Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Declare war on everyone

Unhappy SamuraiUnhappy Samurai Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 231
edited October 2011 in Empire: Total War
Has any one tried declaring war on everyone turn 1 on vh/vh and won? I wonder if its possible :)
Post edited by Unhappy Samurai on

Comments

• on a mountainon a mountain Senior Member Basel, SwitzerlandRegistered Users Posts: 1,018
    edited October 2011
    Hm, interesting idea. Never thought of it, actually. Is it possible, though? I would hesitate mainly for financial reasons... You go bankrupt, and from then on it is only defend, defend, defend, until they take you.
  • Unhappy SamuraiUnhappy Samurai Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 231
    edited October 2011
    Well yes obviously there will be no trade :)

I think it should be possible with Russia.. since you are only facing a western and southern front.. I'll try it and see how it goes.
  • LSDLSD Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 861
    edited October 2011
    Did this with Russia on NTW for the achievement. They have a number of territories which can be taxed to kingdom come -- this is your sole source of income.
    Should also work in ETW, especially since they have even more territory than in NTW.
    [portable-ID]lsd[/portable-ID]
    Feel free to check out my Steam guide on naval combat in E:TW
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandRegistered Users, Moderators Posts: 8,876
    edited October 2011
    Russia in ETW does not start very wealthy (without trade and functioning ports, that is). You might not be able to sustain large armies to stave your (all known) enemies
  • paulus magintiepaulus magintie Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    If you start as GB then your only concern is at sea with your non existing trade ports being blocked and your navies being under constant attack because nobody bothers invading you.

i would say build up in the 13 colonies get them to join you and then declare war on everyone and defend that trade route that way you have plenty of trade to wage war.
  • RyanMan12RyanMan12 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 436
    edited October 2011
    i did that on my first game. when another faction was pirating a trade route i thought they were pirating me so i attacked them
  • ColfaxColfax Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 967
    edited October 2011
    LSD wrote: »
    Did this with Russia on NTW for the achievement. They have a number of territories which can be taxed to kingdom come -- this is your sole source of income.
    Should also work in ETW, especially since they have even more territory than in NTW.

I was about to say, its quite feasable in Napoleon.
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
  • troveksnovadtroveksnovad Registered Users Posts: 6
    I did it in empire rome2 and currently doing it in Attila tw. In empire it was very easy with great Britain as the would send fleets that I would capture and scrap for cash... So taking the Americas was easy and by that point I had the world locked down with my navy. Then ate the world from India. In Rome 2 I did it with Sparta an it was easy once the army got the trait stalward defender which let me put untakeable forts up outside the cities...had pikemen with 1000 kills with only a handful lost. In Attila I am doing it with eastern Rome...o and i also do it by winning all battles and no auto battles on the hardest game difficulty.