decisive victory. They had 4 plague monks, but it only took some focus fire to kill most of them.
    manpersal said:

I think Greenkins are still behind the most powerful races in the game like skaven, dwarfs or high elves. I started yesterday an Orion campaign on very hard/normal because I was curious after all your posts and I didn't find it any hard. The main problem early game was clan spittel spreading skaven corruption and I destroyed them at turn 12 after a single battle in which I achieved a decisive victory. They had 4 plague monks, but it only took some focus fire to kill most of them.

Did you continue? Did the vampires destroy the empire and the green skins conquered up to carcassone? Every campaign evolves differently
  • Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 98
    lucibuis said:

GBone said:

lucibuis said:

nothing basic 'bout orcs

Well, Wild Riders are more of a shock unit and not supposed to fight Orc Boar Units or cavalry to begin with. Normal Boar Boyz and Boar Big'uns got a slight armour buff, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. What might be more impactful however are their scrap upgrades that can be used to further increase their armour or grant them some extra anti-large. But yeah, they are just not a good unit for Wild Riders to fight. WRs will utterly trash any Greenskin infantry apart from Black Orcs (provided you pull them out in time, otherwise they are gonna take a lot of damage from the BIg'uns) but the Boars you should just leave for your archers or your eternal guard. Or Treekin. Greenskins have a really hard time killing Treekin.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 640
    manpersal said:

guess chaos doesn't even excist in your games aswell. poor WoC and beastmen :'(
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 795
    SerPus said:

If you combine all your posts I think that would be a very funny book about wood elves failing in pretty much everything.

And how they are broken in MP. And that mean in battles aswell if well played.
  • FraxinusFraxinus Registered Users Posts: 401
    Pico0 said:

Fraxinus said:

Sounnds like you got a fun campaign going on. What difficulty do you play on ?
    Usually normal. It may seem silly for someone who has hundreds of hours in the game, but I like it because it makes more units viable and allows me to play around with different army compositions if I want to. It's also the difficulty that the units were balanced around, so it feels more like the "intended" experience, if that makes sense.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 516
    lucibuis said:

manpersal said:

Did you continue? Did the vampires destroy the empire and the green skins conquered up to carcassone? Every campaign evolves differently
    Not too much, amber and PO issues are too annoying and I'm not compelled to retake where I left. You're right about the game evolving differently and provoking some situations in which you can hardly win. But it can happen to any race and is the problem of factions having different levels of difficulty. If you play as Lothern you want tides because you'll be able tovafford lots of armies and will have a secure base. Wood elves are probably always going to be hard, because they can't confederate large chunks of territory, they're very exposed and they lack walls. At the very least, I hope they get better PO options and the amber removed in their rework.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 795
    manpersal said:

lucibuis said:

manpersal said:

Not too much, amber and PO issues are too annoying and I'm not compelled to retake where I left. You're right about the game evolving differently and provoking some situations in which you can hardly win. But it can happen to any race and is the problem of factions having different levels of difficulty. If you play as Lothern you want tides because you'll be able tovafford lots of armies and will have a secure base. Wood elves are probably always going to be hard, because they can't confederate large chunks of territory, they're very exposed and they lack walls. At the very least, I hope they get better PO options and the amber removed in their rework.
    Amber need a total rework ATM it's annoying in a campaign. But WE are very good in battles, and sometime the OP reclamations are just selfish and without any sense.

>2020
    >wood elves
    >complains about giant spam
    >is an archer faction

luci what timezone you in cos we're gonna play a coop campaign durthu + orion and maybe we'll both learn something

Mountain Time. That would be fun, I need to learn how to play battles, I still suck too much
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Registered Users Posts: 733
    Well I'm GMT +10 :)