Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Monitor signal loss after several minutes of gameplay

Spiderspllicer1Spiderspllicer1 Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi, I'm posting in regards to an issue I have after shortly launching a campaign. After several minutes of playing, my monitor loses signal and I have to forcefully shut down my computer. Switching the HDMI cord hasn't helped and the problem seems to only be with Warhammer II. If anyone has any potential solutions, that would be appreciated!

Comments

• derekgillespiederekgillespie Registered Users Posts: 9
    I've had exactly the same problem start happening, beginning on 7 July.

It only happens to me at the point that a battle is going to happen - as soon as the game switches from the campaign map to the battle loading screen. I had just upgraded my monitor to a new LG 27GL850-B, and I'm connecting the monitor to the PC using Display Port, not HDMI.

The only thing that solves the issue seems to be a forced computer restart. Is anyone else experiencing this, or do you have any suggestions as to the cause or a solution?
  • LtSergeLtSerge Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same probelm here.

After 30 or 40 mins, i lose the monitor signal. It happens in no specific moment, sometimes in the middle of a battle, sonmetimes in the campaign map, though the music and sound in general keeps playing. As you said, the only option once this happens is to manually shut down my computer.
    I've sent a support ticket explaining my problem, i'll share the solution with you if they help me solving this problem.
  • Spiderspllicer1Spiderspllicer1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited July 13
    LtSerge said:

Same probelm here.

After 30 or 40 mins, i lose the monitor signal. It happens in no specific moment, sometimes in the middle of a battle, sonmetimes in the campaign map, though the music and sound in general keeps playing. As you said, the only option once this happens is to manually shut down my computer.
    I've sent a support ticket explaining my problem, i'll share the solution with you if they help me solving this problem.

Yup, this sounds exactly like the issue I am having. I tried following the suggestion found here:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1923764/#Comment_1923764

Which worked and let me play for a full session. However, when I went to play again I had the same problem happen. Following the solution hasn't worked again unfortunately.

I appreciate you sharing the solution if you get it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file