Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crash on loading

KVODKVOD Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi all,

I need your help !

I've been playing TWW2 for a while now, got about 500 hours of game before the last DLC released, the Warden and the Paunch, which included its fair share of problems ingame. Following those, I installed the Da nutz' Beta, as well as a couple of mods (starting to get really invested in the game here). From then, I've had nothing but issues with the game, and I can't roll back to where I was before. About 90% of the time, I can't load my campaigns, the game crashes at 50 or 75% of the loading; if it loads, it often crashes after a couple of turns, during any loading screen. I've tried several things to revert the situation and I'm starting to get desperate. I hope y'all can help me !

Build: Game version 1.9.0. / version 3.23.0 launcher (not sure which one you're looking for here)

Detailed description:
Game crashes on loading screen, often at 50, 75 or 90%. The loading is way longer than previously, stops at some point, and the game crashes back to desktop, with no error message whatsoever.

Reproduction Steps:
- Launch the game
- Load/start a campaign
- Game loads until 50/75/90%
- Crash back to desktop

Details of any solutions that have already been attempted:
- Uninstall/reinstall the game
- Uninstall/reinstall Steam
- Compatibility - Run steam/TWW2 as admin
- Disable cloud syncro
- Delete preference script
- Remove mods, remove beta, reinstall mods/reinstall beta
- Add preference script file as mentionned in the "read this before posting" thread

Any help would be appreciated. I can't play the game anymore. I've not attached my modified log because it's empty (?); as mentionned above, I've deleted and copied back the preference script, which I've included here as well. I've also included the save file of the last campaign I was able to play, which crashed in game (after trying to load the campaign about 5 times)

Cheers !

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file