Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedSoft-Lock on Vortex Campaign Eltharion. (Solved)

SKYB0RNSKYB0RN Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2
edited July 6 in Crashes
This is the second soft lock for a new DLC character I've had. Unfortunately the one for Malus was so long ago that I don't know if I have the relevant files any more. That on was on Vortex as well.

Anyways the soft-lock for Eltharion occurred at Turn 20. At Turn 19 all is fine and I can play the game without issue. Computer's turn goes by fine with nothing of note. Once I cycle to turn twenty I get soft locked. I can't click on any buildings or armies without crashing.
I noticed that a pop-up box appeared in my tech tree. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2154283320
It seems like a help index of some sort? It's the only difference between Turn 19 and 20 I could find, so it makes me think it could be a part of the reason for this crash. It's textures are missing until I click on it.

I use a lot of mods, so I hope that CA doesn't have too much trouble because of that.
(I use a research speed mod which is why I have so many techs unlocked at turn 20.)
I have attached a Zip File containing minidump, campaign save, logs, etc.
Game build: v1.9.1 Build 15282.1987501 (modded)
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• SKYB0RNSKYB0RN Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    Well. seems it was a mods fault for the soft-lock. Unsurprisingly.
    It was the custom lords mod. It had put a corrupted trait on one of my lords which was causing the crash.
    It was fixed by purging the custom lords of all traits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file