Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The draw for me, the psychology of this game.

overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 378
I have never played a game as much as I have played total war Warhammer. Skyrims 400 hours pales in comparison to the 1500 combined hours I have in the Warhammer games and all there dlc packs.

I ask my self why?

Why does a new campaign always feel like a good idea? I think it's the sheer range provided in each campaign. Every game i gradually start to play less for fun and more for some abstract completion goal, usually between turn 80 and 140, and I can stop playing this faction. I'm glad that final slog is over.

But just as I'm about to play something else, I hear a voice.

Hmmm I haven't played that race in a while - Oh that would be an interesting start position for them - love to try that unique mechanic - I do Want to try that new battle strategy, with those cool units - definitely want to build that unique badass landmark.

And off I go again. Another long game. The sheer variation in this game is astounding. Game Devs have done such a good job and deserve props for all they have done to make the first 80 turns super fun. I don't even consider when buying the dlc packs, that I can barely afford, because I trust them so much.

Ps there should be a shrine landmark somewhere on the map that allows any race(except dwarves) to access a tile specific ability to respec a character standing on it, maybe at an expensive price or costing you a level. Maybe gain a cool trait in the process. I'm stoned.
I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.

Comments

• DoelnDoeln Registered Users Posts: 62
    + 1

When game 3 comes out and it's combined, there will be born a historic game.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Registered Users Posts: 1,598

I have never played a game as much as I have played total war Warhammer. Skyrims 400 hours pales in comparison to the 1500 combined hours I have in the Warhammer games and all there dlc packs.

I ask my self why?

Why does a new campaign always feel like a good idea? I think it's the sheer range provided in each campaign. Every game i gradually start to play less for fun and more for some abstract completion goal, usually between turn 80 and 140, and I can stop playing this faction. I'm glad that final slog is over.

Hmmm I haven't played that race in a while - Oh that would be an interesting start position for them - love to try that unique mechanic - I do Want to try that new battle strategy, with those cool units - definitely want to build that unique badass landmark.

And off I go again. Another long game. The sheer variation in this game is astounding. Game Devs have done such a good job and deserve props for all they have done to make the first 80 turns super fun. I don't even consider when buying the dlc packs, that I can barely afford, because I trust them so much.

Ps there should be a shrine landmark somewhere on the map that allows any race(except dwarves) to access a tile specific ability to respec a character standing on it, maybe at an expensive price or costing you a level. Maybe gain a cool trait in the process. I'm stoned.

LOL why not Dwarfs?
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,553

I ask my self why?

LOL why not Dwarfs?
    That’s what I’m trying to figure out lol
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,760
    edited July 2020
    Doeln said:

+ 1

When game 3 comes out and it's combined, there will be born a historic game.

I know what you mean been looking forward to it. I've been trying to set this game down lately (tried to get back into Witcher 3, but got hooked on Kingdom Come after picking it up on sale) after 2000 hours its starting to run out of fuel, with each new dlc barely keeping the flame of joy from dying. Game 3 with its 4-5 new races and large map expansion and other new additions will be a nice boost, but my morale is wavering.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,461
    ROMOBOY said:

I ask my self why?

LOL why not Dwarfs?
    That’s what I’m trying to figure out lol
    He said he is stone. Dwarfs mine stones, he doesnt like it, so he has no respect for the Dwarfs....
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 378
    In not entirely sure something magic, something lore. I was high when I wrote this.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.